The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #16
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Man's best dinner.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Bon Appetit!

Wonder what kind of sauce goes with dog? And what is a proper side dish?
Cat? Muskrat? monkey brains!

Hey, if I were hungry enough...I just might eat a cellarite with fava beans and a nice Chianti, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

If I were hungry enough I might eat haggis or black pudding...but it'd still probably have to be a few more days after that before I'd consider eating dog.

Some people eat some strange stuff. Even deep fried bugs.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #19
Aliantha

or guinea pigs
Old 08-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #20
jinx
Come on, cat.

Here's an interesting article that talks about the ban on dog meat dishes in certain restaurants during the olympics... and about how dog, like rat, is a winter meat, that warms the blood and helps with circulation.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #21
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Bon Appetit!

Wonder what kind of sauce goes with dog? And what is a proper side dish?
Cat? Muskrat? monkey brains!

Hey, if I were hungry enough...I just might eat a cellarite with fava beans and a nice Chianti, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I used to get it shishkabobbed with barbecue sauce in the Philippines. Tasted pretty good. Of course, I was drunk most of the time I was there.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
smee
Person Who Has Posted

not for me

my first post - but might be my last too as will probably have to give up IOTD after being completely grossed out by that - especially the guy
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #23
Aliantha

Welcome smee. There's lots of good threads to look at. Sometimes IOTD isn't the greatest place to begin (in my opinion) but I guess it's often interesting. You can get some good recipes too.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #24
Babs
looking for Howard Roark

Quote:
In some remote cultures (maybe not now, but recently) it was totally OK to eat long-pig. So. If that's part of their culture, why shouldn't they be allowed to practice it? Who are WE to impose our rules on THEM? Who are we to say ethnic cleansing isn't wrong? If a country hates a certain group of inferior or non-indigenous people, shouldn't they be, culturally speaking, allowed to keep their culture "pure"? If it is Islamic law to kill your daughter for flirting or having premarital sex or whatever....if that is their CULTURE, they should continue with impunity. What of the African tribes who practice clitorectomy as part of their culture? Who the HELL are we to try to stop it???

many questions come up when we are talking "culture"
I agree with you mostly, except for the female genital mutilation. The problem with that is how it's done... Mother's often tempt young girls out the house with promises of treats/etc and the next thing the young girl knows, people are holding her down and slicing her clitoris off, sometimes with a piece of glass. This procedure is rarely down with any anesthesia or pain killers... And the whole reason for it is to make sex painful/unpleasurable for women so their husbands can be sure they won't cheat. This practice makes me very sad. It's unlike other cultural things because there is no avoiding it with good behavior. There is no choice. You can get it done in America, but you have to be an adult. Considering I'm a woman who very much appreciates her clitoris, it breaks my heart to think of all the women who have it taken away.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #25
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Just to clarify things BigV and Bri, in case you weren't aware, long pig or long pork is humid beings, not doggies.

Killer squirrel, nice spelling job! Are you my sister?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #26
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Hi Babs, and welcome

Now---may I ask you if you think it's ok to kill a daughter who flirts/has premarital sex/doesn't cover up correctly/cannot walk the street without a male relative? You see, that is all extremely foreign to my way of thinking but you, being from UAE, might appreciate the security it brings. But, don't you think KILLING someone for flirting or being raped (a thing that happens against the girl/woman's wishes and is violent and evil) for "family honor" is a thing that makes you feel secure? Nobody asks for rape---yet the men seem to get off and the victim is made to suffer. Please help me to understand this as it is a major puzzle for me.

I really appreciate your point of view on this.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #27
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell nutkin View Post
Just to clarify things BigV and Bri, in case you weren't aware, long pig or long pork is humid beings, not doggies.
I am very aware of that. I DID watch Gilligan's Island, you know! There were cannibals on "the other side of the island"

—James Barrie

Old 08-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #28
squirell nutkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
I agree with you mostly, except for the female genital mutilation. The problem with that is how it's done... Mother's often tempt young girls out the house with promises of treats/etc and the next thing the young girl knows, people are holding her down and slicing her clitoris off, sometimes with a piece of glass. This procedure is rarely down with any anesthesia or pain killers... And the whole reason for it is to make sex painful/unpleasurable for women so their husbands can be sure they won't cheat. This practice makes me very sad. It's unlike other cultural things because there is no avoiding it with good behavior. There is no choice. You can get it done in America, but you have to be an adult. Considering I'm a woman who very much appreciates her clitoris, it breaks my heart to think of all the women who have it taken away.
Any genital mutilation is out of the question unless you are an insane adult, then it's ok to do to your own personal self. Otherwise, no cutting of the happy parts!

Just imagine the reaction if you were to say "Oh, I've got a great idea! Let's cut the end of your penis off. That would be so awesome and spiritual and clean and god wants that for you too! While we're at it, let's not just remove your clitoris, but let's sew your cooch practically closed."

That shit is the genital equivalent of suicide bombing. Any adult that would entice a kid with candy or anything else to have that done is seriously brainwashed.

footbinding, head flattening, public school, need I go on?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #29
Aliantha

What's wrong with public school?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #30
squirell nutkin

Quote:
I am very aware of that. I DID watch Gilligan's Island, you know! There were cannibals on "the other side of the island"
That's why I love you Bri, You are my Gingert and my Mary Ann, and my "lovey" all rolled into one.