The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 03-06-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
nekee
naughty nurse

Terrell Owens

Does anyone else think that he is being a jerk? He is going to have all the Baltimore fans despising him as well as his new team members. Man I thought he pulled some funny stuff when he used the sharpie or he grabbed the pom poms, but now he is whining about being on the Eagles and how he lost his 10 MILLION dollar signing bonus. Like he needs 10 million more dollars. PLEASE! Just make him shutup and wear the damn jersey.
nekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Good call. He did this to himself. SF says they didn't have any interest from any other cities besides Bal and Phi.

The Eagles are very precise about how they use their money. If he wanted to be an Eagle he could have gotten in the way and made it happen... take a slightly lower bonus and the Eagles could have probably gotten that deal done. I'm just glad he's going AFC.

But now the Eagles are still horribly deficient at WR.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:44 PM   #3
blue
Operations Operative

You Philly fans have no idea how lucky you are you didn't get this jerkoff. Talk about a cancer, this guy could single handedly tear apart your team.

And yes I am still pissed you beat the Packers...anyone actually buy a 4'th and 26 t-shirt?
Old 03-06-2004, 05:47 PM   #4
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm not sure about the whole "he missed the filing deadline" deal, but it's not like the Ravens are a horrible team. What a weenie.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58
You Philly fans have no idea how lucky you are you didn't get this jerkoff. Talk about a cancer, this guy could single handedly tear apart your team.
The Eagles do that pretty well on their own, without the help of a professional ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I'm not sure about the whole "he missed the filing deadline" deal, but it's not like the Ravens are a horrible team. What a weenie.
The "he missed the filing deadline" means that he didn't file for free agency or technically his agent didn't. Since he did not file for free agency he was stuck playing out another year of his current contract. As a free agent he would have gotten a ten million dollar signing bonus, but since it's his fault I say f**k him.

Half the reason the guy doesn't want to go to Baltimore is that it will show how mediocre he is. Since Baltimore doesn’t have a good quarterback his numbers are going to fall off quite a bit, and definitely is going to lower his market value during the next off-season. Going to Philly probably would have kept his numbers the same, but I think he would destroy that club. Baltimore will survive though, Ray Lewis won’t take any shit off T.O. and he’s definitely that team’s leader.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:24 PM   #7
elSicomoro

I understood what the situation was, Cam. I'm wondering whether he actually missed the deadline. The players are a bunch of turds, but the NFL isn't exactly the most upstanding organization either.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #8
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Oh, sorry, actually I didn't know about the lastest developments until just a minute ago. Teach me to post before looking at Google News. Now how many people would be surprised if suddenly no team is willing to sign T.O. if the trade gets nullified and he becomes a free agent. If the owners are smart they don't give him a new contract for next season.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
elSicomoro

Alright, I just listened to Terrell Owens being interviewed by our NBC affiliate here.

As far as we know right now:

--Owens did not submit his request for free agency in time.
--The 49ers gave the Eagles the right to talk to Owens to work out a deal.
--The 49ers traded Owens to the Ravens.
--Owens says he is going to fight until he can't fight no more b/c "my heart is in Philadelphia."

Look, you dumb motherfucker, your ass has been traded to Baltimore at this point. You were NOT a free agent, you were STILL a San Francisco 49er and the Niners could've traded you to Houston for all they cared. Hell, you got traded for a damned second-round pick, which shows how much value you really had. Apparently, the Eagles were offering James Thrash and a fifth-rounder (in other words, not much). So, let's just make sure that you did NOT make the deadline for filing free agency. If you did make it, then you can go wherever you want. But if you didn't, shut the fuck up and get ready to catch some passes from Anthony Wright come fall.

God, what a big baby...and the Eagles WANTED this?
Old 03-09-2004, 09:38 AM   #10
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Christ Almighty...he's not going to last very long in Charm City if he continues to act like a big crybaby. He's going to have to turn down the 'tude wayyyy down. Shit, even Albert Belle calmed the hell down once he became an Oriole.

And there was no way in hell he'd survive in Philly with that behavior (although I thought the phone and pom pom antics were kinda funny..sorry, I don't see the drama behind that, and I've seen worse).
Attached Images

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:28 AM   #11
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

If Owens came to Philly and ran his mouth one time after a loss, WIP would be burning him in effigy.

Just because the Eagles are so dead at the position, I'll still hope that they get him eventually (despite all logical and legal reasons why he really belongs in Baltimore). That way, they only need to get two more receivers to bump Pinkston down to where he belongs (4th receiver) and send Thrash to special teams.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:01 PM   #12
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

And, as all things eventually come to, my brother's take on the situation:

"The Eagles with someone who could actually catch what McNabb lobs around the field...God forbid."
Old 03-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #13
phillybilly
Belt Conveyor

TO....should be an Eagle....no matter how self-centered he is

With a leader like #5 in the field, I think TO will be under control, oh yeah for the guy who's STILL pissed about the eagles beating the packers.....

Get over it!! 4 and 26......LONG GONE.....since we lost the NCF championship game, 4th & 26 means nothing!! except to packer fans......

Oh well Later!
phillybilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:09 PM   #14
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

"I hired a shit agent, but I shouldn't be responsible for his fuckup! Please let me be an Eagle!"

Dammit Jim, why didn't you get Baltimore to stick to their guns? <sigh>...
Old 03-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #15
elSicomoro

San Francisco: Gets DE Brandon Whiting from the Eagles

Baltimore: Gets its second-round pick back from SF and a fifth round pick from the Eagles

Philadelphia: Gets Terrell Owens

TO better have a good year, or he'll be burned in effigy...maybe even for real.

And while having TO automatically makes the Eagles offense better, the defense is disappearing due to free agency and trades.

Oh well...it was nice to think about the Ravens having a possible passing offense this year.