The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 08-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #511
Griff
still says videotape

I had to bug out from fencing early last night. It was just too hot and humid to go more than two hours. I knew if I stuck around competitiveness would have over-whelmed common sense. On the upside, I figured out the tempo of one guy's pia flick attack and hit him bunches.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #512
Getgo
Coronation Incarnate

My workout today wasn't too extensive. Squeezed the ISO 7X a few times and did 3 sets of curling as many repetitions as I could with a resistance band. Friday I'll go heavier. Should do benching but I always like curling. Might even do chin-ups. Still undecided.
Getgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #513
monster
I hear them call the tide

I've run every day this week. Started with only 7 minutes actual running in a 25 minute walk on Monday. Increased to 12 Tuesday and 16 yesterday and today. My right heel is torn apart from my new shoes, so I stop when the pain gets unpleasant. And I swam a half mile on Monday and Tuesday, mowed the lawn yesterday and plan to be off to the pool in a few minutes for another half mile today. Gained a couple of pounds
Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #514
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i crushed my abs yesterday. 4 planks, leg lift crunches, and kneeling cable crunches. I'm feeling it right now.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #515
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
ugh! a guy farted on jinx and I on the treadmill the other day. rude fucker.
I'm glad Jinx didn't punch him out cuz it was I who farted. I was so tiny next to him you couldn't see me. This is giving too much info but I figured what the heck, I've been here long enough. Confession: I often fart when I jog because I always have so much gas build up overnight. Morning jogs are good for me because then I'll be gas-free all day.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #516
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You get the blood moving and it engages the intestines.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #517
Tulip
Professor

Thank you for the explanation, UT.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #518
monster

Monster the running freak continues...

Ran 21 mins on Fri, swam half a mile thurs and fri, took the weekend off, thought it might be hard to get back into it because this week Hebe does not have 8am golf classes (I had developed a routine of readaing, drinking tea and eating a banana for the first half hour of her class then going fo a half hour run/walk), but I just ran for 25 minutes. I rock
Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #519
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yesterday, I burned 1670 calories at the gym... plus whatever i normally burn. I did 1050 in 65 minutes on the treadmill 8.5 incline at 3.8mph; weights for 30 minutes, and swam freestyle sprints for another 30....(10 trips back and forth in a 25m pool as fast as i can go with little flippers on) then huff and puff until I can breathe enough to go again....

today, the muscles along the sides of my spine, about halfway down my back are sore. Has to be from the swimming.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #520
monster

Awesome.

But...

swimming is better for weight loss if you swim continuously as fast as you can without needing to stop. Also, quit with the fins. If swimming without assistance is too hard (?!) then grab a kickboard and do kick laps. Making the kick easier is doing nothing for you. If you need to make it easier, give the arms and the upper body a rest.

.... for a fit adult a freestyle 50 shoulld take around thirty seconds. ten of them is 5 minutes. you needed 25 minutes rest during that 30 minutes? Srsly? Not criticising, but trying to help. Swimming, I do know stuff about.

Sore halfway down the back? That's the fins, I reckon. When you rotate with the stroke, the fins are going to make your legs resist, causing your body to twist uncomfortably. Your upper torso should be rotating through almost 90 degrees with each stroke, your legs follow. If there is resistance, that's gonna hurt.

Swim aids are for training, not sprinting.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #521
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

it takes me about 16 seconds to swim 25m freestyle as fast as i can go. turn and go back, and i am dying by the time i return. that's with the fins. I have to breathe for like 3 minutes in between. I wanted to swim because all of my cardio has been with my legs, and my pants dont fit anymore but i still have moobs. i have no wind in the pool. I'll keep at it. i'll try without the fins. I just like em, i guess.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #522
monster

Slow down, ditch the fins. of course you like them. It's the McDonalds of the pool. Moobs? Do the breaststroke or fly. Or at least make sure you're body is tight as you swim freestyle and you're getting the correct rotation.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #523
monster

if you want to workout the arms and upper body, use a pull buoy and don't kick at all.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #524
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I did 500 meters all together today of freestyle and 200 of breast/fly. my triceps are cooked.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #525
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Grats on 36 pounds!!

You log at MFP, LJ? Shoot me a friend invite, if you want. Stormieweather is the name there too.