The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-02-2019, 08:42 PM   #76
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hey UG

This country is not the economy, stupid.

It's the people. And the people who are devoted to the ideals that inspire and sustain this country. Look to our motto, "E Pluribus Unum". We are the many; Trump is Unum.

Trump is the alpha and the omega of his universe. He is literally one. He sees everything around him in the context of himself. His narcissism makes him incapable of comprehending, much less serving the public good--even for your touted economy.

He is unfit.

I do not seek to persuade you. I would guide you and teach you by example and instruction, but any gains accrued by you must be earned by you. I can't do it for you.

Right now, you are cold iron and I will not hammer on you.

Last edited by BigV; 08-02-2019 at 08:50 PM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:35 PM   #77
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"This country is not the economy, stupid."

No, but the economy (its essential workings) is a damned good measure of liberty.

That is: does the bulk of my money go where I choose, or where technocrats tell me it should go? Can I choose how to attempt to make a buck, or am I regulated out of choice? Can I transact freely, or am I managed?

#

"It's the people. And the people who are devoted to the ideals that inspire and sustain this country."

Yeah, which ideals? Right now, there's two distinctly opposite ideals grindin' up each other: a broad *libertarianism vs a broad **communitarianism. Both lay claim to bein' foundational and both can't be right.

*the individual is sovereign

**the community is sovereign
Old 08-02-2019, 11:23 PM   #78
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Right now, there's two distinctly opposite ideals grindin' up each other: a broad *libertarianism vs a broad **communitarianism.
How curious that you ignore the only patriotic Americans. The moderates.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #79
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
How curious that you ignore the only patriotic Americans. The moderates.
[Bold mine.]

Not necessarily so: Everything in moderation, including moderates.

According to some, saying "Give me liberty or give me death" qualifies Patrick Henry as an extremist along with the rest of those who took up arms against the British Crown and pledged their lives, their fortune and their sacred honor for a shot at liberty and democracy.

So, one person's extremist can be another person's patriot in a diverse society. Moderates who think that theirs is the only way are unrealistic. Those intolerant of others with ideas that differ from their own, who believe their way is the only right way, are bigots which is truly unpatriotic.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #80
henry quirk

"The moderates."

Frankly: I don't think such creatures exist. You, for example, think of yourself as 'moderate', but you're not (no, you're just like 'me' ['cept you lie to yourself and sit on the wrong end of the spectrum]).
Old 08-03-2019, 04:38 PM   #81
tw

Patriots first learn facts. Then have a conclusion. Extremist know only because a central committee of the communist party orders them to believe the party line.

Moderates make conclusions only after learning facts. Extremists call honest fact sources "fake news". A central committee has ordered them what to believe.

Roger Ailes did that every morning. His people were told in the 8 AM meeting what the party line would be on Fox News for that day. Moderates don't waste time there.

Fox could not even maintain their "Fair and Balanced" slogan. Roger Ailes' agenda told extremist only one viewpoint. Since extremists only want to be told immediately what to preach - ie by 140 character sound bites

Extremists routinely use a tldr expression when something is more than a paragraph. Learning from multiple paragraphs is too hard. Extremists (Nazis, White Supremacists, KKK, Trump supporters) only want to be told what to parrot.

What did Fox News order us to believe? See many henry quirk posts. Parroted (sometimes word for word) from Fox, et al.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #82
monster
I hear them call the tide

I always interpret this thread title as Hot vs The Democratic Frontrunners ....and wonder who is hot but lurking at the back of the field waiting to persuade the electorate with their 6-pack.....

as you were.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:23 PM   #83
henry quirk

"Patriots first learn facts. Then have a conclusion. Extremist know only because a central committee of the communist party orders them to believe the party line. "

Well, that explains why some folks won't stop tryin' to ride the rotted carcass of the 'let's impeach Trump' jackass. It was a surly, uncooperative animal when alive and it's now it just lies there and stinks. The politiburo keeps kickin' at it, sayin' 'wake up!'.

Call *Marie Laveau: mebbe she can reanimate it.

*'course, she's dead too, so...
Old 08-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #84
henry quirk

"who is hot but lurking at the back of the field waiting to persuade the electorate with their 6-pack....."

That was supposed to be Michelle, but she done said 'no how, no way!'.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #85
tw

Quote:
Well, that explains why some folks won't stop tryin' to ride the rotted carcass of the 'let's impeach Trump' jackass.
As if Trump is an honest, ethical, informed, patriotic, or decent man. Since he is not and since his proof of everything is an insult, then he must be a good man - extremist logic. Even explains why he praised and is endorsed by the KKK, White Supremacists, Nazis, and other communist (dictator) types. All examples of extremists who find common ground in Trump promoted hate.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #86
henry quirk

"As if Trump is an honest, ethical, informed, patriotic, or decent man."

He's (probably) not. As I say (have said many times): I don't care. I didn't hire him to be a saint or a role model or to maintain the status que. I hired him to be the spike in the tree, the sugar in the gas tank, the arsenic in the water supply. As long as folks like yourself are kept in near-hysteria, off-kilter by him then he can do whatever deviltry he likes.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:36 AM   #87
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk;1036504I hired [Trump
to be the spike in the tree, the sugar in the gas tank, the arsenic in the water supply.
As an extremist, you only want to wreck shit. Did you also cheer the events in El Paso and Dayton? They also wanted to wreck shit.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:59 AM   #88
henry quirk

"As an extremist, you only want to wreck shit."

Yes, your shit.

#

"Did you also cheer the events in El Paso and Dayton?"

I'm not anti-immigrant (like the Texas shooter) or a fan of Elizabeth Warren (like the Ohio shooter), so: no.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #89
tw

Quote:
Yes, your shit.
Of course. An anti-America, who posts similar to Timothy McVeigh while declaring himself a patriot, would say that. Like McVeigh and a gunman in Gilroy, you only want to wreck shit. Have yet to post anything constructive in this thread.

Emotions of wacko extremists are that easily triggered - also a pun. Do you have a hate list yet? Or will Trump provide you with one?

Eventually Melania and Ivanka both told Trump to stop promoting "Send her back" hate. And so he encourages those chants for a second day. And now denies that both bluntly told him to stop. But then, that is why extremists love him. He also wants to wreck shit. It makes him popular.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #90
henry quirk

"An anti-America, who posts similar to Timothy McVeigh"

Now I want a detailed analysis of McVeigh's writings contrasted with mine. You've made another (false) claim and if you can't back it up with evidence then you are -- again -- shown to be a liar.

#

"while declaring himself a patriot"

Where did i proclaim myself a patriot? Pony it up or you're a liar.

#

"Have yet to post anything constructive in this thread."

Have you? Nope.

#

"Emotions of wacko extremists are that easily triggered - also a pun"

Yes, yours are.

#

"Do you have a hate list yet?"

Don't need one: my memory suffices.

Last edited by henry quirk; 08-07-2019 at 03:51 PM.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote