The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-09-2002, 12:21 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

4/9/2002: Suspect painted in watercolor

Have you seen this man?

An unknown person wandered into a watercoloring class in Sussex England. He sat next to an old lady and chatted with her. When she got up to clean her brushes, he took her handbag. Later, he broke into her house.

So in response, the group did what came naturally: with their memory of him, they helped their teacher paint the guy.

It's a nice approach, but they should have gone with modern acrylics. Watercolors just soften the guy's features and give him a little bit of appeal. His lost eyes and the soft focus of his lips give him an air of regret for what he's done.

Or could the artistic impression add to the description?

Full story (which doesn't have much more on the tale): http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_552975.html
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:23 PM   #2
warch
lurkin old school

Either tutor Jane is challenged by noses, or our perp has undergone recent rhinoplasty. Note swelling and bruising. I feel the strongest clue may lie in his bold fashion sense.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:54 PM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

Maybe "Tutor Jane" did a fantasy piece mashin his nose across his face. They shoulda taken a pen and ink class.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 12:06 AM   #4
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

i am excellent at drawing noses. with pen. and charcoal. and pencil. and crayon. ahem.

ew, i watched something on tv today about people getting plastic surgery, and it actually SHOWED the doctors performing rhinoplasty. disgusting. something i would NEVER ever get done. absolutely disgusting. the thought of plastic surgery, to me, is disgusting anyway.

sorry for going off topic.
jeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:21 AM   #5
unreal-
Lead Subordinate

plastic surgery..ewww
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:21 AM   #6
BryanD
Rouser of rabble

and I didn't even know plastic could get sick, much less require surgery...
BryanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 09:45 AM   #7
Torrere
a real smartass

*me gives Bryan a wierd look

you know that isn't really all that funny? plastic surgery is too much a part of the culture on TV for me to believe people claiming ignorance.

[Edit: yeah. it is funnier on second glance. i'm not posting another comment for a while, because I think the title I have here - Infamous Defamer - is appropriate =) ]

Last edited by Torrere; 04-10-2002 at 01:30 PM.
Torrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 09:59 AM   #8
dave

He tried. Gotta give him props for that.
Old 04-10-2002, 02:10 PM   #9
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

it was absolutely disgusting. the girl, who already looked damned near perfect, wanted "this little bump shaved off my nose". they actually STUCK SOMETHING UP HER NOSE, presumably a chisel or something similar, then took a hammer looking thing and hit the end of it. DISGUSTING. i would NEVER trust ANYONE to do that. gross. absolutely sickening. ew.
jeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 04:52 PM   #10
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Aw hell, that's nothin'. Some people actually let a little human fetus grow inside their bodies, for like months and months on end. And then they take the thing out, and... aw hell, I'm not even gonna tell you how it comes out, that's the grossest, sickest thing you've ever heard of.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:54 PM   #11
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Aw hell, that's nothin'. Some people actually let a little human fetus grow inside their bodies, for like months and months on end. And then they take the thing out, and... aw hell, I'm not even gonna tell you how it comes out, that's the grossest, sickest thing you've ever heard of.
If you don't pay for TV while at Temple Hospital, you're left with like 3 default channels. One of them is the baby channel, where they show women leading up to the birth of their children. Then they show the kids popping out, a la "The Miracle of Life." TMOL was much messier though.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 01:08 PM   #12
russotto
Professor

I suppose posting a colonoscopy video would be way out of line...
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 02:40 PM   #13
warch
lurkin old school

Quote:
I suppose posting a colonoscopy video would be way out of line...
The Peacehaven Civic Center watercolor class would welcome any information that could lead to this man's timely capture.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote