The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #16
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Wss^
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

No more drinking.

That does not honor your friend. It is self destructive, and you wouldn't like your loved ones to do that, would you?

Don't double the tragedy. Hate on me if you wish. Stop drinking.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #18
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The drinking and valium are giving you no relief yet because they're not going to do that at all. You know they will, in fact, make the suffering worse and last longer. You are punishing yourself with the booze, not looking for relief with the booze. You don't deserve punishment. You are loved, and you deserve love.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I knew she was a terrier; I deserve nothing.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #20
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Immma gonna takeapp ,my vapiou, and drink
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I don't car - I ;pfe ot

—James Barrie

Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #22
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Don't beat yourself up because Autumn's instincts took over. She loved you for all these years; you deserved every ounce of that love for all the caring you showed her in return.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #23
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

PLEASE STOP DRINKING!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #24
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You owe your late dog to feel every moment of grief to its fullest. You shouldn't steamroll over your feelings. They are worthwhile, and a part of life.

Without the down, there is no up.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, I’ll bite. You loved Autumn and it’s all your fault.
Then don’t you think you owe her more than getting fucked up so you can forget about her. That’s what you’re doing, not punishing yourself, just dishonoring her.

So straightened the fuck out and do something in her memory. Volunteer at a shelter, do something good for the community, stop being selfish.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #26
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Pay no attention to the poster above, he is bitter scorned. You have the right to deal with this any way you want to pensive Trilby.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #27
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Take care of yourself. Hurting yourself won't fix anything.

Dogs live shorter lives than humans so it is almost inevitable that they will die before we do. Grieving is healthy, but hurting yourself doing it isn't.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #28
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
... Dogs live shorter lives than humans so it is almost inevitable that they will die before we do ...
Dogs and landlords: if people aren't killing one, they're killing the other.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #29
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Y'know I've had dogs pretty much my whole life. Barring a short spell as a kid and another spell in my 20s I've been around dogs.

In that time, and across several dogs I have experienced so many close shaves. The times one of them has got out and got into the road or seen a rabbit on the walk and vanished into the distance after it.

One time, as we were coming back from the woods, as the path brought us out onto the lane, Pilau saw a landrover and he was off. In an instant he was off, chasing and trying to herd it. By pure luck, that car was already slowed because they were looking for a particular house that they were visiting. But it clipped him and he was very fortunate not to be seriously injured.

Or the time he ran off after a rabbit and went over a cliff edge. Again, very lucky to survive without serious and immediate injury.

Carrot has gone flying into the road on several occasions: lke when I opened the door to take a parcel deliveryand he ran sytraight out, pastt he guy and through the open gate into the lane. Mere seconds after I got him back in a boy racer in a souped up hatchback zoomed past the gate at about twice the speed limit.

They were close shaves. Every single one of them was, in theory, entirely preventable. But nobody is 100%. Nobody. Not even the best and most experienced dog owners (like my mum for instance) are 100%. Just not possible.

If that incident with Carrot in the lane had gone badly wrong, and I'd had to come in here and make that post: what would you say to me? You'd tell me it wasn't my fault, and that I hadn't let him down. And you'd be right. No matter how much the guilt settled onto me, you'd be right.

Autumn was your girl. And she would be appalled to see you suffer so.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #30
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I miss her so. I just went to the bathroom and she always came with me to guard me from the underwear gnomes...

...thank you, everyone for your kind words and wisdom.

i'lll be in my bed for the next few days.

I loved you Autumn.

—James Barrie