The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 03-04-2003, 09:14 AM   #31
Spinzgirl
Questionist

Thanks guys. I guess I should refrain from posting when I'm PMSing seeing as how I won't be able to control my emotions (raises sarcasm hand). I really wasn't looking for special treatment from anyone, I just was taken off guard by what seemed a personal attack with no provocation.

Funny thing is, I grew up very conservative and a strict fundamentalist. For a time I believed that if people didn't believe what I did they should, well, go to hell. But I moved away from that area and eventually learned that just because someone feels differently from how I do that doesn't mean they should suffer. However, I would like to live in a world where fighting was minimal and Fox quit showing reality series. Still I know that's not likely to happen, so I use boards like this to vent my frustrations and hope for the best. If you don't agree with me, fine, but don't make assumptions on me based on a few posts.

Oh, and I'm happily married myself and appreciate not being objectified. There really is a brain in my head, I will listen to all sides of the argument. Heck, if I swung so far left from being so far to the right then I can't be THAT hard-headed.

Thanks again for the welcome.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:29 PM   #32
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
The older I become, the more I hate people as a whole.
And it will get worse my friend...until you get senile. That's what I'm waiting for now.

(Actually, I don't think that I hate people...rather, I hate stupidity. Yeah, that sounds better.)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 09:43 PM   #33
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

I don't think that I hate people...rather, I hate stupidity. Yeah, that sounds better.)
I would tend to agree with you on this one. But in my case, I just need to ask....why does stupidity seem to have me on speed dial?

Dagney...

Who is wondering why she likes Tech Support :\

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 09:59 PM   #34
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagney
I would tend to agree with you on this one. But in my case, I just need to ask....why does stupidity seem to have me on speed dial?
Look hard...like myself, you might find that you have "GULLIBLE" etched ever so small into your forehead.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:10 AM   #35
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

Look hard...like myself, you might find that you have "GULLIBLE" etched ever so small into your forehead.
Actually, I don't think that it's the "GULLIBLE" tattoo....(i'm thinking of having it covered up into something tribal, a la Mike Tyson)

I am chained to a tech support desk. (I refuse to call it work, it's more along the lines of torture I get paid for but don't enjoy - and well...the pay kinda leaves much to be desired).

There's an interesting equation out there somewhere, with the variables of

Inability to read manual, refusal to think things through, and the ability to dial a phone number.....

And it ends up with a value equal my phone number

Dagney

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote