The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #166
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfalicious View Post
Maybe the Philippinos have it right????
Cause Filipinos just want to dance!
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #167
smurfalicious
Tool. Not the band - you are one.

4th teen charged in attack at Dunbar

Quote:
Friday, August 17, 2007

WEST PALM BEACH — A fourth suspect was charged Thursday in connection with the Dunbar Village rape - a brutal attack that shattered the nerves of local residents and gained national attention.

A grand jury indicted Tommy L. Poindexter, 18, on charges of armed sexual battery by multiple perpetrators, burglary with assault or battery, and kidnapping. Prosecutors said they linked him to the crime through DNA evidence.

Poindexter has denied any involvement in the June 18 gang rape of a 35-year-old woman and assault of her 12-year-old son. His last address given to police was in Riviera Beach, but investigators aren't sure if he had a permanent home, West Palm Beach police spokesman Peter Robbins said.

The charges came eight days after Poindexter was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Tactical Unit for several outstanding felony warrants not related to the Dunbar case.

So far, Poindexter is the oldest defendant charged in the case.

Investigators said up to 10 young men raped the woman, assaulted her son and forced the mother and son to have sex with each other in their home. The attackers then poured cleaning agents on both and stole the woman's car and cellphone, forcing her to walk a mile to Good Samaritan Medical Center, authorities said.

Avion Lawson, 14, Nathan Walker, 16, and Jakaris Taylor, 15, were indicted July 18 on the same charges as Poindexter. All will be tried as adults. Each of the sexual battery counts carries a life sentence.

It is unclear how Poindexter knew the other defendants.

The tactical unit arrested Poindexter on Aug. 8 after he ran from officers in the 600 block of 36th Street in Lake Park, according to a sheriff's report. The unit had been requested to help find Poindexter because investigators wanted to question him about the Dunbar case.

Poindexter, authorities said, had six small bags of marijuana in a pants pocket and was charged with possession with intent to sell. Shortly after his arrest, West Palm Beach police took over the case and served a warrant to collect his DNA, the sheriff's report said.

Police have found DNA and fingerprints at the crime scene, Robbins said.

Poindexter has been in trouble with the law since he was 14, records show. He has been arrested five times for charges including violation of probation, vehicle theft and burglary.

A man who answered the phone at a West Palm Beach address listed under the name of Poindexter's father identified himself as the family attorney. He said the family was aware of the charges.

Since the attack, life has changed at the barren public housing complex built in 1940.

The woman and her son have moved. Housing authority executives are considering remaking the barracks-style complex, which was rejected for federal grant money in 2004. Armed security guards now patrol the area.

Police are searching for more suspects, Robbins said: "We still have a lot of arrests we're hoping to make."

smurfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #168
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Another one bights the dust!! Hoooo-waaaa!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #169
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
The charges came eight days after Poindexter was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Tactical Unit for several outstanding felony warrants not related to the Dunbar case.

~snip~

Poindexter, authorities said, had six small bags of marijuana in a pants pocket and was charged with possession with intent to sell. Shortly after his arrest, West Palm Beach police took over the case and served a warrant to collect his DNA, the sheriff's report said.
I read this as the "several outstanding felony warrants" aren't related to the drugs when they busted him either.
So when this horrendous crime took place, at least one of the playas shouldn't have even been on the street.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #170
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I read this as the "several outstanding felony warrants" aren't related to the drugs when they busted him either.
So when this horrendous crime took place, at least one of the playas shouldn't have even been on the street.
?? What are you talking about??
Old 08-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #171
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Old 08-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #172
smurfalicious

Bruce:

Charges:

Booking Date: 04/04/2007
843.15-3163 FAILURE TO APPEAR-FOR MISDEMEANOR OFFENSE; ARR ON 9/13/06
  • 1. NO/IMPROPER DL/EXP MORE THAN 4 MOS
  • 2. RAN STOP SIGN

Booking Date: 08/08/2007

812.014-4088 LARC-THEFT IS 300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN 5000 DOLS - GRAND THEFT (FIREARM)/ BOND: 10,000
812.014-4088 LARC-THEFT IS 300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN 5000 DOLS - GRAND THEFT (FIREARM)/ BOND: 10,000

843.15-3163 FAILURE TO APPEAR-FOR MISDEMEANOR OFFENSE; FTA-ARR: CT1) NO/IMPROPER D/L EXP MORE THAN 4 MOS (ALIAS)

843.15-3163 FAILURE TO APPEAR-FOR MISDEMEANOR OFFENSE; FTA-ARR: CT1) NO DL-NEVER HAD ONE ISSUED/ JUDGE PEREZ

843.02-3143 RESIST OFFICER-OBSTRUCT WO VIOLENCE

893.13-3448 MARIJUANA-POSSESS-WITH INTENT TO SELL MFG OR DELIVER SCHEDULE I
893.13-3696 MARIJUANA-POSSESS-NOT MORE THAN 20 GRAMS

The below charges are all from the assault/rape:

810.02-2762 BURGL-WITH ASSAULT OR BATTERY
787.01-2598 KIDNAP-
787.02-2605 KIDNAP-FALSE IMPRISONMENT-CHILD UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
794.023-2704 SEX ASSLT-SEXUAL BATTERY 1ST DEG FEL MULTI PERPETRATORS
800.04-4008 SEX OFFENSE-PROMOTE SEXUAL ACTIVITY OF VIC LESS THAN16 YOA
812.014-2792 VEH THEFT-GRAND 3RD DEGREE
810.061-5539 BURGL-IMPAIR DWELLING PHONE POWER FURTHER BURGLARY

And I would LOVE to see the juvy record on this piece of shit. I guarantee you it's more of the same.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #173
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

So they were not picking him up on several outstanding felony warrants?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #174
smurfalicious

I do believe grand theft and resisting are felonies
Quote:
843.02-3143 RESIST OFFICER-OBSTRUCT WO VIOLENCE

Old 08-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #175
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The resisting was when they picked him up and he had posted bond in the two Grand Theft cases. Maybe the failure to appear for the misdemeanor cancels the bonds on the felonies? Or the reporter got the facts mixed up.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #176
smurfalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Maybe the failure to appear for the misdemeanor cancels the bonds on the felonies?
i think you may be right on with that.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:22 AM   #177
smurfalicious

Untold details of horror unfold in new report on Dunbar attack

Quote:
At the end of the assault, the attackers put the woman in the bathtub, pouring vinegar and water over her, forcing the solution inside her. They poured hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, nail polish remover and ammonia on her, according to the report. They placed foreign objects, including soap, inside her...

Finally, the report says, the assailants looked for a lighter - to set the mother and son on fire.

They didn't find one.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #178
rennison
Kinda New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Appalling crime. On whether they should be tried as juveniles: if they are juveniles, then they should be tried as juveniles, regardless of the nature of their crime. That they committed a horrific crime does not in any way change their age and likely level of mental/emotional development.
I do not agree with that............... The crime they commited was in no way juvenile and they were clearly mentally developed enough to pour ammonia over the victim in an attempt to cover their tracks............. Clearly some thought went into this crime
rennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #179
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennison View Post
I do not agree with that............... The crime they commited was in no way juvenile and they were clearly mentally developed enough to pour ammonia over the victim in an attempt to cover their tracks............. Clearly some thought went into this crime
Hi and thanks Rennison.....but I think this has been covered in this thread about 15 times.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #180
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Welcome to the Cellar rennison.

Yes, some thought went into why they did some of the things they did. But I don't think that part was preplanned. I suspect the sick bastards were making it up as they went along.