The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #2956
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

BTW... just talked to AHS... the new contractor is "working me in and will be here as soon as they can" I reminded him that I have yet to bath and my kids and I are still in our nighties. The sooner the better please... I have other things that I need to do today outside the house...

Why is it that contractors/ businesses feel it is acceptable to make us wait around on them all day??? Take the cable or phone companies for example... 8am to 8 pm is not a timeframe. Thats the whole day.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #2957
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

Have you seen the theory that it was Nicole Brown Simpson's Akita that killed her and Ron Goldman? Weirds. Not that the dog couldn't kill a person, but that it would wear gloves to do so.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #2958
lookout123
changed his status to single

glove wearing dogs upset you?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #2959
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Dogs shouldnt be allowed to wear gloves. It cheapens all the legitimate and faithful glove wearers, all over world. Who do glove-wearing dogs hurt? Everyone.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #2960
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Sorry, Akitas turning vicious? What's next, killer poodles?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #2961
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
BTW... just talked to AHS... the new contractor is "working me in and will be here as soon as they can" I reminded him that I have yet to bath and my kids and I are still in our nighties. .
Did you stress just how sheer your nightie was? and lacy? And low cut?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #2962
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
All warranties are a scam. Rule #1 never bet against the house because the house always wins.

All that money you pay monthly could be going towards new appliances. When the 55 year old stove craps out and they have to replace it will it be replaced with a $100. Roper or a $5500 Vulcan?
3-year warranties on steam vacs are the business. One payment of $40, the $300 vac always fail at about 2.5 years, they give you a new one and sell you another $40 warranty for another 3 years. So we've paid $$420 for an excellent steam cleaner that's lasted 7 years and is still as good as new and has another two years in it with no extra cost....

I feel sure that one day they will cotton on that steam vacs are not as simple as vaccuuum cleaners and break down far more often... but until then
Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #2963
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
"Look, all my clothes are dirty so I'm running around naked. I'd get my husband to do it, but he's away in Tierra del Fuego for another month on business. I really need to be taken care of right away..."

Or something like that.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #2964
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Pardon me while I go puke again.
Sorry Look, I just saw this. Exercise, meditation, and progressive muscle relaxation. This site has a couple tools which are good for tracking and coping with stress. Good luck man. Breathe.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #2965
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Maybe we need a new thread for this, but in light of Elspode's situation and lookout's and the rest of us, should we be comparing notes about "What the hell is your game plan for when the really big shit hits the fan?" This is only the fumes of the shit that is coming.

In another thread Ali mentions people growing their own veggies. How many pounds of potatoes to pay your property taxes and mortgage?

All around me people are being laid off, I wonder what they are all going to do since around here people live pretty lean to start with.

Someone sent me this http://www.thepowerhour.com/news/ite...ppearfirst.htm
How soon will we be in this situation or will we?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #2966
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Think of all the people you did help, LO. The majority of clients that took some or all of your sound advice, and are consequently much better off than they would have been.
You can't save people from themselves.
Excellent, excellent advice Pie.

From what I know of you around the Cellar, you are a genuine guy who honestly just wants the best for people.

You did your best to inform them, don't second guess yourself. "I could have, I should have..." will only get you more sick. It sucks royally to be the bearer of bad news, but at some point you have to remind yourself that they are ultimately responsible for their own actions. You aren't a bad person for letting it go. In fact, it's imperative you do let it go. Easier said than done I know.

I hope that there is little collateral damage if they do badmouth you. Hopefully anyone they whine to will either a) already know they are an idiot and be impressed that you gave them good advice (that they didn't take) and will look you up. or b) just be another idiot who also wouldn't listen to your advice, who now you don't have to worry about dealing with.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #2967
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

No calls from my headhunters this week. Unemployment skyrocketing. Maybe I am well and truly fucked after all?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #2968
lookout123
changed his status to single

As a former IT headhunter I'd advise you to be very very proactive even if you feel like you might be irritating them. Be in regular contact with the headhunters. Right now they have a lot of resumes sitting on their desk with nothing but the name and most recent job description showing.

In all honesty they are probably spending most of their time right now calling companies begging for orders to fill. The last time this happened a lot of companies started doing their own recruiting and hiring again to avoid the fees. Headhunter fees are only worthwhile if there is more demand than supply.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #2969
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

[by proxy] I am Otto, and I am bored!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #2970
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
No calls from my headhunters this week. Unemployment skyrocketing. Maybe I am well and truly fucked after all?
Nobody hires in December. You'll find something in first quarter.

Tags
swiss