The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 11-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #1
Snow Flake
Romantic Necromancer

Guy gifts...

So my boyfriend of 8 months Birthday is in January, and I have no clue what to get him. He's so hard to shop for, the only thing I can think of is a video game, some type of RPG or something, but even then, I'm not sure what to get him, and what he would play and what he already has. Any ideas?
Snow Flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Guys are actually really easy to buy for. He's probably into some kind of hardware - cars, computers, carpentry, golf, etc. You just have to know what he's interested in and what he hasn't already got.

As for computer games, look on his shelf to see what he'd already got, then list them here for clues from our local "experts" or take the list to a good software store. If you're certain he likes RPG games try metacritic to find out what's good.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
Snow Flake
Romantic Necromancer

He's really into cars, but other then that... he's not really the tipical guy, ya know?
He don't really know anything about tools or building stuff. But he loves RPG's, I don't get what teh big deal is, but what ever.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Does he have a fine car? If so, you can buy him some accessory for it. Go into the service department of a local dealer for that car. There will be some stuff there. You can also find stuff online.

If he doesn't have a fine car, but you know what he'd really like to have, you can get something that has to do with that. For instance you could get him the BMW leather jacket or the mercedes baseball cap.

Going in a totally different direction, you could make him a special dinner. Or pick something else you like to do together.

The very best gift shows that you really like the person and the you know them well enough to choose something they would like.

My wife's favorite gifts are the ones I give all year long. I do some obnoxious chore that she hates. It keeps that looooove powerful

Last edited by dar512; 11-21-2005 at 08:02 PM.
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:27 PM   #5
Snow Flake
Romantic Necromancer

He has 2 cars, a 2001 Prelude, (that's his baby), and an MR2 that he's working on fixing up. Now I love doing little cute thing's, like sending him random e-mail or e-cards, and I go out and buy him cards and write him little love letters, but he's really not into the cute kind of stuff, and thats why I find it hard to shop for him. When it comes to him, I'm just so clueless. As for diner, I know thats something he would like... but I'm afraid I would kill him. Everytime I cook, I almost burn down the house.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:02 PM   #6
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Can't go wrong with a knife.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #7
seakdivers
Icy Queen

Or a lighter.

My husband doesn't smoke, but he can't get enough of the stupid novelty lighters.

he loves knives too....... I've seen him use them to open packages & whatnot now & then...
He actually bought me a gutting/skinning knife as a gift way back when, and he basically told me that he really didn't want to see me use it, but that he hoped I liked it.
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #8
ashke
Don't look at me!

He bought it because he thought it was cool? I think I'm guilty of that too ^^;;; But not with knives...
ashke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 AM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'd totally groove on a knife as a gift.

Just so long as it was a decent knife.

Video games, tools and sporting equipment are all good ideas ...

Does he have a favorite sports team, and can you score him tickets for a game?

Important question ... what is your price range?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #10
Snow Flake
Romantic Necromancer

No, he's not into sposts.
And a for price, no more then $100.00.
I'm going to New York next week, I'm hoping they will have some more impressive stuff then gay 'ol Maryland.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 PM   #11
Griff
still says videotape

I'm always happy to see fine tools, scotch, or bike gear. How about a nice goat?
Old 11-23-2005, 01:21 PM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

New York has the same shit they have in Maryland, but it will cost up to twice as much.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #13
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Buy a really nice lingerie outfit, and wear it for him. The rest of the gift will take care of itself.

Failing that, there are some very nice, very compact modern LED flashlights on the market today that most any man would love to have. Pocket watches can be inexpensive yet very nice, and they are certainly a keepsake item. Also good are leather driving gloves or gift certificates for multiple car washes or a single detail cleanup of his Prelude. Players of RPGs also are often keen on figurines representing characters from their series (Everquest, World of Warcraft and other figures can be found online).
Old 11-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #14
warch
lurkin old school

Booze. always a hit.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #15
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

If he likes cars get him one of those track days where you have the opportunity to knock s**t out of some muscle cars. My son bought me one a couple of year's back - magic!