The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-13-2004, 09:26 AM   #1
aerion_13
tennis enthusiast

SPAIN - THANK YOU

Over 8 million people took to the streets in Madrid yesterday. That figure boggles the mind.
Spain stood with us throughout the Iraq war and we should show support for them now. If anyone would like to send a card to the Spanish Embassy here is the address.

Embassy of Spain
2375 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20037
aerion_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Re: SPAIN - THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by aerion_13
Spain stood with us throughout the Iraq war and we should show support for them now. If anyone would like to send a card to the Spanish Embassy here is the address.

Embassy of Spain
2375 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20037
Great. I'll send them a "fuck you" card for "standing with us".

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:02 PM   #3
blue
Operations Operative

This post is re-edited because I guess I don't get it yet. Trying to see some humour in the 2 posts above and below this one. And not finding any.

Last edited by blue; 03-13-2004 at 04:15 PM.
blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:02 PM   #4
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Ahahahaha!

Goddamn, that was fucking twisted...and funny.

You might want this one, too:

British Embassy
3100 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008

Last edited by elSicomoro; 03-13-2004 at 04:06 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:15 PM   #5
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58
Nice quzah, are you an asshole in real life?
So if I was happy that we were killing people in other countries, that would make me less of an asshole? Gotcha.

Another thing, this isn't "real life"? So my time here makes me "not real"? You have a fucked up thought process if that's what you believe.

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:20 PM   #6
blue
Operations Operative

OK quzah, I changed my post before you answered. I guess it just didn't seem real appropriate saying you were going to send a fuck you letter to a country that just experienced a pretty horrible attack.

You know what, fuck it...if thats your thing, you are an asshole. Good for you.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #7
blue
Operations Operative

And you too Syc, I'm in a fuck you kind of mood.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

Oh oh do me too! quzah went way over the top there, but the fact stands, the Spanish government went against the will of "their" (I don't really buy the government over people concept)people and this atrocity is a direct result.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:31 PM   #9
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Now now...we don't know what happened in Spain just yet.

As far as blue's comment...whatever, though I'm flattered that you used your 200th post to insult me.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:32 PM   #10
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

fuck everybody
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:33 PM   #11
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
the Spanish government went against the will of "their" (I don't really buy the government over people concept)people and this atrocity is a direct result.
So this makes it OK then? Does it Griff? I'm really pissed off right now.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:36 PM   #12
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Now now...we don't know what happened in Spain just yet.

As far as blue's comment...whatever, though I'm flattered that you used your 200th post to insult me.
Yeah, yeah you bastard ;-) Another reason to be pissed at you, your CD better rock, be prepared for a scathing review, and a lost in the mail situation...that is unless it really does rock.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #13
Griff
still says videotape

It doesn't make the bombing ok, only quzah's response to it. The bombing was, however, a predictable response, since the nut jobs needed our poorly focused response (Iraq) and escalation (wider mid-east war to come) to consolidate their base. This all assumes that it's Islamic not nationalist Basque extremists.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:18 PM   #14
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Over 8 million people took to the streets in Madrid yesterday. That figure boggles the mind.

Actually, I'm kind of wondering what we're thanking them for. What would the note read?

"Thank you for being bombed?"
"Thank you for having a terrorist attack so that we can be edgy and fearful again?"

How about sending "I'm sorry for your loss", instead? Standing behind us in a war and standing beside us after the September 11th attacks are two very different things.

And for that matter, I'd like to actually understand where people in the US are coming from on this: do you actually, honestly and truly feel sad for what happened over there? Does it honestly affect you that much? Everytime you see a flamed-out shell of an Isreali bus on the news, do you send a card and stand out in the street for them? I don't want to seem cold (and I know I probably do), but I really want to know if this affects people that much or if it is really just a put on. I'm so desensitized to this, thanks to 24-hour news, that I really don't feel much of anything from it except another, "Aw, shit, not again."
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 05:27 PM   #15
blue
Operations Operative

Yes I do honestly feel bad when something like this happens. These are people on a fucking bus ride (Israel) or on a train to somewhere (Spain), it's not like Spain's army just got an ass whooping.

It's you and me Kitsune, just average folks on there way to some ordinary thing...blown into just parts, for NOTHING.