The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

May 25, 2007: Growing panda cub

Skysidhe sends along this page from the WWF of a panda cub evolution. It's irresistible! I've chosen 5 out of their 18 shots that go from newborn to three months.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Yeeesssssss.

THIS is what Fridays are all about, baby. That last one broke my cuteometer.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
manu
Writer of Writings

Talking

cute indeed, but it seems that it also has nasty claws
manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Cute. ...until it scares the hell out of mom.

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
monster
I hear them call the tide

I don't do cute, but aaaaaaw.

First one to post a recipe is in trouble. Unless it's for bamboo shoot puree for the ickle panda.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #6
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

So cute! What's the age of consent for pandas?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

18, of course. In Panda years. You do the math.

Cutest. thing. ever.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #8
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

OMG Kitsune, I watched that 3 times in a row, and laughed harder each time!! Thanks!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
lizzymahoney
Major Inhabitant

What a lovely baby! Good thing she only has one baby at a time. Else how would she tell them apart. (yeah, smell, I know...)

I imagine the claws come in handy for eating all that bamboo.
lizzymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Colbert says they're Godless Killing Machines. In this case, a Cute Godless Killing Machine.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

I liked this comment on the WWF site:

Quote:
Sironimus Pratt wrote @ May 18th, 2007 at 4:48 pm We must protect these beautiful creatures for future generations. They are too valuable.
In all my travels I have never seen an animal so useful to the human race. In 1983 I traveled in to Xianxiang, China as part of a class on industrial development in China. I loved it so much that I petitioned for a work Visa, so that I could roam the countryside performing odd jobs and meeting the locals. My greatest joys came when I was connected with a Northern China man that guarded the habitat of the Panda from environmentally unconscious poachers. After a 7 month internship the man revealed that the brutal and senseless sport killings had dropped dramatically in previous years, and that the organization actually had more cub projects than it could afford to take care of. I propositioned that perhaps if I would donate a sum equivalent to about $2300 US dollars, I would be allowed to take a Panda for myself. I was overwhelmed. I would be the first white man allowed to hunt the great Panda in over 6 years. I set to my task and eventually found a gargantuan girl lallygagging about in a tree. I had carried along my 30-06 purchased for $30 in Zhengzhou that I had previously trued. Don’t worry I have top notch workmanship skills and killed the beast in a very humane fashion. She was dead before she hit the ground. I perfect heart shot. To my dismay I realized she had a cub. After returning with the good news of the hunt and the bad news of the cub, I donated the scrapper to Mr. Cho’s care center. I had to honor his mother so I gutted her and shared the meat with a nearby village. The flavor was the most exquisite meat I’d ever tasted. It melted on the pallet like fine sushi or Kobe beef might. The locals all took pieces of the bones as in China this is considered good luck. In order to thank me for the gift I’d bestowed on their land an elderly woman fashioned the skin in to tunic of sorts. I still have this today although I must confess I don’t really wear it as the head is intact and looks like a rather barbaric warrior costume not to mention its weight. Occasionally I I will don it at a dinner function, and a good time is had by most. We must be environmentally conscious if we are to preserve this magnificent beast. We must offset what we kill, and use the entire carcass if this animal is to survive.
Fortunately the modern hunter is also the greatest environmentalist. Things are looking up or my friend THE PANDA BEAR.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.

Last edited by HungLikeJesus; 05-25-2007 at 12:21 PM.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #12
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I don't know, it's like god said to himself (on whatever day he was making critters) "self, what can I do to make the most cute animal ever. What characteristics should it have? Cute face? Check. Plump, fuzzy body? Check. Eyeliner? Check. I think I will call it "panda."
Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #13
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Cute face? Check. Plump, fuzzy body? Check. Eyeliner? Check. I think I will call it "panda."
Yeah, but that also sounds like me on a good day.

In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #14
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

HLJ that really made me laugh. Even better, one of the posters referred to pandas not being imbread [sic]. Now that really made me laugh
Old 05-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #15
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'll bet you taste as good, too.