The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 03-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Who, John Wayne?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Spud, bud, howdy! You've been quiet lately. How are things going?
Being away to keep from getting disappointed by Cellarites. Seems that when I spoke the truth here, some uberliberals wanted to squash my right to speak, so I just decided to let them have the site. It was fun for a while, and it takes a lot to offend me, but they finally wore me down. The web is a gigantic media, so I've found nicer places. Still look at the pod occasionally, but usually keep signed off.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There are a couple non-uberliberals here, you know ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #19
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
I spoke the truth here, some uberliberals wanted to squash my right to speak, so I just decided to let them have the site.
I have no idea what incident you are talking about, but what's more likely is that you said something you couldn't defend well and when somebody called you on it, you saw you were losing the argument, so you ran away.

A open minded person would take that opportunity to reexamine their beliefs and either learn something new or else realize that they were right all along and be able to clearly articulate why they are right. Nobody knows it all. There's no shame in being wrong, as long as you are willing to learn from it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
Being away to keep from getting disappointed by Cellarites. Seems that when I spoke the truth here, some uberliberals wanted to squash my right to speak, so I just decided to let them have the site. It was fun for a while, and it takes a lot to offend me, but they finally wore me down. The web is a gigantic media, so I've found nicer places. Still look at the pod occasionally, but usually keep signed off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I have no idea what incident you are talking about, but what's more likely is that you said something you couldn't defend well and when somebody called you on it, you saw you were losing the argument, so you ran away.

A open minded person would take that opportunity to reexamine their beliefs and either learn something new or else realize that they were right all along and be able to clearly articulate why they are right. Nobody knows it all. There's no shame in being wrong, as long as you are willing to learn from it.
Well, the last thread he participated in (besides this one) is http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6314http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6314. It's an OLD thread circa 2004, but it seems I had resurrected it (perhaps a poor choice of words) in June of 2011. The conversation eventually turned to evolution, creationism, scientific method, etc and then, quiet.

I see zero evidence of any effort to "squash his right to speak", though he would likely find the conversation as disappointing now as he did then.

spudcon, come on back. I'd love to read what you have to say.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #21
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Heya Spud!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #22
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Yeah, and if all the super heroes were jumping off of bridges would you do that too?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #23
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Guffaw!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote