The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 07-12-2014, 04:29 AM   #166
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

And then they abandoned me somewhere in Leeds, with only sketchy directions of how to get home.
I was counted well enough to be discharged, and ambulatory, so I did not warrant tranport home.
I followed the signs into the City Centre rather than pay for a bus, and came to Leeds Bus and Coach station. Which meant I could get the X84 express home for the first time ever. So now I know which streets it goes down and where to catch it (mostly).

Right, time to phone the animal place and see if they will release Diz...
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #167
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
No, I'm home for good (I hope) although I have to go back for an Outpatient stay which may involve an overnighter.
Hooray!
Quote:
So weird not to have him about, I'm so used to being careful when and where I move/ put things down/ eat.
From waiting on paw and paw...
Quote:
So, back to food. Little else to take photos of at that point after all.
Triple breakfast.
... to waited on hand and foot.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #168
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Now I'm hungry.

Please, more about your cat's status: ????
Old 07-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #169
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

ps, glad you're well (enough).
Old 07-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #170
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Here.
Although Dani reassures me he can't just be taken away without warning.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:39 AM   #171
Griff
still says videotape

Glad you're home!
Old 07-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #172
glatt

Sundae, I'm glad you're out.

Be a good girl and eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #173
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Not specifically liver related. although let's say it's in the same family tree.

I didn't really say what my appointment was for. I still won't, specifically, but dental health might rhyme a little.

It looks like the NHS can save my life. Yay!
But I will definitely lose my flat, probably my job, possibly my cat and likely the love and respect of my parents.
The team I saw today want me to commit to a five day regimen of intensive care in a secure unit, then 14 weeks residential care. Help, for example housing association accommodation, benefits and social care will be available on my release.

I may be able to get some sort of unpaid sabbatical from work. But I'm guessing I'd have to be honest about my whole, I mean whole and total history. And if you know me you know what I mean.

I have at least this week to think things through. They have not imposed a deadline, but I meet with Social Care next Tuesday. If I decide to set things in motion at work I have no idea how long it would take for the people I saw today to find me a placement, let alone how long I'd have to pack things up here to put in storage.

I feel like I've let everyone down, from Limey, Dani, Carr and all the other who helped, wished me luck and sent me a moving-in present, to Mum & Dad who have helped already with the bills. I want to believe I can in fact recover in bite-sized chunks and continue in a job I do enjoy.
I'm not coping at the moment. Not at all.
But I'm not on the On Risk Register, so I can't be that bad. Maybe just a change of meds and rub some dirt on it?

Anyway. I am confused and conflicted. Am going to post some jolly photos of Leeds in the West Yorkshire thread. They are written by the same person, I just have the unfortunate habit of trying to lock things in boxes in my mind. Until they go rotten and start seeping out.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #174
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ok first things first: this is not a matter of letting anybody down. Health problems, of that kind, are as valid as any other - and the not coping is a symptom of that. If you came down with shingles would you feel you were letting us down?

Secondly - you can give your workplace edited highlights - there is no need to give the whole kit and kaboodle. Being clinically depressed (for example) is a recognised illness and ongoing condition and as long as you gave plenty of notice and explained that this was necessary for your health I doubt they'd feel very comfortable firing you.

It's definitely worth considering. The big question is what about Diz? If your dental health (;p) is the issue then hopefully they understand the severely negative impact of losing him?

[eta]you will not and will never lose the love of your parents.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #175
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
you will not and will never lose the love of your parents.
Wish I knew how that felt...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #176
glatt

Hell, Sundae, I still wish you luck. You're not letting me down. And I don't think you are letting anyone else down either.

I think you should do what's best for your well being, whatever that may be. And you and your doctors are the best judge of that.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #177
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Same here. You're not letting us down, you're doing everything right by being honest about how you're doing, and getting yourself help when and where you need it.

I have no idea what the laws are there, but here there are medical leave protections, and teeth fall into that category. They don't have to pay you while you're gone, of course, but they have to have a position for you whenever you're ready to come back, up to a full year.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #178
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I feel like I've let everyone down, from Limey, Dani, Carr and all the other who helped, wished me luck and sent me a moving-in present, to Mum & Dad who have helped already with the bills.
What the fuck is wrong with your head? How do you come up with these scenarios? How can you possibly, even for a minute, think your folks or any of us, would want you to put anything before your health, ANYTHING?!
My god, if I was in country I'd come over and slap you.

Brianna, where ever you are, please haunt this bitch until she gets her head on straight.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #179
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh Sundae, I'm so sorry. I wish that I could help. I will pray for you.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:08 PM   #180
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Hey Babe. I'm only now seeing the terrible stuff you have been through. I have been away for a couple of weeks dealing with issues. You haven't let anyone down. We all love you and are here for you. Check your email. I sent you a message about 2 weeks ago.