The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 02-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #91
skyline1241
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I don't think we have a sunset thread, and I thought that as sunsets can be some of the most breathtaking visions in our lives, it might be worth creating one as I'm sure many of you have beautiful sunset pictures to share also.

This one that I'm opening this thread with was taken yesterday. Unfortunately I only had my phone with me, so that's what it's taken with. I was on my way home and there was a fair bit of storm activity about and it created this (what in real life was a) magnificent and eerie shot. To me it looked more like the begining of an alien invasion than a sunset, but maybe that's just my imagination.

Anyway, here it is in all its slightly blurry and nowhere near complimentary glory.

Attachment 19996

I also think so.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #92
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Skyline, if you haven't been welcomed yet, Welcome to the Cellar!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #93
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Feb 17

Name:  Sunset Feb 17 2013.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  121.2 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #94
chrisinhouston
Professor

I love shooting sunsets and you never know when you will be in the right place at the right time. I took this while just hanging out one of my son and laws family at their cottage on Lake Ontario. I shot it with my Canon 100-400 racked full out and with a 1.4 tele extender and it's hand held but I was at least sitting in a lawn chair using my arms with elbows braced on the chair's arm pieces, sort of a home made bipod. Pretty cool that it worked out as it is tack sharp.

I like the fishing boat rushing to get back to Sotus bay before dark.
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #95
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Vurry niiize.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #96
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'....
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #97
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Excellent.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #98
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

The trick of a good sunset-over-the-water shot is that you need a bunch of other stuff to look at. Really, you need a photo that would be a good photo even without the sunset. Like that one.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #99
glatt

Too true. At a minimum, you need a couple trees in there. But a lighthouse and some boats is even better.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #100
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Here's a link to 27 Beautiful Sunset Pictures, and I'd stack up chrisinhouston's picture against any or all of them.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #101
chrisinhouston
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Here's a link to 27 Beautiful Sunset Pictures, and I'd stack up chrisinhouston's picture against any or all of them.
Thanks xoxoxoBruce!

As always it is about being in the right place at the right time! And it helps to have a decent camera and a longer lens that will accentuate and increase the size of the sun. I think a tripod is also a must as you can shoot at a lower ISO without worrying about blurs from a shaky camera.

Here is one from my Aruba trip a few years ago. Needless to say I have many more from this series but I like the juxtaposition of the sun behind the wind surfer.
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #102
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Short story behind this one...My partner and I met in a chat room on MSN 11 years ago. He flew to Florida to meet me on Valentines Day, 2003. I took him out to dinner to a nice restaurant on the beach. Fast forward 10 years and I took him back to that same restaurant for our 10 year anniversary. This photo was taken there. After dinner, we went for a walk along the boardwalk where he dropped to one knee and proposed. I said yes.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #103
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Then came the happily ever after, right?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #104
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I know "congratulations" is ... tacky or has some other negative vibe to it, but what the heck. Congratulations, and I hope you have many happy years to come!
Old 01-03-2017, 11:29 PM   #105
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I saw the strangest sunset the other evening on my way home. Here are a couple shots of it, taken a couple minutes apart. The Close Encounters column appears to be emanating from a peak in the Olympics called The Brothers.

Name:  IMG_6202sm.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  149.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6204sm.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  137.9 KB