The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #16
How Brown
Ripperologist

Hi Lumberjim and all of you people !

5 facts,you say? Hmmmm...Lets start off with one or two facts that very few serial killers take internal organs with them and successfully kill outdoors as the Ripper did. At that time,London,the biggest city in the World,also had a slum on its East End which rivalled any in the world. Jack did it without the advantage of an automobile for escape.

Another fact is that this case was covered on all 7 continents [ probably a first ] and was covered with zeal here in the States by the Press. There are a few suspects that were not British citizens [ Szemeredy,Tumblety,Fogelma,the Portugese cattlemen] who have made life more interesting for the Ripper community.

Brianna....Amazing coincidence here. My ex-wife named her last child Brianna as well.

I can't see where Ms. Cornwell made any change to the status of a man,who may have been one of the original "Ripperologists" himself,Walter Sickert. Even Ms.Cornwell now admits she could use some "help" in closing the case,as the Ripper community has demonstrated Sickert needed to be in London on the kill-dates. The DNA angle didn't cut it. She's not even the first to suggest Sickert was the Ripper.

Who do I think did it? Well...D'onston Stephenson is a intriguing character....I cover him on my site.

Dov: If you dig Victorian architecture,then you will LOVE my neighborhood ! I live in a section of Philadelphia known as Wissahickon. The entire area is a sea of Victorian homes,three and four story....on the edge of the world's biggest municipal park..Fairmount Park....Picturesque.

Thanks a lot for the nice welcome,all you folks....much appreciated !

How
How Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #17
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

In other words, this was a spam post. How about that, UT?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
How Brown
Ripperologist

Spam post? Hardly.

There's a lot of people who have interest in Victorian culture and the Whitechapel Murders...It appears some do.

Since you don't...take it on the arches,pal.
How Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #19
Wally
Ripperologist

No Spam

Maybe someone didn't read any too closely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Of course, Ripperologists just can't get enough in any venue, so we welcome the formation of a ripper discussion group on this site, provided that others may be sufficiently interested. Have a look at some of those other sites, however, so you'll know what you're in for.

Having looked extensively through the cellar, I saw no venue for discussions of this sort; hence the suggestion. We are always on the lookout for new ideas on this topic though and had thought there may be some latent interest amongst the members here. If not, just say so and we will take it from there. No one HAS to participate.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #20
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

I was thinking it was 'just me'.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #21
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I'd vote not spam too. Where's the url? I don't believe that wally's link in his profile is the barb on the hook. I guess it's legit. Uninteresting to me, but inoffensive in the context of the cellar.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #22
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Brown

Dov: If you dig Victorian architecture,then you will LOVE my neighborhood ! I live in a section of Philadelphia known as Wissahickon. The entire area is a sea of Victorian homes,three and four story....on the edge of the world's biggest municipal park..Fairmount Park....Picturesque.
Gargoyles? Have to have Gargoyles. I live in Montreal; we have our share of Victorian. I love it whether it is the architecture or the interior design.

An interesting twist to these homes, many incorporate the language of art neuveux.

Someone close to me is semi addicted to the Bordello environment. In the spirit of Bordello and in her honour my guest room is an authentic rendition. I sleep there occasionally and have wonderfully vivid dreams. I change the linen.

I am a Sculptor and have done restorations on those homes, the ornate exterior details, including stained glass. I adore it all.

Fuck the Modernists! So many beautiful homes were demolished here to be replaced with glass boxes.

I have moulds of Gargoyles and such, and during the equinox or solstice, I make a large profit off the Wicca’s, lol

Nice to meet you How.

Ps, relative to a Jack the Ripper Thread, even though I have never been into role play on a group level, (never more than three people ) a role-play thread crossed my mind, re Ripper.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Cool stuff. Too cool to be spam. Welcome.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:35 AM   #24
dov

Wish I could come up with something witty other than weird.