The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #61
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Character disorder = personality disorder.
Antisocial and dependent would be my guess.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #62
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
[Threadjack] Wolf, I caught some guy on TV last night claiming a huge percentage of the people taking up space in the state and county jails should really be in your care. It was just a clip and I didn't get the details.[/threadjack]

Not surprising. We have a "diversion" program to keep the local hoosgow from being a spare psych hospital ... although it's like walking a tightrope sometimes, as there are real instances where crazy people do things because they are criminals, not because they are crazy.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #63
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

We have a similar situation over here. The percentage of the prison population, thought to be suffering serious mental illness is very high. Hell of a lot of the prison population are learning disabled as well, which tends to keep them (when they aren't in the prison system) hidden from view, much less likely to be seeing a doctor regularly, or be in regular employment, so much easier to slip unseen from mild to serious mental issues. Lot of people spend their whole lives slipping through the nets and never quite being recognised for what they are.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #64
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Send 'em all to Iraq.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #65
DanaC

*blinks* I have no response to that.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 AM   #66
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

These animals need to "ride the lightning".
The one little cocksucker SMILED at reporters.
His thought is "I'm juvie, I'll go inside "til I'm 18, then I'm back out."
And what real deterrent is prison to these felons?
None.
3 hots and a cot, weight room, cable TV, and other cons to teach them how to be better criminals.
Put them in GenPop, let 'em live until the morning of their 18th b-day, and let 'em fry.
The one has a police record marking him as a violent offender.

And where the fuck is fat-ass Reverend Al during all this?
Or is "black-on-black" crime not his thing?
Maybe he's hiding from Tawana Brawley.

Or Reverend Jesse Jackson?
Where is he?
I guess this isn't a "White Man Conspiracy", so it's beneath him to comment.

America has gotten too soft on criminals like this.
"Oooh, we don't want to violate their civil rights."
Fuck that.
These pukes lost their rights when they pushed the mother back into the apartment.
Up until that point, they could have said "This is some fucked-up shit" and walked away.

The mother was gang-raped and the son tortured.

Execute them.
No appeals.
None of this ACLU shit.
None of this "disadvantaged black youth" bullshit.
None of this "Oh, but my child could never do this!" shit.
Yes he could, and he did.
A condom with DNA traced back to one attacker.
He was there.
Execute him.
A palm print linked back to another one.
He was there.
Execute him.

Execute them, cremate the remains, and mix the remains into the concrete used to build a new wing onto the jail.
They don't deserve burial in consecrated ground.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:30 AM   #67
rkzenrage

Yeah... then we all become what they are, exactly what they are.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:36 AM   #68
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Is it not true that whatever their sentence ends up being, they'll serve it in juvenile detention until such time as they reach majority and thereafter will serve the remainder of their sentance in an adult facility?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:44 AM   #69
DanaC

That's what I thought happened. That's how it works over here I think.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #70
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha
Is it not true that whatever their sentence ends up being, they'll serve it in juvenile detention until such time as they reach majority and thereafter will serve the remainder of their sentance in an adult facility?
Depends. It's different in every state, and practically for every crime. But there is a distinct set of times when a juvenile serves time until their 18th birthday, and then their record is sealed and they walk away free and clear. (Somebody somewhere thought it was a good idea to give blanket second-chances...) There was actually a case of teens who murdered with the specific excuse of, "We're 16, so we won't do jail time." They tried those fuckers as adults too.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #71
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Character disorder = personality disorder.

This is NOT equivalent to someone who has a diagnosable major mental illness (Depression, Schizophrenia, Bipolar, etc.), although I'll betcha dollars to doughnuts that each of these perpetrators carries one or more of these diagnoses, even if they don't actually exhibit the full symptom spectrum. Why? Insurance companies don't pay for personality disorders.

These bastards just need to die.
Honest question here...Doesn't character imply an observable defense reaction and personality doesn't necessarily?
You're the pro. you tell me. Not that it matters or applies to the subject at hand.
I don't think this can be blamed on anyone but the kids in question. It wasn't their environment, the failure of public education, or the faults of their parents.
Maybe they are just f'ing evil folks. The same kind of people can come from a very healthy background with a supportive family and great education.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #72
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Is it not true that whatever their sentence ends up being, they'll serve it in juvenile detention until such time as they reach majority and thereafter will serve the remainder of their sentence in an adult facility?
In most cases in America, Juveniles serve their sentence until they are 18 and then the walk away WITHOUT a record!! Thats the problem over here, Ali. They could potentially serve 2-5 years depending on their ages. If they are tried as adults then they may serve much longer sentences.
Personally, there isn't a sentence long enough for what the did. Such a blatant disregard for human life deserves whatever we as a society can to GUARANTEE they NEVER have the opportunity to do anyone else any harm. Make an example of them??? I don't know if that works, I think thats a discussion for another thread.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #73
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I don't think this can be blamed on anyone but the kids in question. It wasn't their environment, the failure of public education, or the faults of their parents.
I wouldn't be so quick to let the parents off the hook.

It's a shame she wasn't armed.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #74
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Maybe they are just f'ing evil folks. The same kind of people can come from a very healthy background with a supportive family and great education.
Its hard to make that argument since most of the crime like this comes from lower class communities. This has been the trend throughout history that poverty allows a greater number and more brutal (at least on the surface) crime on an individual level.

If these kids were raised in a suburban neighborhood, I have a really hard time believing they would be pulling the same shit. They would still be the "bad" kids but suburban kids that get in trouble have no comparison to urban kids that get in trouble.

In reality, it has to be a great mixture of genetics, parenting, and environment.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #75
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
In reality, it has to be a great mixture of genetics, parenting, and environment.
Fair statement.