The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Creative Expression
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Creative Expression Post your own works and chat about them

Old 03-09-2005, 09:03 AM   #31
404Error
Lecturer

OK, I didn't want to bruise your fragile ego, Noodle, so I ordered Knuckles Avec Sombreros too. (shoulda done that in the first place and saved the extra shipping charge but, oh well.)

I got the order confirmation before the order form even finished printing! I hope it ships just as fast.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:12 AM   #32
mrnoodle
bent

I'll hook you up. PM me the name you ordered under and we'll send em out together. We're not what you'd call a large operation

unless you ordered from best buy or something. they don't ask us....

Thanks very much 404, we really appreciate the support. Hope you like the music.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He will.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #34
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I have just finished listening to "Knuckles Avec Sombreros", gifted to me by a kind pal.

Superior shred in every respect! Jam on, Gashead, and Mr. Noodle.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:46 PM   #35
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

Lawrence? city of a thousand bands? open mic.. yeah.. oddly enough our city has a really bi-polar disorder when it comes to the arts... (unless city sponsored.. they built a huge ugly ass art megaplex that no one uses (other than the west side of towners..aka. the people with money and barrels full given the current property rates.. if anyone is thinking of doing the realty thing.. Larryvillle is a hotbed of moeny grubbing bastards.. not that I'm bitter)) if you want to get a rough Idea of what music is going on here check out lawrence.com and take a peek at the mp3 page or the local listings.. this is the only place I have ever lived that when walking into a bar people ask (with a grimmace..) "is there a band tonite?" and then fucking bitch about having to pay 2$ for some kick ass (for the most part) live music! they don't know how good they have it... on a side note, my other guitar player and I just hooked up with a bad ass drummer.. so there might be some new Slurry coming the worlds way soon! (not that the world cares ) ) oh! Mr. Noodle! have you signed your band up to the a.) worldwidebandregistry.com (saves your name! in case someone else wants to use it) and b.) garageband.com (fuck! if Trucker (from Salina Ks.) can get a show in LA... on TV.. from that then it's worth a shot!) and anyway! I'll be driving the A1 Abrahms if you ever get an army. (sorry kinda rambling.. the big 12 tourney has been hellish at work)
Old 03-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #36
mrnoodle
bent

ahhh yea. I keep forgetting to do garageband.com

and i've not heard of worldwidebandregistry.com -- going raht this minute to check 'im out.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #37
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
He will.
I do! I got the CD's in the mail yesterday along with a refund for the extra postage. You really didn't have to do that, MrNoodle but thanks for hooking me up by putting the orders together and such a quick turn around!

As for the music, all I can say is AWESOME! While Land Speed Record is excellent, I'm glad I got Knuckles too cause it really rocks!

Thanks again!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:38 AM   #38
cowhead

the paycheck after next I'll be buying the CD.. promise! we finally found a drummer that fits the bill (aka. over 25 and has no delusions of being a rockstar.. has a real job and can remain sober for more than 20 minutes and rocks the fuck out.. so hopefully in a couple of months there will be new Slurry (3.0)

do do the garageband thing.. and post here when you do, I'll tell everyone I know to listen to it and vote on the good side (well.. how they vote will be their own decision.. but you'll get a bunch of hits, our Slurry mailing list was pretty extensive)
Old 03-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #39
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It just struck me that this entire thread should be in the "creative expression" section... which we started after noodle started the thread... mind if I move it there, nood?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:04 AM   #40
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Lawrence? city of a thousand bands? open mic
home to the now defunct, but once great Coalesce. screwy time signatures and a live show that packed a nasty punch.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:19 AM   #41
cowhead

Mr. Toad.. move it where you like we'll find it (and still a thousand thank you's for doing this.. if you are ever in larryville I'll get you full of food and BBQ or whatever food you like)

coalsce rocked.. there are a bunch of bands you might want to watch out for from here right now... Esoteric, Theta (oh... sweet gawd), burial at sea, almost automatic (my old drummers band....young kids rocking the fuck out. like rise against but with more energy if that's possible)

if you want Mp3's for that hit lawrence.com

drunk early.. sorry..not really yes land of a thousand bands.. this (like I said.. I think) is the only place I have ever lived that people say "aw Fuck! there's band tonite?!?!" and as a muscian (although not as good as Mrnoodle...it kinda hurts) seriously walk into the replay or taproom you can't throw a rock (or a beer bottle) without hittting a musician or playwrite (right?) why are we all drunks is what I want to know? (me cuz I need to sleep) anyway...... if you need.. shit... have you heard Kill Creek? or Kill Whitey? or oh sweet shit if you have a yahoo account (and I'm sure you do ) i can send you music..oh I feel a new thread!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:22 AM   #42
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
It just struck me that this entire thread should be in the "creative expression" section... which we started after noodle started the thread... mind if I move it there, nood?
please do. not sure if that section existed when i posted this. or if it did, i didn't know about it....
Old 03-17-2005, 11:41 AM   #43
lookout123
changed his status to single

cowhead - esoteric = excellence. they play shows with my old crew in illinois every time they roll through (which seems to be every 8 minutes) with Hope & Suicide.

Coalesce used to play shows up there quite a bit too. in the glory days of the Fireside Bowl in Chicago. (absolute dive bowling alley that had hardcore shows all the time and doubled as the police precinct in some brandon lee movie.)

i don't have a yahoo account. i do have hotmail and a rarely used gmail account, though.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:00 PM   #44
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowhead
the paycheck after next I'll be buying the CD.. promise! we finally found a drummer that fits the bill (aka. over 25 and has no delusions of being a rockstar.. has a real job and can remain sober for more than 20 minutes and rocks the fuck out.. so hopefully in a couple of months there will be new Slurry (3.0)

do do the garageband thing.. and post here when you do, I'll tell everyone I know to listen to it and vote on the good side (well.. how they vote will be their own decision.. but you'll get a bunch of hits, our Slurry mailing list was pretty extensive)
congrats on the new drummer.....still looking for a bassist here. we're starting to get gigs now, but can't really commit until we're sure mike olson can get those nights open to play with us.

thank goodness for real jobs.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #45
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Just think how decadent you'd be if you didn't have to get up in the morning.