The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-25-2019, 11:40 PM   #4051
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Maybe a gun would have helped. Maybe not. Fucked up people are fucked up.

I'll think about your story, maybe even when I'm stopping to help the next guy. I really don't want to die like that. But I want even less to live in fear that something like that is probably going to happen.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:10 AM   #4052
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Makes me wonder if taking the wallet was an attempt to make it look like a robbery, when it was really a hit?
Old 03-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #4053
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh, Bruce, if you only knew that town...Almost Mayberry.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:03 PM   #4054
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang View Post
I wonder how the other states that don't require a permit handle this? And what their numbers are?

I've never had problems in any regard. Even after law enforcement arrives. Or if they aren't even dispatched.

That could change in a second though.

We live in different worlds I guess.
The world you both dwell in includes permitless Vermont. You know -- totally famous for those mass massacres over syrup rustling 'n' shit. Yeah.

One of you is ignoring the observable phenomena.

Besides Vermont, and with the proviso that some of these several States apply a condition or two, there are Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, both Dakotas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Wyoming.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:10 PM   #4055
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Conditions like you can't be nuts or a criminal?
Old 03-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #4056
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Wait, whut?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #4057
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Conditions like you can't be nuts or a criminal?
Or even, in effect "Thou shalt not carry in aid of a crime." That's pretty much Vermont's.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #4058
Urbane Guerrilla

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
THIS is blowing my fucking mind.
Basically, we no longer require a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

This is going to bring about a bad mindset, you mark my words.

The If-you-so-much-as-look-crossways-at-me-Ima-just-kill-ya-cuz-you-might-have-a-gun-too kinda mindset.
Oh, those words have been marked for decades.

And it doesn't happen. Hasn't happened. Isn't going to. Can't happen. But you do have to be au courant with the world to realize that.

That exact attitude was taken among those ignorant of arms and men when Florida liberalized concealed carry two decades ago or so. And now half of Florida is dead and the other half in jail... right? Only the sound of the wind is heard in Miami?

I'm clever enough to know arms, and to know not to bow to a false god, nor to hew to the articles of false faith. Grave, do you have anything that could possibly be an excuse?

There are psychiatrists willing to postulate things like "free-floating rage," and other maladjustments.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #4059
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Oh, those words have been marked for decades.

And it doesn't happen. Hasn't happened. Isn't going to. Can't happen. But you do have to be au courant with the world to realize that.

That exact attitude was taken among those ignorant of arms and men when Florida liberalized concealed carry two decades ago or so. And now half of Florida is dead and the other half in jail... right? Only the sound of the wind is heard in Miami?

I'm clever enough to know arms, and to know not to bow to a false god, nor to hew to the articles of false faith. Grave, do you have anything that could possibly be an excuse?

There are psychiatrists willing to postulate things like "free-floating rage," and other maladjustments.
Ah, the old UG is back. His core belief to which he clings is "I am smart and you are not". It is his gun *and* his bible. UG: "You are wrong because I'm clever... what is your excuse for your stupidity again?" He gave us a little flourish on this one by hastily generalizing Grav's argument to include all of Florida--lorem ipsum non factor--Florida man lives therefore Grav's dum.

Gravdigr is *not dumb* (nor is UG, he is merely willfully ignorant and stubbornly and petulantly unwilling, not unable, to accept the truth about guns and their role in and affect on our society). His point is well taken. There are many examples of people being shot by shooters who were not in danger but merely afraid. Florida has many examples like this, Trayvon Martin is one of the poster children. It is sad. It is tragic. It is reduceable, if not preventable. But that requires the kind of dialog UG stupidly refuses to have. Making it easier to have more guns reduces the margin for error to dangerous, mortally dangerous levels.

Fearful people plus guns equals an increased chance someone's going to get shot. I don't believe increasing those chances makes anyone safer.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:58 PM   #4060
Urbane Guerrilla

V, quit it. I know something about gunhandling that you do not. You are not -- have you ever been? -- at all willing to learn the something, are you now? That does not oblige me to emulate you.

I am not accusing Grave of stupidity, but of something worse. It may even be curable, even, if Grave gets woke. I am accusing him of perniciousness. If Grave does not *want* to be pernicious, genocide-friendly, and crime-abetting (the evidenced mindset of the Sacramento Democrats, may gadflies assail them) then his view of guns could more approach mine; he could know what I know, and not take refuge in an ignorance. Flying to that refuge would not be how you win one for civilization, V. I understand this even when you don't or can't. I'm wise.

Unarmed people are the fearful ones -- with the best of reasons. Armed people need never fear other armed people, simply because they can do something about it. There's no sign V appreciates what a comfort that is.

Private arming is the enforcing of human rights and civil rights too. In any imaginable circumstances, no matter how severe, you have those human rights that you, tw, xoxoBruce and three hundred and twenty-odd million others can *enforce,* regardless of whatever force, fraud, propaganda, advertising, or oppression may be militated against those rights. You, V, would sound very different were you not influenced by that propaganda and advertising. You'd sound more like me and be a dynamic force for civilization.

It is civilized to have a counterpoise to the State to prevent State barbarity and a counterpoise to private, criminal barbarity -- it clogs those temptations with imponderables, and that is exactly what the civilized man in full wants. It is what you want, whether got by this unpleasant means or by something nicer. I consider it as important as oxygen -- having studied on it. Ignorance, pace Orwell, is not Strength. I work to free myself of ignorance, and by golly, it's doing the job.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:10 AM   #4061
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Who is still not on Urbane Guerrilla's enemies list?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #4062
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I am vigilant, I am aware, I am alert.

I am ready.

I am accurate (enough).

I am not afraid.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #4063
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Urbane Gorilla, you are woefully uninformed on anything regarding me. You do not know what I think, how I think, nor why.

Every single thing you mentioned concerning me is just fucking wrong.

Please leave me out of your insane ramblings.

Also, when you have time, stick your head inside TW's ass for me.

Thanks.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:16 AM   #4064
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Diamond impersonator View Post

… "I am"... I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair
"I am"... I cried
"I am"... said I
And I am lost and I can't
Even say why
"I am"... I said
"I am"... I cried
"I am"
Good show, sounded just like him!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:11 PM   #4065
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Armed people need never fear other armed people, simply because they can do something about it.
Sure thing, Rambo.

I don't fear guns; I feam armed people with your foolish attitude.

A bit of advice: no Glock penis-extension will make a fool invincible.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote