The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
JBKlyde
Banned

Terrorism, and the politics of of War

How do you make peace with an enemy that you don't negotiate with??
I think at one point you have to stop and consider that the "experts" of war must have this figured out. But at another point you have to figure that if we the people don't put in our 2 since then, why do we even bother to be free. SO here's my 2 since. "Totally Annihilate" them. The way I see it God sees us all like cocha roaches and he can stomp us all out any time he wants. The Irony behind this is that we can destroy tank from 20 miles high with pin point accuracy but we can't kill the gd cocha roaches.. \

qcc??
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Ibby
erika

Y'know, starting conversations on nuanced and complex geopolitical issues would be easier if you would speak fucking english.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Ibby
erika

On the other hand, yeah, I think political dialogue is important. Even if you disagree with your opponents' points of view, it's important to understand them.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Y'know, starting conversations on nuanced and complex geopolitical issues would be easier if you would speak fucking english.
Oh, I don't know. I think he has a point. We can send a man to the moon but we can't safely get rid of pestilence i.e. cockroaches.

Simplest terms and cliche are sometimes all 'it boils down to.'

Because seriously...it seems mankind can do anything except the simplest of things.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Ibby
erika

but that's not what he said, monk. I don't know what the nationality or native tongue of JBKlyde may be, but I think he is either deliberately being opaque and indecipherable, or he needs to at the very least lean a little harder on spellcheck and dictionary.com if he wants to try to spark complex or nuanced debate.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Ibram, you've not been paying too much attention to JBK, have you? This is his regular patois, he's not being especially opaque. He's something of an acquired taste. There are other posts/threads that are considerably more incomprehensible than this one.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

He's the differently oddly written UG of sorts.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Yeah, he's hard to categorize. I was reading back on his posts and he's said some really good stuff, some funny stuff, some confusing stuff. But he admits to all of it and that makes him cool in my book.

Oh sorry, I was talking about you right in front of your face, JBK.

He's alright.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Ibram, you've not been paying too much attention to JBK, have you? This is his regular patois, he's not being especially opaque. He's something of an acquired taste. There are other posts/threads that are considerably more incomprehensible than this one.
That's sort of my point. I DON'T just mean in this thread - i agree this is slightly more sensical than most of them - I mean in general. I don't have much respect for deliberate nonsensicality. At least make an effort to engage and converse in a legitimate fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde
It's called "dip theory" the diplomacy of the net.. I'm trying to start an artistic revolution called "abstract realism" so I just speak my mind and try to be a leader. Of coarse I'm broke as a joke and no one really cares
what I think so I just try to have fun with my words. It's all in the name of fun love and the artistic revolutionary in all of us.. People on the net I have encountered are really stubborn so it's kind of like pulling teeth only I write off most of the nonsense I post as research because that's what net was designed for.
That, to me, doesn't sound like a member of a community. It sounds like a troll. I'm all for the avantgarde edge of artistic expression - but if I came here calling myself R.Mutt and responded to every post with only profanity, for example, it wouldn't be conducive to a vibrant community, regardless of its artistic validity. If communication is the last thing on JBKlyde's mind, if all he's here for is to be as incomprehensible as possible, that will NOT lead to positive and stimulating conversations - or if it does, it will be IN SPITE of his contributions.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
JBKlyde
Banned

I think you really need to consider that I am under educated... I took one class on "netiquette" in college and I passed it but I flunked out a year later... I'm living with a mental disability and I really don't know how I'm supposed to act.. I'd even go as far as to say that I am in-fact the Helen Keller of the world wide web.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
Ibby
erika

Its not just netiquette. i do want to apologise for failing to consider disability - but that said, if you made it as far as college, you should be able to write plain english. Think about making a post like trying to write an essay. If anything you wrote in an essay was unclear or "associative" or "abstract" it would be marked down, right? Well, when you're trying to communicate a position or opinion, it doesn't help your point to be unclear or confusing - it only leads to your opinion or even character being rejected on that basis. Take, for example, your vaguely offensive thread I quoted earlier. What the FUCK were you trying to say in the opening post? If the answer can't be expressed clearly, in a way that any other member of the forum can understand, why post it?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
How do you make peace with an enemy that you don't negotiate with?
SO here's my 2 since. cents "Totally Annihilate" them. ~snip ~ like cocha roaches
Then a little irony/humor-
Quote:
we can destroy tank from 20 miles high with pin point accuracy but we can't kill the gd cocha roaches..
Thats what I got anyway.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
JBKlyde
Banned

There's a certain amount of addiction that comes along with the net... I suppose it's has something to do with the "great unknown" and the risks that come along with being young wild and free.. I guess I'm sort of addicted to writing on the net so I always try to make something out of nothing for the love of the written word...
Old 02-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
Its not just netiquette. i do want to apologise for failing to consider disability - but that said, if you made it as far as college, you should be able to write plain english.
Ibs, JBKlyde is schizophrenic, and currently off his meds. Several dwellars have tried to convince him to go back on them, but so far to no avail. I imagine that when he is on his meds, he is a good deal more coherent.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
JBKlyde
Banned

Quote:
Ibs, JBKlyde is schizophrenic, and currently off his meds. Several dwellars have tried to convince him to go back on them, but so far to no avail. I imagine that when he is on his meds, he is a good deal more coherent.
How would you know? I take my meds exactly how my doctor tells me to.. that's just your excuse to be ignorant and not deal with the issues I'm raising...