The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #256
busterb
NSABFD

Medicare Investigation Rant

Remember back in Dec. when I was in a wreck? Today I got a letter from a contract investigative co. for Medicare that wants to know why I've not reported the insurance I have with State Farm. Hello, that is his insurance.

So they included a few forms to fill out and return. I typed a nice redneck reply for them and went to place in their envelope when I saw it had no postage.

WHF. You ask me for information and think I should pay for stamp? So send the assholes from homeland security before I'll buy a stamp for you!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #257
busterb
NSABFD

I've been in New Orleans since about noon. Heavy rain, around 6". Wish the hell I was home.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #258
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

You are in New Orleans? Damn buster! I wish I was with you right now!!!! That's where I want to be!!! (mmm..... and in a vat of buster's chocolate)

I'm threatening to go the next holiday season. I'm going to go see "my parents" in bilox'orleans.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:49 PM   #259
busterb
NSABFD

Neu Awrlins trip

I got off interstate 10 at Chalmette. When you cross over the intercoastal water way and MS. river gulf outlet bridge you can see why any storm from that direction
would be bad news.
Nothing but marsh and lakes. Hwy 47 BTW.
I crossed the ferry and went to Belle Chasse to pick up canvas I'd had made. Then on to Gretna to visit. Stayed too long and got caught in a downpour and traffic.
TV said anywhere from 6 to 11" of rain.

Went to Metairie to stay with old friend. Last year she took some meds. that DR. told her might damage her liver, and did, big time. For now she's living in a studio apt.About as big as my living room.
Will move to son's house soon and apply for SSI.

The trip was a big let down for me. Damn we've all got old or died. Things have changed so much on the westbank, I was lost.

Went to Venice, nothing to see. Gov. told them to rebuild 1st living floor would have to be X' above sea level. So they just built a pad and got trailers.
Very little gas and no groceries below Belle Chasse. Oil Co's are in full swing there. Because they know to build outside levees. The inter and outer levees run
together at Venice.When water gets trapped inside it has to be pumped out.

Sorry no photos. Anything worth a shot would get you ran over or in jail for stopping.

Had good seafood at Deanies, in bucktown. I had the soft shell crabs. Also good in Belle Chasse at Salvo's, but there they serve in go plates.

This goat roping was 570 miles round trip. The 1st 361, I got 36 mpg. After being home and back to H-burg for Dr. visit was 32 mpg.
1 photo. I found this setting on her sink. COCK.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #260
busterb
NSABFD

I forgot about the FEMA trailers stored at Purvis, MS. I drove around 3 sides the 29th when I went to VA. Dr. Unbelievable. If you should search for images, DO NOT click on Donklephant.com. Unless you have every pop-up blocker know to man. Or need to buy a car. Aw hell try it, it's fun!! not.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:11 PM   #261
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What were you driving?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #262
busterb
NSABFD

03 honda.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:44 AM   #263
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

LOL! You are talking about where my brother lives! That poor sap! Hey that cock looks like my cock. Only smaller.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #264
busterb
NSABFD

BTW. N.O. area now has red light cameras.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #265
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Then it's a good idea to steal a car in the suburbs, to use in the city.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #266
busterb
NSABFD

New old pickup

My old blue, gray, and rust pickup was totaled back in Dec. I broke down and bought a 83 F-150, 6cyl, 4 on floor. Hope it'll serve the purpose. Have put more money into it than I would like. Door window weather stripping, window regulator. Don't have to worry about and old one nickle and dimeing you now days. Think dollars.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #267
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Missed you BB - good luck with the car. Did you name her yet?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #268
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Hey Buster, I was just thinking about you today when I was shelling black beans, we've got about 3 joint compound pails. I was wondering how you were doing.

I like the truck, you got me beat by three years. I picked up an '86 F-150 4x4. Our local carbuerator (<--whatever) guru rebuilt it and it starts up great. It only had 88k miles and had never been driven out of town.

Glad to hear you are doing well. Sounds like a fair goat roping.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:01 AM   #269
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That's great. Having driven the truck for a while, I now covet me one of these old pickups just to get things done every once in a while.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 AM   #270
glatt

Buster, looks like a great old truck. I'm a bit jealous. If you lived closer, I'd have a hard time resisting the urge to ask you if I could borrow it every now and then. You know, for truck stuff.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote