pennant races

---american league---
-----east-----
yankees will run away with this one.
toronto should outlast boston for 2nd place
baltimore will not be too far behind
tampa bay with many injuries early on will not be able to catch up
----central----
white sox too good for this group, although clevland may turn this into a race should chicago go into a slump.
detroit's great start will not last, but third place is theirs.
minnesota is not looking too good at the moment, i expected more from them, but it's just not happening.
kansas city is a digrace to baseball, without a doubt the worst team in the game.
-----west-----
here we go, a race for four teams, i could argue for all 4 of them, but seriously i have to single out the angels, with texas looking really really good.... i'm an angels fan, and i think we might prove less than blalock, mench and the gang....oakland is currently in first but i don't think that they will manage a .500 record...they may even take fourth if sexson and seattle pick up the slack.
---national league---
-----east-----
mets all the way here, although philadelphia is putting in a run to make it look a lil' more interesting.
mediocre atlanta will take third i think.
washington is less than, despite a few flashes of a team.
florida's line-up is a joke, and if it wasn't for kc, they would take the label of the worst team in baseball.
----central----
talk about a pennant race. there are superpowers in here.
st.louis is obviously the favorite, and with just cause, but after watching some serious baseball this year,
i must say that i think houston will win the world series
i stated my amazment of cinicinnati early on, and they've proven me right being in first place at the moment, but now, i must say that they are less than both st.louis and houston, and cannot finish higher than third place in this division. the cubs will surpass milwakee for fourth despite lee's injury.
poor pitchburg won't be able to avoid last here, although they are actually a better team than they seem.
-----west-----
here's a good slow race developing, colorado off to the early lead, but it won't last...they will not win this pennant race. although i cannot say for sure here, who will replace them, dodgers and arizona seem stronger. colorado and san fransisco will be close all the way to the end of the year.
san diego will fall far back into last and fade away...a disgracefull line-up

Last edited by W.HI.P; 05-10-2006 at 02:32 AM.
W.HI.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:16 AM   #2
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

AL East: Yanks, Blo Sox and Jays all look good. I don't think the Yanks have the pitching. It will come down to Boston edging out Toronto unless injuries take a toll.
AL Central: Probably Chicago but Cleveland may take it.
AL West: Oakland. They may be hovering around .500 but so is the rest of the division right now. As long as that stays the A's will go on their traditional second half tear barring injury woes. Angels 2nd, Texas 3rd, M's 4th.

NL East: Mets looks good but haven't been really tested yet. Atlanta will pick things up and Philly is developing. I say Atlanta but much closer than in previous years.
NL Central: I just don't know. I'd have to say Cards because they are way outscoring their opponents but they have problems. Houston does too. I can't see Cincy lasting.
NL West: Up for grabs and who cares? All the teams are miserable.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
W.HI.P
Free

how things change, clemens returns to houston, putting them immediatly back into the pennant race, especially after chris carpenter is out injured for st.louis, as well as superman albert pujols who will miss at least 6 weeks after his injury today ...cincinatti's odds just loked alot better as well, but seeing we're only 1/3 through the season, i'd put my money on berkman and clemens

nl-west ...all teams aren't looking that miserable at the moment, dodgers and arizona are both winning game after game...webb looks like the best pitcher in baseball at the moment, and gagne returns to the dodgers after being out for some time.

oaklands lineup is competing with the royals for worst .avg

and just when tampa bay's problems looked to be over, there goes there greatest player crawford, out on the dl....shall we call it a season.

and how about those mets, i tell ya, if it wasn't for pedro martinez, i would cross them out of the top 10 franchises ....i mean look at their greatest batter in the line-up...since may 25th delgado's had only 2 hits in his last 33 at bat. and with atlanta's lineup picking up with chipper and francouer on fire, who knows, we might have a race after all.

let me correct myself, angels will surpass texas and may pull away way b4 the end of the season, this change is because the angels pitching staff all of a sudden looks pretty good....colon on his way back, and how about this young jer.weaver...very impressive.

and a huge uh oh for super white sox, things looking gloomy if thome gets suspended, i won't go further into that one for the time being, but hey, if it happens, it'll be almost as bad as pujols abscence from st.louis, except this one will be for the whole season.

and how about them yankees ...everyones in the hospital, and yet they're rocking like crazy...jeter doing more than he should, a.rodriguez is waking up...randy johnson all of a sudden pitches 2 amazing games, rivera won't be out for too long, posada's back 100 percent....bye bye red sox and blue jays.

let me add one more thing..at the moment the greatest record in baseball is held by detroit...imho they are but a bubble waiting to be popped.
sure verlander is great, but give him 3-4 years
Old 06-04-2006, 03:08 AM   #4
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Houstan looks way better with Clemens on the team. That coupled with Pujols being out should move them closer to first. Rockies are now a christian team... funny how they are in last place and Helton isn't lighting things up. Oakland has been doing pretty poor. Part of this is due to injuries (most teams would be decimated with that many guys out) and their typical slow starts. Now that June is here that should change. Bradley is back soon and Crosby is heating up. Pitchers are coming back too. Don't count the A's out. I also would not count out the Jays and Red Sox. They are not that many games out of first. All it takes in a close race is a bad streak (like the A's had) and it's a different story. Not sure on the AL West. It's safe to count the Twins and Royals out but Chicago and Detroit are playing well. Cleveland is lagging... they got pitching and hitting though.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
cherandbuster
cherandbuster

Things should look interesting in the A. L. East when the Red Sox hit Yankee Stadium for four games next week.

I'm a huge Red Sox fan (Boston born and bred), but if we can't get a #4 & #5 pitcher in the rotation, we're gonna be in some trouble.

Given all the Yankee injuries, the Sox should be out front a few games at this point, but, alas, they just surrendered 1st place to the Yankees after last night's loss to Detroit.

I'll be watching the Sox v. the Tigers this afternoon but with Clement on the mound, my confidence is waivering . . .

Baseball rules!
cherandbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
W.HI.P
Free

cherandbuster, you'll enjoy the afternoon as the red sox should win it easily.
clement isn't all that bad, he's just had some tough opponents.
manny and david should do enough for the win.
and yes, baseball does rule
Old 06-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
cherandbuster
cherandbuster

Hey WHIP, thanks for your vote of confidence!

BTW, we just left two runners stranded in the top of the first

Why didn't we bring any offense to Detroit?!

**maybe it's being saved up for the Yankee series**
Old 06-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #8
W.HI.P
Free

well, when i read what you wrote, i looked into the game, and then went and bet all my money on boston today, i'm telling you detroit is but a bubble and won't finished higher than 3rd.

on the other hadn, i'm not gonna be betting against the yankees when you face them, i do believe that they will get the better of it.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #9
cherandbuster
cherandbuster

Hey WHIP, I think this upcoming NY/Bos series is a tough one to call. I wouldn't bet my $$ on my Sox either. After all, we will be in Yankee Stadium.

Right now, we lead the Yanks in games this year 4-3.

I'm so glad you put some cash on Boston today! Would you like me to keep you posted on the score? Right now it is:

BOS 2
DET 0

Let's hope WHIP gets a major cash windfall!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #10
W.HI.P
Free

yeah, the yankees series will be a tough one, hope rivera isn't back by then cause he's their insurance on any lead of theirs.
should the red sox win today, i'm gonna put all the winnings o the angels tonight in clevland, bookies got the odds wrong in this one.
thanks for the update offer, but it's ok, i'm now following it live on the net.
blessed be cherandbuster
Old 06-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #11
cherandbuster
cherandbuster

May the Angels kick some ASS tonight!!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #12
W.HI.P
Free

thx a million
back to back homeruns by youkoulis and ortiz makes it 4-1 ;- ]
Old 06-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #13
cherandbuster
cherandbuster

You got it WHIP!!

Since I only bet on baseball while in Vegas, I have decided to become your baseball cheerleader here in The Cellar.

Go WHIP go
make some cash
choose good games
kick some ass!

RAH RAH!!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #14
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Hot damn!! The Cubbies are only next to last!! Whoo hoo!!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:08 AM   #15
Griff
still says videotape

The Yanks and Red Sox are now 42-42 over the last five years. Rivally? You betcha! Andy and Melky are making things happen. I am nervous about Rivera...