Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-12-2014, 05:51 AM   #46
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Crap. I typed out a long response and outlined how the current administration had affected me personally. I posted it and the Cellar ate it!
Fuck. Hate when that happens!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #47
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Crap. I typed out a long response and outlined how the current administration had affected me personally. I posted it and the Cellar ate it!
I blame Obama.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #48
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I do favor an overhaul of the VA and a general reduction in benefits. This is what I would like to see.

Elimination of the Post 9/11 education benefit. The Montgomery GI Bill and the Veteran's Re-education Program is more than sufficient.

No medical services for non-rated veterans. If you do not have a service connected disability, you are not covered.

Elimination of VA hospitals. Disabled veterans would receive a voucher that would enable them to have local care providers of their choice. Also the voucher would permit the use of local pharmacies.

I think you get the picture.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #49
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Single payer health coverage covers it.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #50
Big Sarge

I think there are merits to the single payer health cover.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #51
Griff
still says videotape

How difficult would it be to prove an injury was service related? I'm thinking of cancers that may or may not be related to Agent Orange or depleted uranium shells.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #52
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
How difficult would it be to prove an injury was service related? I'm thinking of cancers that may or may not be related to Agent Orange or depleted uranium shells.
It took an acquaintance of mine about 30 years to get his diabetes recognized as being agent orange related.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:10 AM   #53
Big Sarge

I'm dropping the Freedom Hills vernacular and the rabid quotes of the conspiracy theory groups. This is my attempt to explain why I am displeased by the current administration.

1. My income is app a third of what it was 4 years ago. I went through a horrible period of nothing at all until the Wounded Warrior Project and the office of Rep Nunnley intervened with the VA.

2. The cost of insurance for Addie more than doubled this year. I had to drop it. Can't afford it.

3. Under Bush, I received above average medical care, meds sent to me always on time, and a dedicated group of care givers. Under Obama I have waits up to 6 months for appointments, my meds are routinely late for up to 10 days, and I never see the same care provider. I haven't been able to see a dentist to fix missing crowns and broken teeth since 2010.

4. I have to seek permission to use my education benefits under Obama. I never have the same education benefit adviser when I call. Under Obama, I can't transfer my education benefits to my children. Bryanna was forced out of school when I could no longer pay her tuition.

5. I applied for Social Security benefits in 2012. I am still awaiting my hearing. I am frustrated by minority and special circumstance individuals being front loaded.

6. Race relations have plummeted. Obama has made statements that unnecessarily added to the turmoil. I live in a town where whites are a minority. I'm a member of the NAACP. It makes me sick when I hear our local chapter calling for the replacement of government officials based only on race.

7. The shortages of reloading components and ammunition was caused by the massive purchases of Homeland Security drying up the market. At one point, more ammo was purchased by Homeland Security than the Marines. Local law enforcement agencies had to halt firearms training because of the shortage. This may seem like nothing to you, but in my area hunting supplies a lot of meat for families during the winter. No ammo, no meat.

That's my feelings.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #54
Big Sarge

Does anyone even attempt to understand my frustrations??
Old 11-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #55
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I think your frustrations stem not from what's happening, but being clueless as to the causes.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #56
DanaC

Old 11-17-2014, 06:23 AM   #57
Big Sarge

Dana - You have to resort to clips from a liberal comedy show based upon political farce to express your views?

Bruce - So if I was as "informed" as you, all my problems would disappear?
Old 11-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #58
DanaC

Quote:
Dana - You have to resort to clips from a liberal comedy show based upon political farce to express your views?
No. I think I express my views often in here, on a number of issues, often at great length.

I saw that clip and thought of this thread.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #59
Spexxvet

Quote:
I'm dropping the Freedom Hills vernacular and the rabid quotes of the conspiracy theory groups. This is my attempt to explain why I am displeased by the current administration.
That's my feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I think your frustrations stem not from what's happening, but being clueless as to the causes.
Exactly, Bruce. Sarge, you have the internet. Google and find the facts. You'll find that it's the republicans who are trying to cut spending - on EVERYTHING. That includes Veterans benefits, and Medicatre/Social Security (which they'd like to eliminate entirely).

Sarge, how can you accuse Democrats of spending too much, and then accuse them of cutting spending.

GET THE FACTS, DOUBLE CHECK YOUR FINDINGS.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #60
Spexxvet

Quote:
Sarge, don't dismiss the message because of the messenger. Do you deny that the point is valid, regardless of the source?

Quote:
Bruce - So if I was as "informed" as you, all my problems would disappear?
No, Sarge - voting in a Democratic House, Senate, and POTUS will.