The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 10-06-2003, 05:32 AM   #91
Billy
Professor

China National Day's Rose Wedding

Some of the more than 50 Chinese couples wave during a mass wedding called "Rose Wedding" in Shanghai October 5, 2003 coinciding with the week-long National Day holiday festivities. More couples are getting married after a new law took effect last October, wherein couples no longer need to get a letter from their employers to testify they are still single and the premarital health test in no longer required. Picture taken October 5, 2003.
Attached Images

Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:33 AM   #92
Billy
Professor

Super wedding show
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2003, 05:34 AM   #93
Billy
Professor

Chinese brides prepare for a mass wedding for some 50 couples called "Rose Wedding" in Shanghai October 5, 2003 coinciding with the week-long National Day holiday festivities. More couples are getting married after a new law took effect last October, wherein couples no longer need to get a letter from their employers to testify they are still single and the premarital health test in no longer required. Picture taken October 5, 2003.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2003, 05:43 AM   #94
Billy
Professor

Chinese Shadow

Chinese Shadow, which can also be called "Chinese Shadow Play or Chinese Shadow Puppet play", is one of the most ancient genre of drama in China. It came into being in the Han Dynasty (206B.C.-A.D.220) and has more than two thousand years' history.

Chinese Shadow
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2003, 05:45 AM   #95
Billy
Professor

Popular among the people of China, Chinese Shadow is a dramatic form which uses lantern to project shadows on the screen. The artistic effect of the play is produced through light, screen, music, singing, and puppet operation. The shadow play is widely stated " a magic, lightning-like art" and win people's high praise in many countrys'.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2003, 05:53 AM   #96
Billy
Professor

The puppets in the shadow play are made of transparent leather. Chinese shadow artists first carve out the lines of the design and then dye them in bright colors. These transparent leather puppets become very lively and beautiful under the lantern light. With strong local characteristics, the shadow puppets are folk handiworks and a wisdow crystallization of Chinese shadow play artists through the ages. The exquistite shadow puppets not only can be played by yourself but also are a good choice for house ornament. Many state art museums and Chinese Shadow fans collect elegant Chinese shadow Puppets.

I can help you buy and send to you if you really want to get one.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2003, 05:58 AM   #97
Billy
Professor

Great

Fine Shoushan Stone Carvings
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2003, 06:00 AM   #98
Billy
Professor

Beautiful Lotus painting
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2003, 06:02 AM   #99
Billy
Professor

Living in the Mountains

Artist: Hsu Zheng Lu
Born in 1950 in the Sichuan Province of China, Hsu Zheng Lu is a member of the Academic Painting Acadamy of Shichuan. He graduated from the Chinese Painting University in Sichuan and for the past 30 years has traveled to all the famous mountains and rivers of china. His unique style of painting combines both his Chinese and Western painting skills. He has won the first prize twice at the China National Art Show.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2003, 10:54 AM   #100
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Re: Living in the Mountains

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
Artist: Hsu Zheng Lu
Born in 1950 in the Sichuan Province of China, Hsu Zheng Lu is a member of the Academic Painting Acadamy of Shichuan. He graduated from the Chinese Painting University in Sichuan and for the past 30 years has traveled to all the famous mountains and rivers of china. His unique style of painting combines both his Chinese and Western painting skills. He has won the first prize twice at the China National Art Show.
Billy this is a beautiful picture. Do you have any idea how much a painting like this one would sell for (in US dollars)?

The shadow puppets are very interesting as well.

I also find the new marriage stuff interesting. I couldn't imagine having to get a letter from my boss asking if I could get married (if I was single). What would happen if a person was self-employed? It would seem more appropriate to get a letter from your parents, but I guess it doesn't matter now that the law is gone.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:17 AM   #101
Billy
Professor

My thoughts

The arts need comunicate. Every one want keep all the best arts. I don't know hope any one keep the arts in home. It should ne put into musuem. But the musuem can not afford the money on all paintings.

No need company letter for marrige in law now. So you can easily marry and diorce.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:26 AM   #102
Billy
Professor

A couple prepares for a group wedding held on hot air balloons yesterday in Jilin of Northeast China's Jilin Province. Yesterday, 20 couples were wed in this unique airborne ceremony.
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2003, 04:46 AM   #103
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Re: Re: Living in the Mountains

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Billy this is a beautiful picture. Do you have any idea how much a painting like this one would sell for (in US dollars)?

The shadow puppets are very interesting as well.

I also find the new marriage stuff interesting. I couldn't imagine having to get a letter from my boss asking if I could get married (if I was single). What would happen if a person was self-employed? It would seem more appropriate to get a letter from your parents, but I guess it doesn't matter now that the law is gone.
Probably because until recently, the concept of self employed didn't exist in China as the state controlled everything. And your parents might be in a different work camp whereas your boss knew "everything" about you.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:32 AM   #104
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Re: My thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
The arts need comunicate. Every one want keep all the best arts. I don't know hope any one keep the arts in home. It should ne put into musuem. But the musuem can not afford the money on all paintings.

No need company letter for marrige in law now. So you can easily marry and diorce.
I think I understand what you are saying about art, but I have no intentions on buying this I was just wondering what it's monetary value was in US dollars? No matter what it costs I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway. I was just curious.

I realize you don't need a letter to get married now, I was just saying that it was strange to me that you would need a letter from your employer as opposed to your parents.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 05:41 AM   #105
Billy
Professor

Abandoned baby taken good care of

Two nurses dress an abandoned baby boy at a hospital in Xi'an, Northwest China's Shaanxi Province, October 8, 2003. The infant was born October 3 at Huashan Workers' Hospital before being abandoned by his mother. Medical staff took good care of him and some lying-in women even offered to nurse him. A medical check-up indicates the baby is healthy. [www.newsphoto.com.cn]
Attached Images