The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
W.HI.P
Free

Betting tips

I'm just so good at this, and its been an amazing year so far, so i thought i'd start this thread.
First of all, you can't be betting too many games, 3 is the maximum limit.
Defencive betting is what will make you money.
Let me give you an example of why less is better.
if you were to take 7 games and bet them amongst eachother in bets of 3's with each combination covered, you would have 35 bets.
if you were to take 7 games and bet them amongst eachother in bets of 4's with each combination covered, you would also have 35 bets.
now lets see why the one is better than the other......
lets say each game of the 7 payout 2/1. and lets say we bet $10 dollars on each bet...both bets amount to $350.
most commonly, you would win 3 out of 7, or 4/7 ..and if you're realy lucky, lets 5/7.
now lets see the payout....
with 3 wins:3's payout 1 bet = $10X2X2X2=$80
with 3 wins:4's payout 0 bets = $0

with 4 wins 3's payout 4 bets =$80X4=$320
with 4 wins 4's payout 1 bet = $10X2X2X2X2=$160

with 5 wins 3's payout 10 bets = $80X10=$800
with 5 wins 4's payout 5 bets = $160X5=$800

so as you can see, its just stupid to bet 4 games per bet when you can bet 3

now in the 6-7 option, it would be simply wiser to bet the 6-7, but you'll rarely win, especially at these odds ....end result=4's are not a good idea.
*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Now lets get to the action.
I've been watching very closely, and i'm 6 out of 6 on the Philadelphia eagels, betting against them twice and for them 4 times=100% success.
On Sunday, the Eagels face the TB Bucs ..now forget the point spread which is 5,5, more or less, and is subjec to hange....look at the Eagels win its paying between 1,40 to 1,60, and it is FREE MONEY!!!! take it, put it on every slip, that price is also subject to change take it now while you can, Mcnnabb is too good, He's taking sips of tea between the snap and the throw.
And don't get fooled by TB being a team, because they're not, they have a pretty good defence, but certainly not good enough to stop this Philadelphia offence which is doing whatever it wants whenever it wants!
Now thats the best bet of the week.

Now I don't know what kinda price you're getting on the Colorado Avalanche-Toronto Maple Leafs game tonight, but here in Toronto, they're giving me 2/1 on Colorado, and I'm taking it...reality check..Toronto has no goalie...Toronto has no defence, Kaberle is actually pretty good, but superstar McCabe can't do anything in the back, its like toronto plays with 4 forwards and 1 defender while he's on the ice...Toronto will be well below .500 this year, and anytime you can get a superior team than them at 2/1...you take it.
Many of you will see the New Jersey Devils-Pitchberg Penguins game and think that it'll be an easy win for the Devils...but be cautious here, Malkin is making his debut, and although playing on line 2, I'm sure he'll hit the ice with Crosby at some point..I'm no fan, but I'm 100% sure that both Crosby and Malkin will be headline news this year...I'm not saying bet on Pitchberg, I'm just saying don't be betting against them,especially on Malkin's debut!

The Anaheim Mighty Ducks are clearly Stanley cup material with Chris Pronger coming to the team, and tonight they face up against The Red wings...its paying 2/1 ..i'd say thats a good bet.

I think Chris Carpenter is an amazing pitcher and everything points to St.Louis going to the world series after tonight, and they are favorites to do so, but you know what...I say somehow, the mets wins the next 2 games and steals the ticket...I dunno how, I'm the last person that would bet against Chris, but tonight, under the circumstances of the Mets elimination, I took the underdog Mets.

POINT SPREADS

Take Buffalo against The Patriots -6,5.
Take Green Bay against Miami -4,5 (RB Green will play for GB)
Take NY Giants against Dallas -3,5
I'd tell you to take Phillie at 6,5 against TB, but the 1,50 at +3,5 looks better!

Last edited by W.HI.P; 10-18-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #2
robsterman1
A worldly dude

Seems you got an interesting system here. Worth a try IMO, but has it been proven?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
W.HI.P
Free

I'm not quite sure what you mean there Robsterman, I think the results speak for themselves! More tips to come...
Old 10-20-2006, 04:25 AM   #4
W.HI.P
Free

College Football Point Spread
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Take Nebraska over Texas -6,5 Saturday.
I think Texas will find it hard to score against this defence.
IMO, it's a field goal game.

English Premiership
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Liverpool is in need of some quick points.
Man Utd should be happy enough with a draw in this one, I can't see how Liverpool could possibly lose this.
Take The draw and the Liverpool win at 1,66 combined.

N.H.L Hockey
*~*~*~*~*
Minnesota travels to Anaheim to face the Mighty ducks who are undefeated, I bet they remain so against this team that will probably be hovering just over the .500 mark at the end of the year
Anaheim win=1,60
lol at the ones who make these prices, 2,20 for columbus at home to beat the Leafs?? .....Columbus sucks, but 2,20???....I'm not saying columbus will win, i'm just saing that the price is not realistic, therefore, a good bet for one who's looking for something extra.
..and talking about far fetched prices??....sure Buffalo is looking great this year, but Carolina has picked up these past few games as well, In Buffalo, carolina's win is paying 2,50!!!!!! Thats simply insaine! Jump all over that.

N.F.L
*~*~*
Just to add another.
The New York Jets win at home against the Detroit Lions is looking pretty atractive at 1,90....I'm not taking it until i know Lavernius Coles is playing for sure...I've been watching this Lavernius guy, and he is in superb form,clearly one of the absolute elite WR's in the NFL this year....its basically what he can do after the catch thats so amazing....so yeah, if he plays, deffinetly take the Jets to win!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #5
W.HI.P
Free

College Football Point spread
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Please help me understand this one!
Georgia tech plays Clemson and Clemson is the favorite by -7,5??
WTF is that all about?
Apart from the fact that they're plaing at home, give me another reason why Clemson should win this game....easily take Georgia tech here!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:02 AM   #6
W.HI.P
Free

NFL-AFC west outright
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
For those of you who like the long term bet i must recomend the Sand Diego Chargers here at 1,90 to win this division, and here is why....
lol @ Oakland
Forget KC,there OL is all they had and its now fallen to pieces.
The only threat to this bet is the Denver Broncos....
Both teams at 4-1..they do face each other twice, and if you examine their teams a litle and see that San diego is clearly a pass rush defence and a Running offence...lol LT, the do have the edge..but lets say they split.
San Diego's schedule is just a little easier than Denver's.
IMO, the only real way to lose the bet is if Tomlinson gets injured..and he's just not that kind of running back. I like the maturity of the team, I like the fact that they can protect the lead, and the coaches decision making is exactly how it should be, where Shanahan is unpredictable and sometimes dangerous, especially when the team is in the lead, and will certainly cost the Broncos a close one or two
Old 10-21-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
W.HI.P
Free

ummm, Verlander's pitching today,right? well, what more is needed to be said.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
W.HI.P
Free

Lets see what we've done so far...

Colorado Avalanche 4-1 Toronto Maple leafs WIN=2,00
Mighty ducks of Anaheim 4-1 Detroit Red wings Win=2,00
New York Mets 4-2 St.Louis Cardinals Win=1,80
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 2-1 Minnesota Wild Win=1,60
Carolina Hurricaine 4-5 Buffalo Sabres Loss=2,50
Nebraska 20-22 (-6,5) Texas Win/Point spread

Still to come
Georgia Tech-Clemson(-7,5)
Buffalo Bills-NE Patriots (-6,5)
Green Bay Packers-Miami Dolphins(-4,5)
New York Giants-Dallas Cowboys(-3,5)
New York Jets(3,5)-Miami Dolphins Payout=1,90 at the time
Liverpool-Man Utd ...Tie and Liverpool win combined=1,66
San Diego Chargers to win Division=1,90
And BEST BET of the week!
PHILADELPHIA EAGELS(-3,5)-TB Bucs Payout=1,50
Old 10-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #9
W.HI.P
Free

Oh, and I just saw the price on Detroits win in the first game of the world series.....so i take that back..sure they'll win, but its a bad bet at that price.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
W.HI.P
Free

lol at Mcnnabb throwing 5 touchdown pases, 3 for the Eagels and 2 for the Bucs..... that set me back a bit ..and what about that 62 yard field goal??
it if had been a 64 yarder, he would have made it for sure and broken the record of 63!

whenever you get these insaine prices, you have to jump on them.
and its not about who's better, its about taking the price..hell, its hockey.
Montreal at home against Buffalo is more than just form, its a history its passion...Buffalo will not maintain its perfect record.
WTF? For the LA Kings to beat the Avalanche in Colorado pays 2.90!
who's playing? is it soccer Italy against luxemburg or something???
I didn't think so..take the Kings!
Dallas is a much better team than Vancouver but again, take the price=2,20.
LMAO ...tuesday ottawa travels to Toronto and are the underdogs at 1,95???

When you bet defencivly, you can afford to lose a few at these prices.

N.H.L Hockey
*~*~*~*~*
Montreal Canadiens to beat Buffalo Sabres=2,00
LA Kings to beat Colorado Avalanche =2,90
Vancouver Canucks to beat Dallas Stars=2,20
Ottawa Senators to beat Toronto MapleLeafs=1,95

N.F.L Point spread
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
NY GIANTS to beat Dallas Cowboys(-3,5)
Old 10-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #11
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I say to you, that was the most incredible fourth quarter ever. Including the best McNabb on-field vomiting so far, of the three I've seen.

The McYack happens when the entire team must be heaved up on his shoulders, and he accepts the burden because he is who he is.

The last two times, it didn't work.

This time, it worked - and he engineered two incredible drives, in which he ran and passed and performed the usual McNabb miracles. In which they suddenly needed a TD instead of a FG in the last 4 minutes to win, and in which I knew for certain that they would get. And they did. It wasn't karma; it was the point that happens in every single Eagles game, setting up for the point at which McNabb can score on you at will. Whether that happens early or late, it has inevitably happened in every game this year.

The only way TB could win that game was through an outrageous miracle. Which then happened. Every Eagles loss has been a game in which they pretty much dominated the opponent... but the improbable events of the NFL led to weird outcomes.

Meanwhile, their #1 WR Donte Stallworth has been out four weeks... may be back next week... figure that into your betting WHIP... they are poised to kick someone's ass hard, and Will Not Lose to a team with any serious weakness in the secondary.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #12
W.HI.P
Free

Oh i agree with ou 100%,and although Stallworth's abscence may not be that visable with Mcnnabb doing well without him.
Donte has amazing value in this Eagels team with his incredible Speed, its exactly what Donovan wants in his WR's.
Although the score would decieve everyone, the Eagels defence is as solid as it ever was, The jaguars will be a piece of cake with their injured and then its the bye week, and by week 10 the Eagels should be 100% percent against Portis and the Redskins...I don't think i will bet against the Eagels again this year till the NFC final against the Bears, not even against the P.Manning's colts where there will be some obvious points given to us on the spread.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #13
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I love this game.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:59 AM   #14
W.HI.P
Free

MLB World Series
*~*~*~*~*~*
Chris Carpenter pitching at home against Robertson...I'll be damned if Chris dosen't show up here, If St.Louis has a shot at this, it Begins with Carpenter's win tommorow...its probably the last real chance to bet on a baseball game with some safety this year...it only pays 1,50, but Its on Chris and the Cardinals for sure~!~

NHL
*~*
Price change on the Ottawa-Leafs game..from 1,95 to 1,75, but its still a good bet!

Soccer
*~*~*
Pari St Germain travel to Lyon to face one of the absolute best teams in the world for the french league, But there's one thing as a fan of Lyonnais that I've noticed throughout the past 5-6 years ...they don't care about the French league cup AT ALL!!! I mean, we're pretty unfortunate that they face Pari St.Germain here as opposed to some smaller team from the 2nd or even third division, because we would have made a fortune at 20 or 25/1 ......... tie pays 4,00
..but even better and more likely Pari St.Germain's win =6,50

Bolton is not last years team where Stelios giannakopoulos was on fire ..his feet are dragging, and Bolton IMO seem to be the small team they used to be....they travel to London to face Charlton for the League cup,and believe it or not Charlton's win pays 2,90 ..now thats a good bet!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:43 PM   #15
W.HI.P
Free

NHL Hockey
*~*~*~*~*
Atlanta visits Carolina...both teams are in excellent form!
I really like what i've seen from atlanta this year, and the goaltender is elite.
Although it will be close, I have to take the underdog's Thrashers here at 1,90

San Jose in Detroit..People have the Sharks as one of the favorites to win the stanley cup...i don't see that, and until the rest of the world understands this, we have to take the price against them..especially IN DETROIT,it pays 1,95 and we'd be crazy not to take it

Vancouver is also placed amongst the favorties to make it all the way, and even more so, this is not gonna happen IMO, maybe in two three years they could mount a challenge...on the other hand, Chicago is not the st.louis/columbus terrible team they were last year, not at all, they will be in 3rd place in this division at worst at the end of the year, so as long as the team is underestimated, take the money..and at home it pays 2,20!

Tommorow Montreal goes to Boston, i think they can win, i like the depth in the team, and both goalies are worthy of the job, 1,85.

also tommorow, i don't care how many times you'll see the ottawa-Leafs game this year, but each time no matter where they play, take the Senators...it pays 1,50 tommorow in ottawa.

N.F.L
*~*~*
lol, the most uneven game of the year takes place on Sunday where the 49ers travel to Chicago to face the Bears, now I know that he Bears will be looking at going 8-0 before this game is finished, but no matter how you look at it 16,5 points is simply not enough!
And what is probably the best bet of the week is in Denver where the Colts visit and the Broncos are favorites at -2,5 ...this dosen't make sense to me.
I mean the Broncos really can't score, and even if the broncos were the Bears, i'd still expect at least 21 points on the board for the Colts...hell if the were giving the colts favorties by -7 i'd take it.

The Results so far
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Colorado Avalanche 4-1 Toronto Maple leafs Win=2,00
Mighty ducks of Anaheim 4-1 Detroit Red wings Win=2,00
New York Mets 4-2 St.Louis Cardinals Win=1,80
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 2-1 Minnesota Wild Win=1,60
Carolina Hurricaine 4-5 Buffalo Sabres Loss=2,50
Nebraska 20-22 (-6,5) Texas Win/Point spread
Georgia Tech 7-31 Clemson(-7,5) Loss
Buffalo Bills 6-28 NE Patriots (-6,5) Loss
Green Bay Packers 34-24 Miami Dolphins(-4,5) Win
New York Giants 36-22 Dallas Cowboys(-3,5) Win
New York Jets(3,5) 31-24 Miami Dolphins Payout=1,90 Win
Liverpool 0-2 Man Utd Loss=1,66
Philadelphia Eagels(-3,5) 21-23 TB Bucs Payout Loss=1,50
Montreal Canadiens 1-4 Buffalo SabresLoss=2,00
LA Kings 1-6 Colorado Avalanche Loss=2,90
Vancouver Canucks 1-2 Dallas Stars Loss=2,20
Ottawa Senators 6-2 Toronto Maple Leafs Win=1,95
St.Louis Cardinals 5-0 Detroit tigers Win=1,50
Charlton 1-0 Bolton Win=2,90
Pari St.Germain 1-2 Lyon loss=6,50

Still to come...
*~*~*~*~*~*

Hockey
*~*~*
Atlanta Thrashers-Carolina Hurricaine =1,90
Detroit red wings-san jose Sharks =1,95
Chicago Blackhawks-Vancouver Canucks =2,20
Montreal Canadiens-Boston Bruins=1,85
Ottawa Senators-Toronto Maple Leafs =1,50

N.F.L Pointspread
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Chicago Bears (-16,5)-SF 49ers
Indianapolis Colts-Denver Broncos(-2,5)

Last edited by W.HI.P; 10-25-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Closed Thread