The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #31
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Capn, you need a big nasty dog!!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #32
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts
Capn, you need a big nasty dog!!

RIGHT BUT! He'd have to hire one of those assholes to feed the dog.

I'm kinds feeling like that person needs to be me.
oh and as a plus! I already have a nasty ankle biter sitting right here with me!

My list was going to be people that say "my,my. my" and let assholes sit all over thier furnture when they ain't home. :p
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #33
The 42
I'm not lurking, I'm stalking YOU!

Co-workers who sit around on their lazy asses all day taking credit for everything you do and then complaining to the boss that you don't work hard enough or long enough

Bosses that beleive those co-workers just because they have senority

The hell with senority! I'm the most junior member of the staff and they're not hiring any time soon so I'm stuck that way!
The 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #34
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 42
Co-workers who sit around on their lazy asses all day taking credit for everything you do and then complaining to the boss that you don't work hard enough or long enough

Bosses that beleive those co-workers just because they have senority

The hell with senority! I'm the most junior member of the staff and they're not hiring any time soon so I'm stuck that way!
I think we've all been there 42!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Those women who don't have normal womanly wiles when they try to flirt. They tease and cajole. They are called charming and gracious but online they flop horribly. Damn I hate those kind of posters!:p
Old 08-28-2006, 02:42 AM   #35
Hagar
Master of the Domain

6. Men's fashion/clothes stores.

(I'm male, hetro, 32, 5'10" 83kg and wholly un-remarkable)

I went clothes shopping on Saturday. I haven't really done any serious clothes shopping for a couple of years, just a few bits and pieces here and there. Either times have changed dramatically, or I'm getting old and ludicrously unfashionable, cause this was not like anything I've seen before.

Firstly there are the vacuous, waifish, underfed, metrosexual, "half-fruit", wearing-their-little-sister's-jeans, androgynous shop assistants who either ignore you completely (ie "you're too old and un-fashionable to be in here, sir") or fawn unashamedly over you in such a way as to be completely unbelievable in every single thing they say ("oh wow!! like you look gr8 in that!!! Hay Taylaha, like, doesn't he look like, egr8 in that shirt?! like aw wow!!"). And why does the dance music have to be so loud that YOU HAVE TO SHOUT LIKE AN IDIOT TO ASK ANYONE ANYTHING?

And then there's the clothes themselves - When did men* start wearing "Slim Fit" shirts? When did "plain" start meaning "slightly-fewer-stripes-and-logos-than-everything-else"? And why do I need to wear shirts with the name of some American university I've never been to on the front? Why do many of these shirts have so many badges and other bits of stuff stuck on them as to resemble a three year old's collage art? And isn't wearing some huge made up logo for some product/thing/place that doesn't exist even worse than wearing a logo for something that does? Surely they're not trying to be ironic - those vacuous little twerps wouldn't know irony if it hit them in the head.

Yes, I know, it really is just me getting old, unfashionable and grumpy.

...somebody give waif-boy a sandwich - he looks like he's gonna pass out.

*as opposed to: vacuous, waifish, underfed, metrosexual, "half-fruit", wearing-their-little-sister's-jeans androgynous shop assistants.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:35 AM   #36
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Oh, Hagar! I so feel it! I've two teenaged boys and the 16 year old will ONLY buy clothes at Abercrombie and Pretentious or similar. I HATE going to those phoney-ass places. I loathe the eardrum melting volume of the jungle music, the 'assistants' and the whole attitude. hate it! How is it a 20 year old making 6$/hr gets to be so haughty??? HUH?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #37
Griff
still says videotape

I would like to add umbrella boy to this list. There are ten seconds left in the criterion (bike race). Wouldn't you suspect the the people in the grandstand by the finish line are interested in seeing the final sprint? Why open your umbrella and move at that moment?
Old 08-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #38
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar

Yes, I know, it really is just me getting old, unfashionable and grumpy.
No really, I am sure you were at one of those trendy places? It would be about the same as me trying to fit into Hot Topic. A very enjoyable read Hagar.

You should come to our old unfashionable and grumpy store then.
We sell all kinds of levis,chaps, Carhart jeans and ironically Hagar slacks, regular t's in not too many choices and cable knit jackets from Columbia Sportswear. We don't sell on a commission so we would only stop long enough to open the dressing room door, mumble a thank you and slam it gently behind you/:p
Old 08-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #39
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
Why are they in your yard?
The pond is creek fed, and the creek is fair game for fishermen...er I mean fisherpeople. They know better than to trespass, but they fish at the mouth of the creek. Next day they move toward the house a few yards. Next day same thing. If you aren't an asshole to them from the start, they soon will have worked their way right up into the yard. Some days I hardly look that way.I'd call the law, but I've never liked to get them involved unless it's the last resort. Usually if you go out and tell them to get their $^(*&*^&@ outta there NOW, they'll quietly leave. Especially if you're wearing a .44 cal on your hip.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #40
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

@capnhowdy..... put up a sign...

'shooting range'
Old 08-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #41
Griff
still says videotape

My neighbor was sitting with his daughter in his row boat ten feet out in the little pond on his property. Public servant comes by, "what is the name of this lake?" Neighbor says "private." Neighbor gets citation for lack of floatation devices. listed
Old 08-29-2006, 07:19 PM   #42
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
The pond is creek fed, and the creek is fair game for fishermen...er I mean fisherpeople.
What's GA law?
Here they can float, but not allowed to touch bottom if it's posted, on water flowing through your property. If it originates on the property, can't float either.

The bitch is, whether it's posted or not, whether they are legal or not, if they get hurt, you are liable.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:03 PM   #43
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
Assholes I find sitting in MY yard, on MY lawn furniture, fishing in MY pond when I come home. And yes, it is clearly posted. One of these days......
A farmer in my area noticed a family pull over and get out of their car and have a picnic on the far corner of his property. He let it slide, but noted their plate number.
Later, he happened to be over near where they were picnicing and saw thay had left a pile of trash. So he bagged it all up and called a pal who was a cop and cashed in a favor chip and had the cop run the plate number.

That saturday, the farmer drove the 45 minutes to the family's suburabn home and emptied thr trash bag out onto their lawn, then drove home.

It's how we do things up here.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #44
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar
I'm sure they have Carhartts in Oz. Years ago, I just adopted the work clothes/Cabela's look. It's just easy, if we go out I wear my new looking work clothes.

Wife hates it, and thinks blue jeans would be an improvement. I do own a suit and most peole don't recognize me when I wear it.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #45
skysidhe

I'm still thinking I need to be that big nasty dog and house sit although I am soft spoken and perhaps they would not listen to such a weenie.

@ The 42. I am going to be passed over for a full time job for someone who has a loud mouth. She acts like she is your friend to your face and gossips behind your back.She gossips about everyone to everyone.It's just not me. The new kids love her but the old schoolers like me distrust her.She is so police state. She suppects everyone is a theif. She went after the job I wanted. I was a shoe in for this job till she caught wind of it. I may not get it because of her family connections in this business. She is so like my list below.

on the flip side. If I don't get it I will quite possibly get another job for the state or in Education which might be better and perhaps that is what I should again this year I am torn about which direction I want this to really go.
Thanks everyone for allowing me to vent a little.

1. People without integrity.
2. Abusive people
3. People who attempt to divide a community.
4.People who like drama.
5.TV evangelists.
6.Gossips.
7. People that have no manners.

Last edited by skysidhe; 08-30-2006 at 11:02 AM.