The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Photoshop Phrenzy!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Photoshop Phrenzy! Images out of your own head

Old 04-04-2003, 10:21 AM   #16
Bitmap
Look who thinks he's clever Dan.

whoa....

I think This we are seeing a new side of the Cellar(tm). Could AB have actualy had an influence on the way we view New Commmers?[<a href="http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2998">reference</a>]

<i>--------------------------------------------------
Maybe, Possibly.............. Probably Not.</i>
Old 04-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #17
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Re: whoa....

[quote]Originally posted by Bitmap
[b]I think This we are seeing a new side of the Cellar(tm). Could AB have actualy had an influence on the way we view New Commmers?[<a href="http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2998">reference</a>]

Nah, this thread isn't evidence of a newfound cordiality to newbies; merely a forum to expose our warped -- um -- creative minds. Here's what I thought the kid was looking for: <a href="http://www.xinventions.com/main/spy/bug.htm">pictures of bugs</a>
Old 04-04-2003, 01:25 PM   #18
perth
Strong Silent Type

i think theres a difference. justaboys post was sort of charming in its wording. despite the 1985 at the end, i pictured a young kid, maybe 10 or so, soliciting help. and he didnt post a link to his ph@+ \/\/38p@g3!!!!1!!!1!. yeah, he came here asking for help, but at least he didnt want us to go see his band or make a logo for him. he wanted pictures of bugs. how cute is that?

~james
Old 04-04-2003, 01:28 PM   #19
perth
Strong Silent Type

by the way, lots of pics of bugs (of the insect variety) here.

~james
Old 04-04-2003, 04:11 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No reason not to be friends. We're hating Iraqi's at the moment. It never ceases to amaze me how many (mostly AOL) people don't know what a search engine is. Email and instant messaging
is about the extent of their interest.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:20 PM   #21
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
No reason not to be friends. We're hating Iraqi's at the moment. It never ceases to amaze me how many (mostly AOL) people don't know what a search engine is. Email and instant messaging
is about the extent of their interest.
dont forget the constant barrage of advertisements. i cant believe people pay for aol. ive been trying to get my dad to switch for years. he calls me up the other day and tells me hes got dsl now. i say "great! you finally dumped aol!" and he says, "oh no, they have this bring-your-own-access thing".

ugh.

~james
Old 04-04-2003, 05:34 PM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think BYOA is around $20/month, which is ridiculous ... when it premiered (of course) it was around $10. I will admit an overfondess for AOL's "Gun Control Chat" largely because AOL set it up as an anti gun chat room and it was immediately taken over by people who believe gun control means hitting what you're aiming at and having sufficiently large quantities of ammunition handy in case you have to hit several things ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis