The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #11
euphoriatheory
Sealed for your protection.

Location: New Hampshire. (It's a real state. It's north of Boston.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I am into home schooling. I don't have confidence in my wife to deliver the curriculum. She stopped going to school at age 9 when her parents divorced. She worked to help support her family. I'm too busy paying the bills to do it myself.
Oh, and Radar.... didn't see that.... Gotta say, having been to public school, private school, and having been homeschooled all between 1st-12th grade--Private school is the way to go. My sister and I only managed to make it through homeschooling because we were relatively intelligent to begin. Homeschooling did nothing for us, and since I've been through it, my humble opinion is that only parents who have an incredibly high regard for themselves should homeschool their children. If they're both teachers, then fine.... but otherwise, I know that I, at least, as a college graduate lack enough knowledge of science or mathetmatics to properly educate an 8th-grader.

I never thought much of my private schooling either until I got to college. There, I noticed that many of my publicly-schooled counterparts struggled with the workload. It wasn't that kids who had gone to private school were any smarter--we weren't--it's just that we were USED to having a 5-page paper due once a week.

Sorry to offend anyone... guess I'm just kind of in a no-nonsense mood tonight.
euphoriatheory is offline   Reply With Quote