The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #451
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLJ View Post
How come everybody's picking on our man Flint?

'Our man' flint?

Why give him a sweeping learning curve?

I've never seen flint stand up for anyone. You want to like him. He wants you to like him. He'll create a circus for you to play in but that's about it. I don't know if anything else is real. I think once when he was somebody else he was real.

Last edited by skysidhe; 07-13-2007 at 10:16 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #452
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Apparentely Lookout123 just did...

I think Muslima is just tired of getting the stereotype of Muslims = terrorists, whether it was plain site like Lookout123's post or something she takes wrong (majority), and finds it very hard to accept the fact that some extremists do use Islam as an excuse for their agenda. Dillusion is another reason I suspect.
i make no bones about it. i've got very little respect for those that run with islam. i spent my time in the middle east a long time ago. fuck 'em. i couldn't care less about hurting their feelings or being PC.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #453
rkzenrage

Exactly.
Those doing the things the rest are upset about are hiding in the neighborhoods with all the others.
If they wanted it stopped all they have to do is narc them out, they don't, so they support it.
It IS that simple.
Cowardice is never an excuse, I don't wanna' hear it. It will just make me lose respect for them more.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #454
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
...circus...
Quote:
Originally Posted by unmanly, no-balled troll
Yes, this is a circus of ideas. We're all trying to connect each other's dots... do you ever get the idea that the process of how those dots get connected is the interesting part? Much like an inkblot test... is the glass half empty or half full? It's all in the eye of the beholder; even the drinking horse will see its own reflection. [/veiled, shit-stirring bullshit] And yet somehow I can still live with myself.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #455
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're the only one posting dots. Everybody else says what they mean.
Even poor delusional muslima has the guts to post her convictions, instead of some bullshit that can be wormed out of later.
Granny did you a great disservice.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:35 PM   #456
skysidhe

Originally Posted by unmanly, no-balled troll
Yes, this is a circus of ideas. We're all trying to connect each other's dots... do you ever get the idea that the process of how those dots get connected is the interesting part? Much like an inkblot test... is the glass half empty or half full? It's all in the eye of the beholder; even the drinking horse will see its own reflection. [/veiled, shit-stirring bullshit] And yet somehow I can still live with myself.

People are more than ideas and more than the process.

Address people directly. You don't HAVE to be amusing.

Did you do the inkblot test? Did you comment on the results good or bad?

Don't make me start writing poetry to you to try to get through.
( j/k private joke I hope you get)
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #457
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

It is not uncommon for "moderate" muslims (or even christians for that matter) to provide cover for the fundamentalist extremists in it. This case is exceptionally blatant with all the games. All it does is keep people from real debate and allow things to continue, same as ever.

If Islam is truly a religion of tolerance why is it so hellbent on forcing others to conform to their customs? It is a form of fascism; they want to restrict what you can say about their religion while being free to insult yours. This special status is the first part of Dhimmitude (which led to the extermination of over 300,000 Armenians alone).
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #458
rkzenrage

That is the REAL question about all religon, why are they so worried about what others are doing?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:44 AM   #459
Flint
Snowflake

Human nature is endlessly fascinating to me. What could possibly compel an anonymous stranger to insult my dead grandmother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint *Disclaimer: May Contain Sarcasm
It's easier to judge people on the internet, because you can see them as a one-dimensional mockery of an actual human, and that feels good. It feels good to know so much about somebody, to be so astute, like Sherlock Holmes, to be such an expert on the human condition. All it takes is a few keystrokes, and the soul spills forth onto the page. The dark, hidden truths cannot escape the righteous searchlight of this perfect, digital mechanism.
Everything that everyone ever says is just a series of symbolic dots understood to have some connection, which is understood to have some meaning; in this case facilitated exclusively by smallish bits of text, floating in a participative gray area where people's minds attempt to connect, with pitifully little information to go on. Unwittingly projective stabs at mind-reading is what often results in an atmosphere so devoid of meaningful context.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #460
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Cute kitty, but -- "served?"
Old 07-14-2007, 01:13 AM   #461
Urbane Guerrilla

Radio host Larry Elder remarked today that he saw "three ways to submit to Islam: you convert, or pay protection money to a bunch of thugs in order to remain a second-class citizen, or you die." You got the impression he was keener on some better choice.

A recent Thomas Friedman column noted that Muslim are taught the primacy and perfection of their revealed faith over all others -- it could be called God 3.0, with Judaism and Christianity being God 1.0 and 2.0. However, something that's likely to upset the passionately devout Muslim is that the societies running God 1.0 and 2.0 all seem to be doing a lot better, and better for a very long time, than the societies running God 3.0 -- more wealth, more success, more intellectual dynamism, more economic dynamism, more global dominance -- now, he asks, if we've got the best version in God 3.0, how come we haven't got all that?

Something that wasn't relevant to Friedman's column was the idea that the Mormons might claim God 4.1 -- God 4.0 being the polygamous edition... imagine how that would stir the pot.

Remarks?

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 07-14-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #462
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Just act like you understand. We have to stick with the theory that I'm the only one posting dots. Since everyone else always says exactly what they mean, it won't work if you don't always understand exactly what they're saying. The possibility that we're all saying what we mean, and only some of us understand each other, and only some of the time, would ruin everything. Must. Stay. Negative. . . . . . . . Try name-calling.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:51 AM   #463
Urbane Guerrilla

Fred?

Aloysius?

Dmitri?

Agamemnon?...
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #464
skysidhe

Originally Posted by Flint *Disclaimer: May Contain Sarcasm
It's easier to judge people on the internet, because you can see them as a one-dimensional mockery of an actual human, and that feels good. It feels good to know so much about somebody, to be so astute, like Sherlock Holmes, to be such an expert on the human condition. All it takes is a few keystrokes, and the soul spills forth onto the page.

Gawd, I am trying to feel sorry for you. Then I keep asking myself if there's such a thing as karma because when a person sees it...really sees it....a person's just dumbstruck.

Look, I'm only a dork. I just know if I can find toleration so can you.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #465
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
The cat looks like it's hip hop dancing. In some social circles, it is considered a crushing insult to dance better than your opponent, and when this happens the opponent has been "served." See the horrific cinema masterpiece You Got Served for further reference.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread drift.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote