The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #31
asidebet
SamIWas

That gang of drama queens who are attempting to pass as members of a responsible legislature doesn't fool me. You can't outfox a fox and I'm staying right where I am. Going off that damned cliff once was enough trouble without having to come back out here again for Valentine's Day and having to do it all over again. You have no idea how hard it was to coax Wyn to jump off after me, him with his short little legs. And never mind the damn mountain lion scare.

Nothing has been done about the sequester other than to extend unemployment benefits and nothing has been done about the debt ceiling - just more histrionics and shoving the problem a couple of months down the road. Watching Grover Norquist posturing on CNN is worse than watching old made for TV Santa Claus movies. Yeah, Scrooge is real and Santa isn't. We know that already.

I just got a cool assignment monitoring the Colorado State Legislature for its own outrageous behavior. And I can even do this from the comfort of my new home on the banks of the Colorado River. Colorado apparently has its own version of C-Span which I can connect with via my laptop. The laptop can be recharged via my truck battery or an outlet at the Visitor's Center located just a few miles upstream from here.

I'll be doing volunteer work for the Colorado Cross Disability Coalition which does outstanding stuff on behalf of Colorado's disabled folks. Hah! The Colorado Legislature won't know what hit them. That's what happens when a gal is pushed over the edge.

Sent by a note in a bottle