The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #61
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yeah, what foot said. quit it with the excuses already.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:54 AM   #62
Pie
Gone and done

I'm been doing the 10,000 steps per day thingie -- it really works. I've lost 22 pounds since January 9th, without reducing calorie intake. I've tried to cut down on high GI foods (since I'm borderline diabetic), and that might make a difference too.

At this rate, it'll take me till January 2008 to be at my target weight. Well, I'll get there eventually! It did take me 12 years to get into this pickle in the first place.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #63
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

When you know it's the right time for you to lose weight, nothing will stop you. The beginning of last year I decided I was tired of carrying an extra 40-50 pounds. Instead of 250, I'm 205 now. EVERYONE says I look like my old self, and 10 years younger. Never get tired of hearing. And I actually LIKE going to the gym now.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:11 PM   #64
NZLcyclist
n00bl3+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoy100
Would a bike be able to hold my weight?
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=71678

thread about a 400lb guy and his search for a bike, and his weight loss efforts.
NZLcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #65
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Sorry to kick this big old bubble which has built up, but have any of you considered that this person isn't even for real? "He" doesn't exactly seem to be jumping with joy at all this advice and interacting with us. The last time we got one of these messages that everybody ran wild with the advice, it was the supposed East-European wife who had the mother-in-law problem, remember? Turned out that the same message was posted on just about every forum you could find and we never heard anything further. Personally, I first asked myself how a morbidly-obese 17yo with no friends who can just barely write and sounds like a column copied out of a newspaper showed up at The Cellar. Call me meanie if you want, but I don't buy this story.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:24 AM   #66
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
meanie
Old 05-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #67
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
Sorry to kick this big old bubble which has built up, but have any of you considered that this person isn't even for real?
What difference does it make if he's for real or not?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #68
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
What difference does it make if he's for real or not?
Aren't you the person who harangued Marichiko because you dodn't believe she was "for real"?
Quote:
It was asked in another thread "Is it real" as in here, in the cellar, are people really who they say they are? Seems that at least a few people find this to be important, and most, if not all, answered in the affirmative. If it's not real, if we are not who we say we are, if people are free to make shit up as they go along, to sound more interesting, to prop up their own ego's, to win arguments - whatever... what is the point? Why are we wasting our time here - have they canceled television or something?
Why have you changed your tune?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #69
jinx
Come on, cat.

I didn't. The smiley was intended to convey the same question you asked - to tonchi. Sarcasm of sorts. Although the joke is never as funny if you have to explain it...
Old 05-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #70
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

'sok, limey. she's very subtle. the yin to my yang.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:42 AM   #71
marichiko

Force yourself to walk even though you don't like it. A walking buddy might be helpful in this area, Exercise is a big component of weight loss. If you don't have much money and feel stupid swimming, walking is the way to go. My ex-husband was almost 6'4" and usually weighed in at between 160 and 180 - his secret - he began by walking and then started jogging. He said the adrenalin high from jogging was worth the physical effort. He actually got into carb loading before major runs and kept his weight below 180 even so. Losing weight is not always a fun activity, but the results are worth it. Begin just by walking around the block and take it from there.

Good luck!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:25 AM   #72
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Sorry to kick this big old bubble which has built up, but have any of you considered that this person isn't even for real? "He" doesn't exactly seem to be jumping with joy at all this advice and interacting with us. The last time we got one of these messages that everybody ran wild with the advice, it was the supposed East-European wife who had the mother-in-law problem, remember? Turned out that the same message was posted on just about every forum you could find and we never heard anything further. Personally, I first asked myself how a morbidly-obese 17yo with no friends who can just barely write and sounds like a column copied out of a newspaper showed up at The Cellar. Call me meanie if you want, but I don't buy this story.
maybe he is actually out there walking, biking, swimming and too busy ith his new found love of fitness to come to the cellar.

maybe
Old 05-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #73
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

hopefully
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:29 AM   #74
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
maybe he is actually out there walking, biking, swimming and too busy ith his new found love of fitness to come to the cellar.

maybe
Maybe the Cellar regulars are basically good-hearted people who have a knee-jerk reaction to people who ask for help too But as I have said before, after all these years as a moderator, I know right from Hello when something isn't right. This one doesn't even want to go along with the game. Let's see now if "he" is checking back enough to realize he has to put in another appearance to keep it rolling.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #75
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Maybe the Cellar regulars are basically good-hearted people who have a knee-jerk reaction to people who ask for help too But as I have said before, after all these years as a moderator, I know right from Hello when something isn't right. This one doesn't even want to go along with the game. Let's see now if "he" is checking back enough to realize he has to put in another appearance to keep it rolling.
OK, you're probably right, and I was being sarcastic in my previous post, but can I still call you a meanie?