Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #31
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

He killed Bin Laden
Old 11-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #32
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Tsk, tsk so many trying to cast stones at one little state. My goodness all we need is Bruce & Spexxvet to mount their mighty chargers and come to the rescue. I had no idea you were responsible for the success of your own home states. Pray tell, please identify your state so we can all bask in the glory of the Democrats.

Obama killed Osama?? He was the number 1 in the stack & pulled the trigger?? A man with no military service who has ravaged our senior command? Now y'all must be snorting your koolaid. Osama was eliminated due to the efforts of the intelligence community that culminated with a tactical excision. I think Admiral McRaven was responsible for planning and executing the mission. Obama watched a computer screen.

Maybe you should consider the Obama administration vetted commander of the Inter-Services Intelligence knew Osama's location and withheld the information. The 9/11 events and War on Terror lay at the feet of President Clinton. He withheld the permission to eliminate bin Laden when he was was successfully targeted at the end of his administration.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #33
Big Sarge

Our Glorious Leader has saved the economy and the unemployment rate is shrinking. Wait a minute, we might need to check that.

Here is the stunning statistic on the economy that tells the whole story about why we aren’t growing faster. Since Barack Obama entered the Oval Office in January of 2009,the percentage of the working age population actually part of the labor force (either working or looking for work) has plummeted by 3 percentage points – to 62.7%. Not since early 1978 has such a low proportion of the working-age population been in the labor force. In effect, the labor force is 7.4 million smaller than it otherwise would have been had people either not stopped looking for work or, particularly with the case of younger Americans, simply failed to start looking for work. In effect, nearly as many Americans have either left the work force – or never entered — in this recovery than have found a job. That’s a very distressing trend. It also explains the big dive in the official unemployment rate to 5.9%.

Maybe we should check some of Glorious Leader's accomplishments a little closer. http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevemoo...e-found-a-job/
Old 11-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #34
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

McRaven needs to close some blabby mouths, like he said he was gonna. Seals shouldn't be giving details of seal raids.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #35
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
... Obama killed Osama?? He was the number 1 in the stack & pulled the trigger?? ...
The number 1 in the stack missed, the number 2 aced Osama according to No. 2 and corroborating witnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
McRaven needs to close some blabby mouths, like he said he was gonna. Seals shouldn't be giving details of seal raids.
Meh, they told Delta Force operators to be humble and keep everything to themselves only to have the retired CO write a book and market the rights to a movie. Trade secrets are one thing; but, the majority of what happened doesn't need to remain classified until the Admiral gets around to releasing HIS book. He's just upset because he can't while still on active duty whereas others who left the military can.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #36
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Tsk, tsk so many trying to cast stones at one little state.
Nobody's casting stones, just showing you why you blaming Obama and the Affordable Care Act for the troubles of all those Mississippians is wrong. Their woes, which go way beyond health insurance, are generated by the politicians in Jackson.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:23 AM   #37
Big Sarge

Sexobon - It has now come into question as to whether the first in stack hit Osama with one of his 2 rounds that were fired. The #2 followed with a round to the head upon entry into the bedroom. Seals are arguing whether he was already dead and which one of the operators was in the second position.

Personally, I feel the members of the mission and roles they played should remain classified. I don't understand how any of this has been released. These men had TS/SCI with dual scope, a read on for Gamma and others. Upon transfer of station, they are required to be read off and sign an NDA. If any of us had opened our mouths on our target packages, we'd probably be playing dress up with Little Miss Chelsea Manning. This whole shit storm started because the White House wanted to play look what I did with Hollywood.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #38
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
... I don't understand how any of this has been released. ... Upon transfer of station, they are required to be read off and sign an NDA. If any of us had opened our mouths on our target packages, we'd probably be playing dress up with Little Miss Chelsea Manning. ...
It's not hard for those who weren't in the military; or, are no longer in the military to get away with it. An NDA won't put anyone behind bars. This was covered in a previous discussion about Snowden:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Divulging classified information has always been illegal; but, the government has always had difficulty in successfully prosecuting such cases. That's because the standard in criminal cases is "beyond a reasonable doubt" which can be created ...

... So the government went the corporate route back around '86-'87 and started having everyone with a security clearance sign nondisclosure agreements; otherwise, lose their security clearances and most likely their jobs ... including military personnel who would be immediately processed for separation. I signed mine.

The nondisclosure agreements in themselves did not make divulging classified information illegal, there were already laws on the books for that. The agreements reminded people that it was illegal and more importantly provided for forfeiture to the government of any tangible gains a violator may realize from the breach of security. The government can sue violators just as corporations can sue individuals who violate nondisclosure agreements protecting proprietary information. These are civil cases in which the burden of proof is simply "a preponderance of the evidence" that they broke the law. ...
Can you imagine the political fallout if the government tried to criminally prosecute the Seals who got bin Laden. Sue them, maybe.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #39
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
I think Obama improved our standing in the world. We're not perceived as that asshole bully anymore.
Right, now we're perceived as disloyal and untrustworthy. Some improvement.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #40
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

By whom?
Old 11-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #41
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

This is why I love Marines. They don't look for glory, they have it within themselves. Marines just ARE.

They're not running around trying to remind us of everything they've done for us. They don't look for glory in their actions. They know it. We know it. The few, the proud...there's a lot to be said for that.

I'm not negating what the SEALS did. I'm just sayin'...

Semper Fidelis

Last edited by infinite monkey; 11-09-2014 at 10:31 PM.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #42
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
I see a recurring thread on here about health care and Obama's not responsible for the economy My, my.
Quote:
Obama killed Osama?? He was the number 1 in the stack & pulled the trigger??
Obama killed Bin Laden just as much as he's responsible for the economy, unless you have a double standard.

Sarg, how about answering the question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Republicans don't want to raise taxes. Veterans need better care. Better care cost money.

Sarge, do you choose to not give better care to veterans, or do you go into debt to provide better care for veterans?
Quote:
Our Glorious Leader has saved the economy and the unemployment rate is shrinking. Wait a minute, we might need to check that.
The government has used the same measurement for unemployment for a long time. The Cellar discussed this same argument during the bush administration, IIRC. I can't find the thread, though.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #43
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Obama killed Bin Laden just as much as he's responsible for the economy
I disagree. The Commander in Chief has direct control of the military, so he can order an operation like the Bin Laden one, and it will be carried out.

Fixing the economy requires herding the cats in Congress to pass stimulus packages and other fiscal policy laws. He can do a little by executive order, but mostly relies on Congress. And the Tea Party at the time was all about cutting government spending and sequestering and furloughing the government workers. They were doing anti-stimulus stuff.

They aren't remotely equal.

One he has direct control over, and the other requires cooperation with Congress.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #44
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

If this gets deranged in the middle it's because I'm trying to post from my phone. Next to impossible to go back and correct.

What Obama gave me was what the Cellar does. Faith and hope in Americans and the fact you're not just paying lip service to that poor old bit of paper that has been used and misused and callen to excuse some sorry shit but also some wonders of the world besides.

Be proud. Be American. The rest of of don't always get you. But you elected a mixed heritage man, with a middle name which is suspect in your country. Don't be short term. The rest of the world maybe doesn't hold you in as high esteem as you think but that applies to every continent, country, principalities, capital, etc etc

From a foreigner's pov Obama seems about all Americans being equal. And yes, I am an admitted (again and again) bleeding heart liberal. I think he is bringing the US into line with European thinking and ideals. And yes of course I think that's good.

If you don't, it's your country. I wouldn't want anyone from outside to change orld and you really are. But only when you say Sains

Last edited by Sundae; 11-10-2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: can't delete final & irrelevant line
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #45
Big Sarge

Crap. I typed out a long response and outlined how the current administration had affected me personally. I posted it and the Cellar ate it!