The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-05-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
deepandchilled03
Maximum Reflection

Video is purportedly September 11 scouting tape

I'm doubting this is actually surveillance video for the 9/11 attacks. There are many people that despise America for one reason or another, and could of easily filmed this and said what was quoted in the article.

The biggest clue for me was the quote "in which the tape's owner turns to the camera and says in Arabic, "I will knock them all down,". The terrorists themselves never thought they were going to actually knock down the towers, only heavily damage them. Osama Bin Laden himself admitted in the tape of him viewing the disaster.

The Article on CNN
Old 03-06-2003, 12:58 AM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Terrorist scouting tape for 9/11? I don't know. But there is enough 'terrorist' activity to go around ... just because all you have is a hammer, doesn't mean that everything IS a nail, even when it looks like one.

ANYBODY could have a plan to cause havoc ANYWHERE.

There could be multiple interpretations of that statement, but of course the one that fits indelibly NOW is that of a couple of jets flying into the building without King Kong there to fend them off.

Could have been a reference to another bomb plot.

Could have been a reference to a financial plan SO ingenious that he would have controlled the world financial markets.

Could have been some idiomatic statement in Arabic the particular nuances of which are lost in translation ...

Could have been a lot of things. But it's not as easy to see that now.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote