The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-24-2005, 11:20 PM   #211
Saddam Hussein
The CIA faked my death

Hello infidels,

Had the brief opportunity to post here and just wanted to say......

You will all die violently and have no virgins to fuck in the after life.

Have a nice day,

Saddam
Saddam Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:27 PM   #212
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Good grief, Slang's become a Bush troll.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #213
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
...who was running from police, wearing an overcoat on a summer day.
hmmm..

Documents and photographs leaked to ITV News also confirmed that Mr de Menezes did not run from the police, as had been reported, had used his Tube pass to enter the station, rather than vault the barrier, and had taken a seat on the train before being grabbed by an officer.

He was wearing a light denim jacket and not as previously reported a padded coat which could have concealed explosives.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #214
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

What's behind the London bombings

With some 15 pages of exchanges on this thread, I've read some, skipped some and scanned some - which may mean that I unwittingly repeat someone else's observations - hopefully not.

Interesting that a large number of the conversations reference the extent to which the muslim/islam culture as a whole bears responsibility for the London bombings. I am, however, inclined to think in a different direction.

I don't know if I am alone amongst the UK contingent to this forum, but although I was understandably shocked at the horror and the devastation of the bombing, the fact that it had finally happened wasn't quite the surprise it might have been. Contrastingly, I remember that I learned about the WTC disaster while on a one day cycle trip in France (that's not meant to be humorous - it just happens to be true) and I simply did not believe what I was being told when it was revealed that two planes had crashed into the WTC towers and one that they had collapsed – the whole thing was beyond comprehension. In the case of the London bombings we had been led through media reporting and editorial to expect something. Added to this we had experienced so many alerts and warnings already that there was a certain inevitability about it. Maybe that also has something to do with the 'British resolve' in this case - a sort of: 'Oh, it's happened – we wondered when it would - we'd better get on with our lives as usual - wonder when it will happen again?'

How do we get to the position of making this reaction? Beyond the media element, it’s almost that we have been so well-prepared to expect it. Our current society and social structure in Britain almost encourages it (and I don't mean that as saying we have too many different races and religions here). I've mentioned elsewhere on this site how our government has moved the goalposts - so many times that you really cannot recognise the playing field now. We have no control over our borders so those with both good and bad intentions may come and go as they please; the family, and the discipline and structure that goes with it, has been discouraged through legislative changes that make single parenthood attractive financially and socially; educational standards have fallen and show little signs of improving; our benefits system may be (and is) easily and readily abused; our courts seem to be powerless to bring the guilty to justice ( be they youths or adults) and even our laws seem to contradict each other (certainly since the adoption of the European Human Rights Act). There is more but it all adds up to an erosion of standards, understanding, responsibility and fairness - overall: hope.

No wonder then that the young may be enticed to act as messengers in the scenario portrayed so vividly and realistically by Lcanal (entry #199). And even if that is not true the extremist preachers (who as I have said can come and go – I use ‘can’ instead of ‘could’ because no one believes that the new terrorist legislation will make a real difference) have a sufficient source of willing and gullible recruits on which to draw as a result of the foregoing to produce those they can convince of the evil of the free society and the difference they can make to rid the world of such unbelievers – even with the end result being death by suicide they are given a purpose and a value that they simply cannot find elsewhere.

I firmly believe that it is only a few that are responsible for this atrocity. That we should find them and punish them by whatever rules and means our society proposes is correct. We should certainly not condemn an entire creed and culture because of the actions of a few – if we do then, we are little better ourselves. At the heart of the solution is starvation and isolation of the extremist. This means denying them the recruits that can so easily be obtained in the current social climate – to do that we need to give the young people concerned a separate purpose that alienates the life (wrong word under the circumstances) on offer elsewhere - and demonstrating that the doctrine the extremists preach is corrupt, evil and against the true path of Islam (we have the support of the general Islamic population and following in this respect).

Man tends to upset the balance of society when he meddles with it. The majority prefer a balance, but there are and always will be extremes. In life generally, and in nature, the extremes tend to be isolated so that they can present little harm leaving the balance of the majority preserved and protected – one only has to look at this forum to see how extremist views (sorry UG and mrnoodle - nothing personal) are the most rigorously challenged. Aggression against the whole is not the solution and never will be. There are plenty of examples around this planet where Muslim, Christian and Jew live in harmony alongside each other - in fact I would say that rather this is the norm, and it is unquestionably the exception to the norm that requires attention.

Last edited by Cyclefrance; 08-18-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Cyclefrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:36 AM   #215
bargalunan
Abecedarian

In British Cambridge Evening News, Bruce Lait, a survivor of the 7/7 says the bomb was UNDER his train (London’s Aldgate East) because the hole was coming out the floor.
Another witness, Mark Honigsbaum, said the same in the Guardian.

Members of the British 9/11 Truth Campaign (http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/) have checked on chronology of the 7/7 and conclued that the official one's is impossible.
The 4 terrorists taken in picture couldn't reach King’s Cross station on time.
bargalunan is offline   Reply With Quote