The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
lookout123
changed his status to single

C'mon 11! Just give me an 11!

So I'm back from Las Vegas. Mrs Lookout and I went up for a little getaway. We had a blast as usual, but we made out better than usual so that is even better.

Maybe I should rephrase that. She lost just as much as usual. I actually scored pretty big. I went in with $100 in my pocket with plans to hit the ATM when I ran out. As it was, I got back on the plane yesterday with a little over $1000 in my pocket. That is after paying for the hotel, meals, trinkets, hookers, etc... That is when I asked my wife how she did. She wasn't sure, so she started doing the math. There were a couple of ATM slips involved. And a credit card slip. It turns out that we broke even. I can't complain about that, we usually come home about $1000-1500 lighter with gambling and odds and ends added in.

But for just a little while, I was feeling pretty cool with my winnings. I owe it all to discipline at the roullette wheel. To be honest, I owe that discipline to the fact that I only had 5 beers over 3 days. I would put $40 down. If I lost it, I walked away. If I doubled it I walked away. I placed the same $25 worth of bets each and every single time. When good old number 17 hits, I collect $75. When 11 hits, I collect $60. collect the winnings and walk away. come back 10 minutes later. rinse. repeat.

Anybody else have a game they have to play? A certain bet they have to stick to?