The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-31-2005, 09:06 PM   #16
Nightsong
Wang Dude

You know something, I am sick to death of the"Be nice to the dead" and I feel sorry for the dead." Bullsh*t. The dead either are very busy or very bored and either way. Mourning and sorrow, funerals and obits are for the living. With some exceptions(children, sudden accident, or even senseless murders) I rarely mourn the dead.
Mourn the living. They need the support.
As far as a dead Lawyer goes, The guy was a dick when he was alive, I see absolutely no reason to be nice about him now that he is stiff and cold.

XO bruce has a fantastic point that we arent beating the body. In my family it is considered respectful to tell bad jokes at the settin up. (wake for the southern impaired in the audience) Actually I have seen funerals that resemble nothing more than a helluva party. I have been accused of being an a**hole. It is true, but that doesnt change the fact I speak to people often a too straightforward manner. I am quick to point out faults. I am just as quick to praise. Having said he was bad in life I will point out he still put on a helluva show.
Nightsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:20 PM   #17
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
Maybe I'm too nice (no, I don't think so...) but I feel bad for the guy because he's DEAD. I have no urge to crack jokes and laugh about it, I just kind of feel bad for him, and maybe he was an asshole, but when you die, it should earn you just a little bit of respect. It must be really hard on his family to read all the jokes and nasty comments... There, I was nice today.
This cocksucker even managed to turn the Reginald Denny case into a racist play.

It wasn't a tumor, it was cortical constipation.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:11 PM   #18
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

One of my classes was cancelled on Tuesday and Thursday so my professor can attend his funeral.

That's my 6 degrees of separation from Johnny Cochran.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:42 PM   #19
lookout123
changed his status to single

and if that doesn't work for you, just try to remember that he was a lawyer.

that oughta do it.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:57 PM   #20
ceally
Kinda New Member

Cochran

It is my opinion all your evil comments about Johnny Cochran's death are dut to the fact your are sociopaths, racists, and you all belong to hate groups. I would guess your hero is the Pope who protected the child molesting priests all over the world.

Johhny Cochran helped oppressed poor black people being abused by white society. Your comments are based on the fact he defended as so-called black man for defending a white woman and just as in previous times you think the black man should have been hanged, guilty or not. Thank you white America for keeping your true racist feelings alive and out in the open, because it is better to know the enemy.
ceally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:43 PM   #21
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceally
It is my opinion all your evil comments about [dead attorney's] death are dut [sic] ... your [sic] are sociopaths, racists, and you all belong to hate groups.
You left out grammar Nazis.

Last edited by Beestie; 04-07-2005 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Missed a typo in ceally's post.
Beestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:58 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hi Ceally, welcome to the Cellar.
I'd like to personally thank you for guessing how many beans are in the jar, but Beullah the Buzzer tells me the judges say your wrong. We do, however, have a lovely consolation prize of assorted fraqrances. The ladies love them.

I'm sure with your disposition you have a lot of evenings free, so why don't you drop by and educate us about the good works of Mr Cochran. Personally I'd never heard of him before he helped OJ get away with murder.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:31 PM   #23
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
...Johhny Cochran helped oppressed poor black people being abused by white society. Your comments are based on the fact he defended as so-called black man for defending a white woman and just as in previous times you think the black man should have been hanged, guilty or not...
OJ Simpson is poor and oppressed? I wouldn't have know that if you didn't bring it to my attention.

How is getting away with murder being abused by a white society?

Oh, and for your information, OJ didn't defend a white woman...he killed her. And yes, I think the evidence in that case was overwhelmingly against him and he should have been found guilty and suffered the punishment the courts deemed fit no matter what race he is.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:27 AM   #24
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
It is my opinion all your evil comments about Johnny Cochran's death are dut to the fact your are sociopaths, racists, and you all belong to hate groups. I would guess your hero is the Pope who protected the child molesting priests all over the world.
Well, there you go.

The nig, uh .. jig is up I guess.

She saw right through my white sheet. I guess I should go with a higher thread count next time AND make sure I'm not backlit when the picture is taken.

And for the record, I'm not a member of a hate group any longer. I dropped my ACLU membership years ago ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:06 AM   #25
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error
OJ Simpson is poor and oppressed? I wouldn't have know that if you didn't bring it to my attention.
If he wasn't before, he sure as heck is now...

Cochran might have been a hero, or villain, depending on your point of view, but one thing he was not was cheap. OJs "dream team" cost him most of his money.

Who knows how much he has squirrelled away? He is obviously not flipping burgers and so has more money than I do. Which ain't much, but it's more than I had a month ago.

And the paparazzi are still chasing him around. That's oppression in MY book.

Brian
Old 04-08-2005, 09:28 PM   #26
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

I was reviewing this on a blog that I participate in and thought I'd post my entry here as well.

Let us not forget his handling of the Reginald Denny case. He was a one trick pony who could turn any case on the race card.

From the article on the Ebony web site...

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...49/ai_14969864

Best in the West - attorney Johnnie Cochran

That's exactly why Cochran says he is representing Reginald Denny. The way the U.C.L.A. and Loyola Law School graduate sees it, Denny's case comes down to one thing--racism. "This case is about more than Reginald Denny," says Cochran, whose $40 million civil rights lawsuit on Denny's behalf charges the L.A. police purposely abandoned that the predominantly Black neighborhood of South Central L.A. during the unrest. "This case is about empowerment of people who are perceived to be powerless. There were over 25,000 9-1-1 calls requesting help for Rdginald Denny and all of them went unresponded to. What does that tell you? They would never have done this in an affluent White area."
Old 04-08-2005, 11:31 PM   #27
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

All those residents of south central that "won" the Denny case will be paying that $40 million. To suggest the money is being taken away from "whitey" is ridiculous.