The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 AM   #31
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
It also lets you schedule recording sessions on an unattended machine, ...
One of those " subtle and yet significantly superior abilities" that was not apparent to me when I read their "Total Recorder Feature Chart". However, in cyberspace, even real time BBC broadcasts have a delay. Is the timer function useful? Can the timer also be used to 'turn on an audio stream' at a particular time?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #32
glatt

I resurrected this old thread just to point out that woot.com is having a nice deal today and today only on USB turntables. It's $49.99 plus $5 shipping and handling.

If you have a stack of old vinyl LPs kicking around and you want to get them into digital format, I doubt you will have a better opportunity than this sale at woot. [shill] Order now. [/shill]

Download Audacity for free [reviewed a few posts above], and you can make mp3s or CDs with that turntable.

This turntable looks kind of cheap, but it should do the job.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #33
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

How does one put videotape onto CDs? My brother put all our home movies on VHS, by taping the screen running dad's old 8mm projector...now I want those on CD or something.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #34
glatt

You can take the vcr and connect it to a video capture device like the Pinnacle Dazzle. That device will have software that will let you use your dvd burner in your PC to make dvds of your video tapes.

I have the Dazzle and am not terribly impressed with it. It's a pain to use the software. Scrolling through the video capture devices sold by Amazon (linked above) there don't seem to be any with more than 3 stars.

I don't have a rock solid answer to this question. Nothing I would recommend.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #35
glatt

Actually, this and this get decent reviews on newegg. But some people had problems with the software on both.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #36
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I have the ADS one. It's always worked well for me. The capture software is fine. The video editing software is rudimentary, but usable. You're probably going to want something else in that department. (I just used Nero 6 myself, which is arguably rudimentary + 1.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote