The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 10-23-2005, 10:21 AM   #16
staceyv
Lecturer

I did quit my job!! I almost strted a thread, but for some reason or another decided not to. Since I started my blog, I take most of my life events, issues, concerns there instead of bugging you guys.

Quitting my job was a GOOD thing- a very, very good thing. All of my hair is starting to grow back- I can tell because now that it's bleached blonde, I can see the roots- it's definitely growing!

Arsen's making a lot of money working 65 hours a week and he says he doesn't mind and I don't have to work. It'll take us another 2 years to be where we want to be financially, instead of just 8 months, but it's worth it.

I got a job at an animal shelter one day a week, but I'm going to call and say I can't work there because I found a full time job mon-fri. That's a lie. I just really don't want to work outside in the snow and my allergies are getting worse from all of the dander and cats in the building. I worked there two weeks, it was an experience. I used to do that work when I was 21, but I guess 8 years later, my body's too old for it.

We decided to rent a huge house with my mother, her fiance and my little sister. We'll have our own private kitchen, living room, bed and bath. Plus, we get to share a huge yard that I'm fencing in. Yay!

I also found a band to play with. We've been getting together on Sundays. They love me. This is the first time I've ever been the lead guitarist. I was always rhythm guitar. I'm getting better and I have lots of time to practice.

Ever since I quit that friggin job, life's been going up and up and up. That place had me miserable and depressed and TIRED for 5 long years. Now I'm starting to remember how I used to be, the real me. No one deserves that kind of stress in their life. Please overtip your poor pity-deserving waitresses.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:24 PM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Congratulations, stacey! Well done! I wish you the best of luck in your Life Shake-UP---change is usually always good and most definitely inevitable!

In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #18
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Good luck! I hope the new house situation works out for you!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:40 PM   #19
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Good news for Stacey! Stress sucks massively, and does bad things to our bodies.

Just a word of advice, though, if I may be so bold: men are weird. We're great at wanting to fulfill that "me big strong man, bring home bacon, support wife" thing for awhile, but then we start wondering why the fuck we're working 65 hours a week and hating it while the Mrs. is playing in bands. Summary: be good to your hard working man so he doesn't cop an attitude. Tell him what a big strong man he is, and all kinds of other ego-boosting horseshit.

Trust me on this. We're infantile...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #20
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

What Els said, PLUS bonus points for living with his Mother-in-Law. Seriously.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:37 PM   #21
staceyv
Lecturer

God damn it, we didn't get approved for the house. The owner looked over our applications and said we have too many vehicles and my sister isn't working and my mom hasn't been at her job long enough, so we can forget about that.

Oh well. We've decided to stay in this shithole apartment for another year or until we get the credit cards paid off and save some money. Then we'll get our own place or even look into buying a house.

We both quit smoking this week. We have extra money now that we're not moving into the house, so we're getting a nice treadmill and $10 a day in chocolates...

I feel very bitchy.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:47 PM   #22
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Too many cars? What the hell does he care how many cars you have, as long as none of them are up on blocks? Or do you have the car payments to go with them, so it is a financial thing?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:24 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Landlord probably thought Arsen looked shifty, and too few of you have jobs.

The car thing gives him reasonable, non-sueable justification for the refusal.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:50 AM   #24
neria
Kinda New Member

Hey, is this thread still up?!
anyone????
Old 08-17-2006, 04:48 AM   #25
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Hi neria The thread's still up if you want it to be. Is this something you have a particular interest in?

Welcome to the cellar by the way. Please don't feed the animals, especially in the Wolf enclosure *grins* very dangerous, she's been known to bite peoples' fingers clean off. And as for the Monkeys, they're usually pretty Happy just swinging about.

(Oh God, stop me now before I die of Punmonia)
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #26
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I think someone made Stacey mad, so she quit going to the cellar. I have no clue what is going on in that front. But we can continue on with your experiences.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:02 PM   #27
staceyv
Lecturer

I'm back- and so is my hair

By the way,
my husband never gave me any crap about not working. I went through a kind of depression that lasted for about 6 months (while my hair was really, really short and sparse) I didn't want to leave the house too much and I was basically sleeping until 3 pm every day. He did say he wished that I would stop sleeping my life away and do something to make myself happy.
But he was always kind and never told me to get off my ass and get a job. He's been so good to me!