The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

View Poll Results: How will you vote?
If my Democratic candidate doesn't get the nomination, I will vote for the one who does. 10 47.62%
If my Democratic candidate doesn't get the nomination, I will vote Republican because I'm the devil. 2 9.52%
I intend on voting Republican regardless of the Democratic nomination. 5 23.81%
I honestly don't give a shit. 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #16
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I vote on "This poll was made by a neocon moron who hates the principles America was built on"
Old 05-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #17
Griff
still says videotape

If Hillary wins I'll probably vote Libertarian. Gravel and Barr have joined our usual field of no-names. I might look at Gravel, coming in from the left. War mongers are right out so Clinton/McCain are non-starters.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #18
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Hillary is done. She's just trying to recoup the 11 million dollars she lent to her campaign before she drops out.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

How is she going to do that, though? She blew through the $6 million...now she just gave herself $5 million more.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #20
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I didn't say she would be able to do it, I said she was trying to do it. I don't know many people who will donate to her campaign just so she can pay herself back. I think those who want to donate to a Democratic presidential campaign, want the money used to pay for radio & tv commercials, yard signs, bumper stickers, phone banks, campaign staff, speech writers, etc.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #21
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I think those who want to donate to a Democratic presidential campaign, want the money used to pay for radio & tv commercials, yard signs, bumper stickers, phone banks, campaign staff, speech writers, etc.
Not to mention access to her when she wins the Presidency.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #22
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Very true...which is why nobody will want to donate to her campaign since she has a snowball's chance in hell of winning her party's nomination let alone the presidency.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #23
lookout123
changed his status to single

That's right. Didn't you say it would take a live boy or a dead girl to keep Obama out of the White House?
Old 05-10-2008, 05:23 AM   #24
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

My big piece -- the one that's a repeating arm -- chambers 7.62 NATO.

The Democrats are still -- chronically -- the Party of Defeat. What lamebrain could want that? Time for them to go the way of the Whigs.

Making war upon ultra-statists like fascists cannot properly be conceived of as unlibertarian. To bring libertarianism to the places that will benefit the most from it -- the places that lack even the conception -- will require libertarian parties to grow claws and fangs and be skillful at using them. It's a matter of human instinct: the instinct to dominate the environment. People will fight like dogs to attain or retain power. Libertarians must prepare to outgeneral and outpunch that kind of opposition. Until then, the libertarians get nothing.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 05-10-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote