The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #16
Nirvana
Back in 10

If they are not going to incarcerate them for any length of time, I think all they need is a hole to pee out of. What are the stats for women that rape? How is that accomplished?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #17
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Seriously?

Women molest their own children, with sticks and hands and...yeah, it happens.

Violence isn't curbed by cutting off the wee-wee.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
rditlkustoleit
Violator of Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
There is a trend towards that kind of behaviour. A male lion taking over the pride kills all the cubs, so that the females immediately go into heat and all new cubs are born with his genes. Stepfathers (offical or common-law) are FAR more likely to kill or abuse children who do not carry their genes.

Law of the jungle, baby.
Completely different set of circumstances/variables/causation, therefore, different effect than I was describing.

However, as an experiment, I just engaged a pride of lions, killed the alpha-male and all cubs.

Although I gave it my most sincere effort, I can assure you that none of the felines wanted to have sex with me...

Again.

I couldn't even impress them with my user name!?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #19
monster
I hear them call the tide

and what punishment for the parents whose child was out in their nightdress in the middle of the night and they had no idea?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #20
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post

Violence isn't curbed by cutting off the wee-wee.
I disagree castration takes away the hormones and they have nothing that gives them pleasure in that way.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #21
rditlkustoleit
Violator of Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
and what punishment for the parents whose child was out in their nightdress in the middle of the night and they had no idea?
Agreed! There is a serious omission in this story's time line where the parents are completely unaware of, well, anything. Child is abducted or leaves home in the middle of the night, returns and goes back to bed before anyone takes notice?

I suppose anything could happen, but it is quite suspect.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #22
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Quote:
I thought the story said the child was abducted from the home. I know people whose bedrooms are far enough away from their children's that they wouldn't hear quiet sounds. Perhaps the parents are heavy sleepers? Might be bad parenting, might not be.

It is hard to imagine a traumatized four year old opting to go back to bed rather than seek out its parents. That's a hard one to parse.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #23
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell nutkin View Post
I thought the story said the child was abducted from the home. I know people whose bedrooms are far enough away from their children's that they wouldn't hear quiet sounds. Perhaps the parents are heavy sleepers? Might be bad parenting, might not be.
Almost as a footnote at the end of the story:

Quote:
Because the victim is so young, there are questions, such as, "How did the suspect get access to her?" The police say there are no signs of forced entry at the home, but windows were left open at the house that night.
If you have a 4yo, you don't leave windows open that they could get out of, do you? really? And especially not if there are people around who might want to get in....
Old 05-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #24
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

Quote:
Almost as a footnote at the end of the story:

If you have a 4yo, you don't leave windows open that they could get out of, do you? really? And especially not if there are people around who might want to get in....
You should leave windows open period.

I don't think castration is the answer to pedophilia. It seems like a false sense of security; a cut and release policy isn't going to make anyone safer not really it really means that this pedophilia just has one less tool at his disposal.

Furthermore, incarceration outside the legal sentience of a judge(excluding prehearing detention) is not just wrong it is anti-American. If we are enforcing laws outside of the legal system then we are nothing more than a mob not only a mob but a lazy one that wont go out and draw and quarter its pedophiles but just locks them away illegally.

Finally I don't think true pedophiles or serial rapist can reformed; they are sick, mentally, and there is nothing that can be done to change them said for locking them in a deep dark hole or execution (fuck lethal injection bring back public execution by guillotine) which out laws should reflect.

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #25
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Once they have absolute proof they have the right guy, castrate him right then and there and then make him choke to death on his own balls. No prison time, no appeals, just pain and death.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #26
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
I disagree castration takes away the hormones and they have nothing that gives them pleasure in that way.
I've seen interviews with individuals who have undergone voluntary chemical castration and still fight the impulse to abuse. Castration does not address the behavioural disorder.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #27
jinx
Come on, cat.

Does it help them win the fight?
Old 05-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #28
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153618

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #29
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
I've seen interviews with individuals who have undergone voluntary chemical castration and still fight the impulse to abuse. Castration does not address the behavioural disorder.

I don't think chemical castration works. Testosterone can reverse this and its available.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #30
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Checking the state's sex offender registry, 22 violent and sex offenders appear within a mile of the girl's house. Some of them are classified as sexual predators. Eight of the offenders are within a half-mile of the home.
How hard could it be to round up an angry mob to burn down 22 houses in one night? I'm not seeing much of a downside...because even if you don't get the right one, you still got 22 scumbags who don't deserve to live. And if they scurry from their ratholes, you could easily round them up and perform some of the other corrective actions described in this thread.

I don't think any other sexual predators would be moving into that neighborhood. Of course, there is the potential problem of developing some Freddy Krugerism.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote