The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
limegreenc
shed door curio

what a dip

Ever tried the dip 'Helluva Good' well it's Helluva Horrible for you but ggoodd is it Good. Anything that bad always is
limegreenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

If you mean Heluva Good, then no, I haven't tried.
Actually it's the same as if you mean Helluva Good because I haven't tried that either

T'internet says they have eight different sour cream based dips, did you have a particular one in mind?
If I could try just one it would probably be Bacon Horseradish.

Urgh, just looked at the ingredients. No.
I'd rather make my own.

How can they get away with stating, "No oils or water - ever!" when soybean oil is right there in the list of ingredients... Hmmmm.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I love it. It's pretty much the only dip I buy. I always get the french onion.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
How can they get away with stating, "No oils or water - ever!" when soybean oil is right there in the list of ingredients... Hmmmm.
You would be amazed at what American labels can get away with. A common thing to see at the end of the ingredients list is "Contains less than 2% of..."

This is because actually, the company is being honest. Legally, they don't have to disclose ingredients that comprise less than 2% of the final product. It could be 1.9% fucking arsenic, and they wouldn't strictly have to tell you if they chose not to.

Yes, this is hyperbole, because of course there are things which are not allowed at all, including arsenic. But there are many things less toxic than arsenic that many people wouldn't eat, if they only knew it was in there.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
limegreenc
shed door curio

what's in your milk?

Somebody told me yesterday, that they only drink dark chocolate almond milk because the milk producers in Canada can 'legally' put a certain amount of pus-yeah no typo, into it. 'Milk-it does a body good' no longer turns me on.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limegreenc View Post
Somebody told me yesterday, that they only drink dark chocolate almond milk because the milk producers in Canada can 'legally' put a certain amount of pus-yeah no typo, into it. 'Milk-it does a body good' no longer turns me on.
Are you saying Canadian dairies actually add pus to their milk? Where do they get it? Is it govt-approved pus? Is it pus from the lucrative Canadian pus black-market? Can you get fat-free pus? Cuz, all r pus is belong to fat.

Really, I thought the place was pussy enough as it was.[/Chainyank]

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by limegreenc View Post
And you believed them?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
limegreenc
shed door curio

Whats in your milk...

Check the Food Matters link on Google, by Don Genova. I was glad to find that Canada actually banned the use of bovine growth hormone-rGBH- but see the United States and other countries do. But, Canada allows our products containing milk ingredients coming from the US to be sold in this country.
Cows who receive the hormone, have side effects that include-udder infections which puts pus in the milk.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Milk is a bodily secretion, so I expect there is at least a chance of pus in the most organic, grass-fed, free range milk you could imagine. Maybe Canada's limits are higher than others, but you're not going to get to 0%.

It reminds me of people surprized that food companies are "allowed" to have insect parts in their food. Actually, you WILL have insect parts in your food, what the law does is specify a limit.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The claim is that BGH increases the chance for mastitis which in turn increases the chance of bacteria or pus. Not mentioned is that milk is tested for these kinds of issues, and milk from infected cows is not allowed at all. Milk is the most heavily-tested food product.

I'm not surprised that "some guy on the Internet" lept to a conclusion. Your internet is allowed to have bogus claims among the facts. Actually, you WILL have bogus claims in your information, and the law does not specify a limit.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
busterb
NSABFD

At UT