The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2004, 05:40 PM   #15
Kitsune
still eats dirt

It's you and me Kitsune, just average folks on there way to some ordinary thing...blown into just parts, for NOTHING.

Yeah, but you don't know 'em. It didn't happen in your state, country, or side of the world. Senseless death happens every day all over the place and is reported on the news. Murder this, and car accident that, a bus explosion here, the death of a soldier there. Hell, sometimes an entire population of people gets hacked to death with machettis. Its non-stop, often happening to people just like us doing the same things we do.

I'm not at all saying you are strange for feeling sad over this, but I just don't feel it, anymore, as its way to common of a thing to feel genuine sadness towards. I feel concern over it, displeasure, and even anger towards the people that do these things, but I'm not going to stand out in the street over it, cry, or send a card.

Again, not trying to be an asshole, just a bit confused as to the general emotional reaction from people who didn't lose anyone they knew and in response to an event that does not directly affect them. (And, admittedly, a bit of strange curiosity towards the few people out there who feign sadness over an event in order to feel as if they are part of a larger group.)
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote