Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Workkin' Out!

How much ya bench?

Put your work out notes here. motivate the rest of us.

Here's what I did today:

25 minutes on the eliptical to warm up. heart rate avg 131, 1.75 miles.

then, the machines....Putting a bit more detail than i will in future so you can get an idea of the machines i use. might just be reps and weight next time.

link to a muscle map

Chest: upright lever press machine with the seat low so it works the top of my pecs. 160 lbs, 8 reps/ 100 lbs 10 reps/ 70 lbs 12 reps....burnouts, no break in between. Then I set the seat high so i'm working the lower boob muscles, and do 120lbs x 6, 80 x 8, 60 x 10, again burnouts....no break between.

Delts/Lats: pulling levers down to the sides.. 180lbs 12 reps ( i was up to 200, but my shoulder is a little hinky) then 120 x 8, 70 x 12.

Abs: Crunch machine 125 lbs 2 sets of 12 or 13 reps.

Biceps: 1 30 lb dumbell. I sit on the end of a bench, put my elbow on the inside of my thigh to hold my arm still. This isolates my bicep..(i had no idea how weak i was until i started doing these) and do 2 sets of 10 curls with each arm, with a 1 minute break between.

Back: Lever machine that simulates rowing a rowboat...90lbs 8 reps, 2 sets...concentrating on using your upper back muscles instead of your arms.

Shoulders: This was kind of a bitch, cuz, again, my left shoulder hurts. Reclining shoulder press...so my arms are forward of my body, and it works the front of my shoulders and upper chest. 70 lbs, 1 set of 8 (I'm pretty beat by now) then I sit up and do a set of 50 lbs with my arms directly over my head (this works the shoulder muscles that connect to your neck[trapezius])

Obliques: I hate this machine. It's like the crunch machine, with the shoulder harness things that drop down, but you twist your torso. I set it on 4 (this is the range of twist....pretty much as far as i can twist) put 70 lbs on it, and twist it. god it sucks. it's like when you bend over for something, and some asshole puts their hand on the back of your head and tries to hold it down so you can't stand up...ya know? gives good results tho.

Triceps: this machine has a tall tower structure with cables and pulley wheels. there's a big thick rope that you hold and pull down. Keep your arms locked to your sides, and pull it down and then apart when you get to the bottom. I did 2 sets of 50 lbs. oooh...it burns....

I didn't do any legs today other than the cardio.

Last edited by lumberjim; 09-23-2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: did some muscle name research
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote