The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 05-25-2003, 04:59 PM   #1
Chris MC
IT'S IN THE TREES! ... IT'S COMING! ...

Location: I moved down to Southampton on the central South Coast in 1967
Members Image Gallery

Hi there ... is at all possible to have a members gallery for posting self pics and stuff so we can all see who we're talking to? Or just a facility to include a pic in our profile page.

Ta lots

PS. I'm enjoying my stay here, very nice people so far.
"It doesn't involve going to the theater."
"In my experience, Mr. Grissom, some men go to the theater ... some men are the theater."
-- Lady Heather and Gil Grissom (Slaves of Las Vegas)
Chris MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 06:57 PM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's a fine idea, and will be worked on, along with the 30-second music sample concept.

I've always liked the idea of an expanded profile but could never figure out what should go into it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 07:20 PM   #3
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

UT, I'm not familiar with the gory details of all the web forum softwares out there... they're all a lot a like from my end-use standpoint... but some of them allow you to post a picture along with your tag line, right under your handle. Does this one have that option? If so, it might fit the bill for those who wish to use it.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:49 PM   #4
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas
UT, I'm not familiar with the gory details of all the web forum softwares out there... they're all a lot a like from my end-use standpoint... but some of them allow you to post a picture along with your tag line, right under your handle. Does this one have that option? If so, it might fit the bill for those who wish to use it.
El Saano has that option. Wait a minute though...isn't that essentially an avatar?

There are several pics of my mug floating around here, but since you want to see the crazies you're talking to, Chris, here:

(I'm not flipping you off Chris...that pic is 5 years old.)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:01 PM   #5
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I have always always felt that avatars ruin things. I know for example that Syc doesn't want that pic to represent him in every piece of communication. Although this is an era when people find a small design that they will put on their body and carry with them always, so maybe I'm wrong.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:24 PM   #6
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

True...I wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that I'm just another angry Gen Xer. (Shhh! Don't tell anybody!)

There are some other pics of myself in this thread, starting with that particular post forward.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:58 PM   #7
juju
no one of consequence

Yeah, they eye is naturally drawn to images on the screen. So I personally find it very hard to read forums that have avatars or image taglines. I keep having to force my eye to focus on the text.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 09:37 AM   #8
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Oh, I don't like em myself. It was just a thought toward an easy solution to the picture gallery idea.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 09:34 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I've been on other v-bulletin sites that have the avatars. The only thing about them that I can see is that they may be more trouble than they are worth bandwith-wise.

Although ...

I have fun watching the occasional changes of tagline ... might also be fun to track the changes of mood which would result in a change of avatar.

Here's me ... :-D smile and say "cheese"!
Attached Images

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 10:40 PM   #10
juju
no one of consequence

Hey, I think I can see almost half your face in that picture! And look at that body.. mm mm mmm. er.. wait, I guess I can't.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:56 PM   #11
juju
no one of consequence

I guess most all of the regulars have posted their picture here at one time or another, but you'd have to have been paying attention to catch them all. So here's me:

Old 05-26-2003, 11:00 PM   #12
Tobiasly
hot

Wow, juju. That picture explains a <B>lot</B>.

Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 11:01 PM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'll try to take a better picture tommorrow when i have some more time I just got home and am still unpacking, haven't gotten to the camera yet. That was a nasty pulled off the webcam at a moments notice shot ... bad lighting and all.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 05-26-2003, 11:08 PM   #14
juju
no one of consequence

Cool! It seems like I vaguely recall seeing your picture on here before. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, though. But hey, we should all post our pictures. It'll be a picture thread!

Tob, whatever do you mean??
Old 05-26-2003, 11:11 PM   #15
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think I was intimidating Elspode once and posted a pic of myself with my rifle (there are many like it but that one is mine).