The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: how often do you smoke marijuana?
I've never tried it 32 30.48%
I did it when I was younger, but don't anymore 31 29.52%
I smoke only in social settings or alone when I think I can get away with it 16 15.24%
I'm a weekend warrior 11 10.48%
I smoke on a daily basis 15 14.29%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #151
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

A friend of mine could tell you what kind,how high up the plant, how high up the mountain/hill and where the hill was. But since nobody else could, how do we know he was right?
Yeah Noodle, there's an identifiable difference in strains.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:24 PM   #152
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally posted by mrnoodle
You know how certain "brands" of pot come around every so often? They all have cute names like 'Bubblegum' or 'Alaskan Thunder Fuck'...Did anyone ever smoke enough weed to be able to tell the difference?
The truth is out there.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:55 PM   #153
mrnoodle
bent

Dammit. I had quit, too. (Draws on remaining dregs of self-control) I will not add this site to my favorites list. I will not add this site to my favorites list. I will not add this site to my favorites list.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:18 PM   #154
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Does metal music make you want to smoke pot. I just fired up some old Def Leppard tunes and was wanting for something I cant quite explain....

....maybe whiskey.....but no. I never got into the whole pot thing, maybe I didnt listen to enough of the right music.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 11:23 PM   #155
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
...... wanting for something I cant quite explain....
I got it. To shoot the neighbor that's pounding on the wall. False alarm, sorry.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #156
headsplice
Relaxed

I couldn't find this anywhere else, so I'm going to post this link. If you are currently, used to be, or even know someone who smokes dope, you should watch this:
The Marijuana-logues
Old 02-29-2004, 08:35 PM   #157
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Oh yeah, featuring the hilarious Arj Barker!

"The world's pretty fucked up right now.... shouldn't *I* be?"
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:45 PM   #158
farfromhome
Management Consultant

Nice feed splice

Who needs a television?Enjoyed that.Party on world.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:46 PM   #159
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm getting garbled sound.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:47 AM   #160
York
Operations Operative

not all people are thesame, everyone is uniek, so let the ones who feel better with it , do it! Remember that there are some advantages to it too! For people with particular diseases can it be a great way to function or kill the pain! For normal people it can be a social drug, or it can kill some mental pain, or it can make u feel good... With everything u do there is a upper and downer-side ;-) If u dont cause any trouble , ur just smokin, and whats the difference between something u feel better with, than smoke a pack a ciggies a day? The smoke will both do you harm but wat effect is there on a normal cigarette? Im against smoking pot in public, in the car...anything that could cause a public issue, but at home u do as u like! I started 15 years ago, a joint a day, before i went to bed...now it increased a bit...the days i got vacation its maybe 2 or 3 a day....but i got no mental or fysical problem and dont drink! In fact it started when i was mentally unaible to sleep after my fathers dead...it was the only thing that helped me back than.....So not all smokers are potheads or junkies, i work with the government and im focussed every day...but like i said, everyones different...
York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 05:11 AM   #161
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

There are in the human brain, receptors to which THC connects perfectly. A perfect fit. I believe this is why it is so effective in treating MS. Apparently it "covers over" the gaps in the mylin sheath basically providing a route across the gap along which information can travel ( MS causes the mylin sheath to break down in places) ......I am not a doctor myself so my second hand explanation of the description told to me by a doctor maybe be a little garbled. Anybody out there know about the effects of THC on MS?

Last edited by DanaC; 05-29-2004 at 05:13 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:15 AM   #162
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Heroin is a "perfect fit" for receptors in the human brain too. So what?

(no, I am not equating herion and MJ use, nor will I start the slippery slope/gateway drug argument)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:27 AM   #163
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The receptors they fit are different ones. Heroin, unfortunately, fits some of the receptors that govern involuntary functions, which is why it's so dangerous and why overdose results in death. THC fits the receptors for a set of brain chemicals known as anandamides, so well that I think they are starting to call them "cannabinoid receptors" ...and does not attach to receptors that control involuntary activity, which is why overdose is safe and only results in sleep.

Chocolate also contains anandamides. They figure they control memory, and bliss.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #164
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

MMM.....BLISS
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:15 PM   #165
marichiko

I'm one of those wierd people who get paranoid from pot. I would smoke it as a social thing with friends in college, but every single time it would give me something like an anxiety attack. I have no problem with the people who do get a nice buzz off of it and use it responsibly. Its probably less harmful than our legal drug - alcohol. I do enjoy the occasional glass of wine and if a pal of mine wants to light up while I drink my glass of wine, we can have a nice companionable buzz together. To each her own.