Old 07-03-2007, 07:54 PM   #106
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Marc Rich's attorney: Scooter Libby
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #107
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Yea, really, it is BFD to me. None of them are any different from the others. We traded one King for another. Do you realize that that if Ms. Cliton is elected we will have had two families completely control the US government for the last and next 24 years in total?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #108
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Marc Rich's attorney: Scooter Libby
Damm! I did not know that.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #109
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

While the White House press corps were visibly after Libby's blood about this and evincing a somewhat petulant frustration at not getting any in the press meeting with John Snow today, a quarter million in fines is hardly the "small amount" one of them called it.

I'd say the ones who can use a phrase like that on money like that are the ones with at least four times that in their savings account. It's pretty silly coming from someone without.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #110
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Libby'll get his money back making a speech or two for the AEI.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #111
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Libby'll get his money back making a speech or two for the AEI.
Fund raisers were already in progress to easily raise that money. Later George Jr will pardon him completely so that he can practice as a lawyer - perform just like Ken Starr. George Jr would not answer the question. Libby's pardon is already planned. Too many even in The Cellar demonstrate their approval by so much silence.

Wacko extremists want laws enforced when it conforms to their political agenda. Laws endorsed for the purpose of those laws - that would only harm their political agenda. Libby need not have those fines pardoned since extremist will easily raise that money. Even Urban Guerrilla would cheerfully contribute.

When the Saudi ambassador arrived at the White House and accidentally left a brief case with $1 million, do you think anyone in this administration called to return that $million? More money to cover trivial fines.

Libby was openly working to pervert America's government in the tradition of Nixon. Since that is a good thing, then we will pardon him.

First Energy had a nuclear reactor with a potential Three Mile Island failure. Other two reactors with the same problem shutdown immediately. But First Energy ran a $450,000 campaign fund raiser for Bush Cheney. Suddenly only First Energy’s reactor is exempt from that emergency shutdown and repair for almost six months. And this is good – for extremists who believe laws should first serve the party – not the principles of America.

Of course extremists will scream “Lincoln Bedroom”. Screw the scumbags in Toledo. They are expendable for the glory of extremists in the Republican party. Libby’s fines have already been taken care of. Working for the party at the expense of America has benefits not available to honest people. Urbane Guerrilla especially approves of this double standard. Notice how people just like Urbane Guerrilla will not even admit that Libby was a crook.

Notice the same people - like Urbane Guerrilla - absolutely refuse to acknowledge (let alone ask) a question that only patriots would ask. When do we go after bin Laden?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #112
Urbane Guerrilla

Well, when we're approving of what tw disapproves of, we're supporting the Republic -- something tw has never to my understanding ever been caught doing.

And yeah: Libby obstructed justice, which is a crook's doings. (Tw never gets just how unlike him I am. Being tw, he cannot.)

P.S.: For "John Snow" read "Tony Snow." Sigh...

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 07-04-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #113
rkzenrage

Silence? What is there to say TW? Bush is disgusting... this is just another to add to the list and not nearly a new low, just more of the same ol' shit.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 AM   #114
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well said.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:54 AM   #115
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
When the Saudi ambassador arrived at the White House and accidentally left a brief case with $1 million, do you think anyone in this administration called to return that $million?
Oh really!? Got proof of that act?

Quote:
When do we go after bin Laden?
HA!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:08 AM   #116
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I've heard that as well (Saudi Arabia briefcase thing), I forgot where I heard it from though (probably tw...).
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:25 AM   #117
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
I've heard that as well (Saudi Arabia briefcase thing), I forgot where I heard it from though (probably tw...).
Urban myth my friend. No one would have such proof. Think about it.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #118
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Oh really!? Got proof of that act?
TheMercenary obfuscates the point again because reality is so contrary to a political agenda. Would George Jr send that briefcase back? When did he get so honest? They even exempted a nuclear reactor with a potential Three Mile Island failure - that was later found to also have a hole in its containment dome - to operate for months in exchange for $450,000 of campaign bribes. When did the mental midget's administration get honest? About the same time he said we would get bin Laden?

Says so much the difference between what is posted and what TheMercenary see. Do we deal with reality - or believe the clearly mythical political agenda about an honest George Jr administration. Valerie Plame - a major intelligence operative in the CIA? Expendable when a political agenda is at risk. A briefcase with $1million. Not even a second thought what to do with that money.

Meanwhile Libby had no problem immediately writing a check for his quarter million dollar fine. Spare change? What happened to the $billion in cash that disappeared in Iraq ... without accounting. And that too is not impeachable?

But TheMercenary insists George Jr and Cheney are honest men if court transcripts are not provided. It's called a political agenda.

Monica Lewinsky is a major crime. What's a lost $billion in cash? Just an honest political agenda.

So when do we go after bin Laden? Says so much about the honesty of George Jr AND the patrioitism of George Jr's supporters who also fear that answer. Urban myth is that George Jr is honest. Urban myth that George Jr supporters can be patriotic and still be honest.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #119
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
TheMercenary .... bla, bla, bla......a nuclear reactor........bla, bla, bla, bla.......bin Laden.....bla, bla, bla.........TheMercenary....... bla, bla, bla... bla, bla.........George Jr ..........CIA...............bla, bla, bla........ $1million...........bla, bla, bla.......Libby.........bla, bla, bla, bla........TheMercenary...........George Jr and Cheney..........bla, bla, bla... bla, bla, bla.........political agenda.....bin Laden................bla, bla, bla...........George Jr...... George Jr......bla, bla, bla......George Jr....... bla, bla, bla, bla, bla.............George Jr ..... bla, bla, bla..........
Let us know when you actually have something of substance to contribute other than that crap you just spewed forth. Still no proof of a briedcase with money in it. Nice try at the duck and weave, you failed in defending your position again.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #120
Urbane Guerrilla

Yep, no proof of the briefcase thing. Tw prostitutes (not prostrates, nor prostates) himself before his anti-American fane of lies... not again, but still. That the best you can do, tw?

There's a word for political extremists of tw's stripe, and that word is slut.