The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #16
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Wow. "Cool!" was my first reaction, then "crap" because my favorite neighborhood running trail has powerlines that crisscross over it several times. Wonder if this works with the compact flourescents that 'they' keep telling us we should use to replace conventional lightbulbs. If so, I could carry a couple of those with me, and do a night run.
Get a couple of people together, put the bulbs in your mouths, and do an "Uncle Fester Night Run".
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:29 PM   #17
Weird Harold
Vice-President of Resentment

How is it theft, if you are not hooked up to the lines, but just capturing the otherwise lost power?

It does look cool.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #18
monster
I hear them call the tide

Attached Images

Old 05-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm not so sure it's the power being sent through the lines that's actually being drawn off and not just a field generated by the power passing along the lines?

I'd like to see that link CharlieG got from his friend.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #20
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I have seen this sort of thing personaly , years ago I was an electrition , we were puttin in this HUGE distrabution center , there were High voltage wires running above a fence along one side of the property , one nite we were working late , I was sent to the supply trailer ( under the wires ) when I opened the door ALL the floresent tubes were lit up , it was cool enough for me to go get the rest of the crew , the boss was NOT amused !!
Also the customer would have truckers park next to the fence ( with the wires over head ) , if you were touching the trailer and touched the fence it would shock the HELL out of you !!!
They had us put a ground rod at EACH fence post ( but sir that will only make it WORSE ( just that much ground potential ) , 300+ 10' ground rods later , I was elected to test the voltage with a meter , there was so much bleed off voltage it BLEW apart a simpson 400 meter , there was SO much bleed off voltage we had to put a set of jumper cables between the fence and the man lift we were useing , you could hold your arms obove your head and the hairs on your arms would stand up !!!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

An article that includes one of the IOtD pictures.
Quote:
Another alternative energy researcher, Larry Rand, citing the work of Dr. Tom Bearden and John Bedini, urges West to not be so hasty to presume that the high-power line effect is due to his device tapping into the electricity being transmitted by those lines. "Perhaps in this case the power company lines and the device form somewhat of a resonant condition that allows some of the same 'power' from the universe that goes into the power company lines, to enter the device."

"According to conventional physics, there should be little power collected from the power company's transmission lines, unless huge coils are used, in fairly close proximity," says Rand.

Rand even goes so far as to suggest that what is actually happening is that the power grid's method of generating electricity absorbs the lines of aetheric energy away from areas where they would otherwise flow, thus inadvertently robbing everyone in the power line vicinity from equal access to this free energy source from the universe.

Taking this a step further, Electrical Engineer, Ken Rauen, points out that "aetheric energy flow that is redirected means natural energy flows are disrupted." He then asks, "what are the full ramifications on the environment and biological health?"

Inventor Hector D. Perez Torres of Advanced Research Knowledge asserts that "power company lines act as a sink for natural-occurring RF radiant energy waves in low to very low frequencies (LF/VLF) from 10 kHz to 535 kHz." He said the Power distribution entities know of some interactions between naturally occurring VLF frequencies emitted from the earth, and that "they invert lines at intervals and place filters and suppressors in line" to counteract these effects. "Utility companies expend millions in filtering geodesic 'noise' that affects their systems, like in solar storms."

If it is actually a case of tapping into the electricity in the transmission lines, and not aetheric energy being amplified by the lines, what West is most concerned about is that people will make these devices with the specific intent of stealing power from the grid, similar to unscrupulous pirating devices in the wireless world of entertainment.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #22
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
It's not just waste energy. They are drawing more power from the lines than would be wasted otherwise.
Not exactly. Energy does not flow entirely in those wires. In fact, energy would only flow in (hope I have remembered the number) about 1/4 inch inside the wire - called the surface effect. The rest is carried by fields outside wires.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:35 PM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Right, super high voltage runs the surface. tw, you might know, do the fields this far from the wire actually draw off of what the power company is sending or is it a byproduct of that?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 AM   #24
rkzenrage

Quote:
That doesn't sound like a "Bullshit"ty topic. Are you sure it wasn't MythBusters?
You are correct.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:07 AM   #25
SPUCK
Professor

If work is being done(light) then energy is being drawn off.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:09 PM   #26
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Not exactly. Energy does not flow entirely in those wires. In fact, energy would only flow in (hope I have remembered the number) about 1/4 inch inside the wire - called the surface effect. The rest is carried by fields outside wires.
You are correct, but I fail to see how it conflicts with what I said.

The bulbs are drawing power, not just using waste power. Less electricity is getting through than would if those bulbs weren't there, because they are tapping into the electromagnetic field you mentioned.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #27
Happy Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I'm not so sure it's the power being sent through the lines that's actually being drawn off and not just a field generated by the power passing along the lines?
Essentially the same thing. You can't affect one without affecting the other.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 05-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #28
The Eschaton
Vivacious Vivisectionist

I would like to know if that picture is real or a trick. I submitted a questions to scops, i hope they investigate it.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Essentially the same thing. You can't affect one without affecting the other.
According to the article I linked in post 41, that might not be true.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #30
Happy Monkey

The article was about people trying to make free-energy machines using "aetheric energy". I'll stick with the science.
|_______________| [pics]