The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2009, 02:41 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nov 21, 2009: 115,000 Joints

Joints, cigarettes made of pot, reefer, marijuana.

Quote:
When you think of the world's most prolific pot smokers, certain names come to mind: Snoop, Cheech and Chong, Willie Nelson.
How about Irvin Rosenfeld?
The 56-year-old Fort Lauderdale stockbroker will put his name among the greats when he sets a world record tomorrow for weed consumption while lighting up his 115,000th joint.

Quote:
Rosenfeld's pot has been provided by the government since 1982, when he became a patient in the Federal Drug Administration's Investigational New Drug Program.
Rosenfeld suffers from a rare bone disorder called multiple congenital cartilaginous exostoses, which causes severe pain, alleviated by a healthy dose of ganja.
He's been getting 300 joints every 25 days for the past 27 years, and said he smokes between 10 and 12 per day.

"The first thing I do every morning is smoke two joints as I watch my business shows," Rosenfeld said. "Then another on my drive to work."
Rosenfeld said he's never gotten high on the sticky icky, and he's allowed to smoke while operating heavy machinery.
Nope, I'd rather not be eligible for that program.

Quote:
Not getting high also means no late-night trips to Taco Bell.
"No munchies, no munchies, nothing other people get," Rosenfeld insists. "A lot of patients don't get high."
And the ones that Unc-Sam gives you, don't do anything at all...

Oh, by the way, that Federal Program ended in 1992, but 4 people were grandfathered, including Irv.

link
Via