The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 07-16-2004, 12:22 PM   #46
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Radar more recently.

(these were posted in his thread on his recent wedding. Any updates on your progress in getting a visa?)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:28 PM   #47
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Actually I've lost 35 lbs this year, (25 since the wedding) and I'm lifting weights everyday. I look much better than I did at the wedding. I should work out because when she gets here, I'll have to remind a few guys that she's my wife.

I spoke to my immigration lawyer and he thinks she'll be ready to come to America by January or February which means I'll be there just in time to say, "Happy Anniversary!"

Last edited by Radar; 07-16-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #48
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
But um only for me. (A reload fixed it)
Not only for you. I also had to reload to get rid of a picture of the flood damage.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:53 PM   #49
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*smiles* When I was into playing roleplaying games, I used to have a few favourite character names. Most of my online friends know me as "Salo, my alter ego in Ultima Online. He was a scientist(alchemist( who was driven mainnly by his own cowardice and fear of death.His name came from a dubious art house film called Salo, 100 days of Sodom.....I have never seen the film, but as a horror buff I have heard much about it.

My other favourite character names were Seraph ( an insane playerkiller who spoke a kind of childlike nonsense) and Isaac Shaw ( a peasant miner who was generally diffident and hardworking :P )

Most of my characters were male, but there were one or two females. ...Syrifa ( a female version of Seraph) and Aesil ( a scout who liked to play tricks on people)

Thinking about it....I probably used to start new characters primarily because I like thinking up names :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:18 PM   #50
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

In the USMC my nickmane was " zippy the wounder doof , with his infinant knoladge of that wictch matters not " in other words I know alot of shit about shit that don't mater for shit .
I just shortened it .
Old 07-16-2004, 07:05 PM   #51
No_TimE

many people say i'm busy all the time,so i named myself No_TimE
Old 07-17-2004, 03:32 AM   #52
hollyoake
The world has changed and i'm still in my underwear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_TimE
many people say i'm busy all the time,so i named myself No_TimE
but not too busy to tell us that you chose your name because you are too busy... the irony!
hollyoake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:44 AM   #53
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

When I was first BBS'ing, back in the days when a 300 baud modem was considered good, I dialed into many BBS's. I had a hard time keeping track of passwords. Most of the time user names were real names.

The first BBS that wanted a handle was called Gearjammers. In order to help remember my handle I thought Gears=Sprockets=Spacely's Sprockets.

Once I came up with that handle, I used it everywhere.

The only attribute I believe I share with Mr. Spacely is a very loud voice. "JETSON!!!!!!!"

As I thought I posted a while ago, in the new incarnation of the Cellar I decided to use my real name as a test of the Consitution and personal statement that I stand behind what I say. If I ever became uncomfortable about saying something because the government might not like it, then that would indicate that my government has failed me in not assuring me of my rights.

BTW, I did search for the post where I discussed this but came up empty.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 12:17 PM   #54
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

If any of you are familiar w/ cop movies, you'll reconize my name... def. one of the coolest movies of all time. I mean, does it get any better than a '68 charger and a '68 mustang racing through the streets of san fran in excess of 100 mph??? I think not.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:25 PM   #55
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
Actually I've lost 35 lbs this year, (25 since the wedding) and I'm lifting weights everyday. I look much better than I did at the wedding. I should work out because when she gets here, I'll have to remind a few guys that she's my wife.

I spoke to my immigration lawyer and he thinks she'll be ready to come to America by January or February which means I'll be there just in time to say, "Happy Anniversary!"
Cool. It must be hard for the wife to be not near. And going to the gym/looking after yourself is a great way to work off the stress and pass the time. I remember going through immigration thing with my wife but, since she was Canadian, it was considerably easier. Hope all goes according to plan. We look forward to seeing Ms. Radar on the Cellar
Old 07-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #56
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
BTW, I did search for the post where I discussed this but came up empty.
I seem to remember it.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:14 PM   #57
LSMFT
Confounded Conjuror

Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco. My Mom and Dad smoked 'em, and sometimes I get the violent urge to spark one up.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:40 PM   #58
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt
If any of you are familiar w/ cop movies, you'll reconize my name... def. one of the coolest movies of all time. I mean, does it get any better than a '68 charger and a '68 mustang racing through the streets of san fran in excess of 100 mph??? I think not.
steve mcqueen, ultimate badass.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:45 PM   #59
lookout123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothboy
Hmmm, "Pretty Pedestrian" sounds like a good nickname.

It has layers.

like an onion or a...

cake.

ogres have layers. onions have layers. GET IT!?!?!?
Old 07-24-2004, 02:49 PM   #60
lookout123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
For a minute there, I thought you were dogging Radar's pic.

By golly, you actually *do* bear a sort of resemblence to Gary Burghoff in his younger years, doncha?

Burghoff is an interesting character. He makes his living doing small-scale theater, mostly dinner theater, these days, and he travels the country in a big motor home with his dog, staying in local RV parks near where he is performing. He was in KC awhile back for a stint, and stayed in a park I am familiar with. From all accounts, he was a pretty nice guy.

a few years ago burghoff went on a rampage in a texaco station. not physical destruction or anything, but i guess he got to yelling pretty good. if i remember right he had forgotten his ID and wanted to write a check and the kid behind the counter wouldn't accept it. he went through the whole "you know who i am don't you?" and the kid just wouldn't go for it. even though there was a photo of burghoff on the counter because he was doing commercials for that chain of gas stations at the time. i thought it was pretty funny.