Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #181
busterb
NSABFD

WHS^
Old 02-06-2015, 10:20 PM   #182
anonymous
Operations Operative

What do you do when a neighbor stops by after you've resigned yourself to sleep and it's a neighbor you've always liked who has a lady friend who is older than he is but he is older than you are...and you sit talking for a long time and it clicks like it always has with him, then he kisses you and it's been a million years since you've kissed anyone, let alone letting somebody get that close and you say no I can't and he's very gentlemanly. Then I ask if he's going to tell his lady friend that he kissed me, when she gets back from her required few months in FL every year (lady friend has money, which I do not) and he hem haws around.

I liked being kissed. Like I said, it's been a million years. I like this guy. Always have since I met him. But why would someone want to be with me when they have a really nice lady friend to hang out with? I'm not a picnic. Did he think I was just going to give him some? Or does he like me?

I can't trust my feelings, where like is concerned. I will go with the fact that he was uncharacteristically forward. We'll still be fine as friends and neighbors. He's not a big drinker and he had some beers, so maybe that's it.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:24 AM   #183
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He wants to play in the winter league during the off season. You know, to keep his skills sharp.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #184
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

^^whs^^
Old 02-07-2015, 04:09 AM   #185
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yeah - he probably reallylikes you - but that doesn't mean he doesn't want his other lady friend.

Ten foot barge pole.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:15 AM   #186
Griff
still says videotape

tad apprehensive about the spin control with the latest jobs numbers...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...te-up-slightly
Old 02-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #187
anonymous
Operations Operative

I found my ten foot barge pole. Thanks for the comments. I think you have it right.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #188
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
tad apprehensive about the spin control with the latest jobs numbers...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...te-up-slightly
That's what happens when all those kids flunk out of college after one semester.

Glad to be of service, Anon.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #189
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Good for you, anon. You know you made the right choice.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #190
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I found my ten foot barge pole. Thanks for the comments. I think you have it right.
WTG, now you won't have to join sex buddies anonymous.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:32 PM   #191
monster
I hear them call the tide

My new "assistant". Who is a well meaning dick. what's really making me go hmm is the bosses' decision to hire him. I think they are suffering hiring burnout. And he's assisting receiving and booze too. I don't see how they think this will work, but more to the point, they dump him on me to "train" in my first hour "flying solo" while I'm testng out my toys and powers and seeing if they work like they did in training. A person needs some privacy for that. Plus he wasn't even expecting to work today so cannot STFU about how special he must be. shoot me now
Old 02-10-2015, 06:29 AM   #192
Griff
still says videotape

Patience monster! You'll make it work.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #193
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Ten foot barge pole.
Lord Bargepole?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #194
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Patience monster! You'll make it work.
What is this thing of which you speak?

he was kept out of my way today, except I managed to encounter him when I foolishly decided to lunch in the break room because my crib was a little overcrowded. he was expounding to the poor drones how important he was and how every job he has trained in so far is so easy.

I did enjoy the peace and quiet though. And all my toys are now working. I have 4 guns -thinking one for each hand and foot, stick my unicycle up my butt, eat loads of beans (it is an organic and heath store after all) and there will be no stopping me
Old 02-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #195
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Apple 'family sharing' makes me apprehensive. I agreed to it at my husband's suggestion, hoping I'd get all the music he endlessly downloads along with my daughter's stuff that's on his account, and tonight - I tried to download Hozier's 'Take Me to Church' and I found I couldn't do anything on my account without my husband's security code. Even though I've had my own Apple account for years, it was subjugated to my husband's account via 'sharing'.

Has anyone else had this experience? I immediately had flashbacks and a bad evening, and I stopped all 'sharing' on my electronics. And my husband confronted me about it, because he had an email from Apple saying I'd done this.
Yet - I never had an email from Apple alerting ME to the fact that my account had just been subjugated to someone else's. Agreeing to 'sharing' didn't involve subjugation in what I read.

So, was I highjacked? Did Apple pull one over on me? Did my husband knowingly pull one over on me? He isn't happy tonight that I disengaged from 'sharing', but so be it. I just want to know at which level my autonomy was violated.